Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Devoted to discussion pertaining to those issues which are specifically relevant to people 45+. Topics must have a specific perspective of people in this age group for it to be on topic.

The story of Abraham and Sarah is told in chapters 11-25 of the book of Genesis.
Learn More:Abraham & Sarah

Feb 9th 2013 new

(Quote) Lisa-54615 said: Why or why do you want to live in Wisconsin? Brrrrr.
(Quote) Lisa-54615 said:

Why or why do you want to live in Wisconsin? Brrrrr.

--hide--
No other place stirred my heart or felt like "home" than Wisconsin has.

Feb 10th 2013 new

Having kids who need their Dad in their life makes re-locating virtually impossible unless it's within the same state. (legal reasons) Good thing California is the size of a small country...but realistically it's good for them to be within 2 hours of his place to be able to keep that relationship going. Sucks for me, but good for the kids.

For a follow-up question: "How does one participate in a long-distance relationship when the ultimate result would be that he would have to move here to be with me?" scratchchin

Feb 10th 2013 new

Mary yeah I would be willing to relocate. In my age group the selection pool of a 7/7 Catholic that can marry in the Church is not that high. Luckily I am able to move due to my circumstances and being from MN anywhere I pick is most likely warmer :)

Feb 10th 2013 new

I would, but not until I knew that the relationship was going the distance. I have a full time job and I own a condo, but I would move for love if it was a trial. All in or all out. I would just go back to teaching school versus being a director/manager. My children live all over the world with the military, thus that doesn't play into the equation either.

Feb 10th 2013 new

Caroline, Al and Linda-------It's heartwarming to hear that so many members would relocate in the right situation and for the right person even willing to change jobs, etc. Now just wondering, what are your thoughts on moving to another country as opposed to just moving to a different state or in Canada to a different province?

Feb 10th 2013 new

(Quote) Mary-637223 said: Caroline, Al and Linda-------It's heartwarming to hear that so many members would relocate in ...
(Quote) Mary-637223 said:

Caroline, Al and Linda-------It's heartwarming to hear that so many members would relocate in the right situation and for the right person even willing to change jobs, etc. Now just wondering, what are your thoughts on moving to another country as opposed to just moving to a different state or in Canada to a different province?

--hide--

I lived in Europe for over ten years and followed a military man all over the place. It depends on the situation. It would depend on God's answer to my prayers. I am an American through and through, but there are trains, planes, and automobiles--and cruise boats. Laugh.

Feb 10th 2013 new
(Quote) Mary-637223 said: Caroline, Al and Linda-------It's heartwarming to hear that so many members would relocate in the right situ...
(Quote) Mary-637223 said:

--hide--

Mary, I've been reading the replies and for now I need to stay where I am as I have an elderly father who depends on me, but I am willing to have a long distance relationship and would move for the right person. Would I consider moving out of the country it depends if the right person came along. I haven't found Mr. Right here but who knows he may be right around the corner & we haven't met.

What I find a challenge is meeting new people in our age group who are not married, that is why I joined CM.
Feb 10th 2013 new

I've been in this small town far too long and so it's only a matter of time before I relocate. I'd prefer to do it with a sweetheart waiting for me when I get there. As far as finding employment goes, I know God has my back. And I've never been one for possessions so I'd be travelling light - my guitar and a suitcase or two, maybe three. biggrin

Feb 10th 2013 new

Linda, I enjoyed your last response. You have an advantage over many of us in that you have experienced picking up stakes and moving often. Therefore, I can picture you meeting a man in God's time that lives a short distance from you; whereas, those of us not so experienced will probably meet a gem of a match halfway across the continent!

Feb 10th 2013 new

Mary, I totally see where you are coming from. It would be nice to meet our wonderful Match in our everyday world; but, it doesn't always work that way. I only heard about CM two years ago from my beautiful niece who met a great match here on this site. Both Elizabeth and Peter insisted that I join. I was a member for one year. Then I did not renew. Why? Mostly because all the men that contacted me were from great distances away---long plane rides away. Almost a year has passed and I returned from Cuba on Jan. 31 and there was a great offer for me to join for one year. I decided to give it one more try and we''ll see what happens. I decided to take a little more active part in the forums, as suggested to me by a kind gentleman from CM about a year ago. I am finding all the input very interesting on this topic which I started. I am learning a lot and the more I learn I realize that all of us have much more in common than not. Good Luck, Mary!

Posts 21 - 30 of 60