Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Devoted to discussion pertaining to those issues which are specifically relevant to people 45+. Topics must have a specific perspective of people in this age group for it to be on topic.

The story of Abraham and Sarah is told in chapters 11-25 of the book of Genesis.
Learn More:Abraham & Sarah

Feb 10th 2013 new

I'll have a house to sell in a couple of years..... hyper

Feb 10th 2013 new

(Quote) Lina-796057 said: I'll have a house to sell in a couple of years.....
(Quote) Lina-796057 said:

I'll have a house to sell in a couple of years.....

--hide--

You might want to lease it out for a few years until you have a few years experience in Wisconsin. Visiting somewhere for a few weeks is a lot different than living there on a year round basis.

A friend of mine decided he wanted to settle in Carolina near his Army buddies. They were there for 2 weeks and happy that they decided to rent for a year. The heat and humidity was killing them. He was originally from Wisconsin. They are now back in Michigan. We have the lakes to buffer the cold winters and also cool down the hot summers

Steve wave

Feb 10th 2013 new

(Quote) Steve-72317 said: You might want to lease it out for a few years until you have a few years experience in Wiscon...
(Quote) Steve-72317 said:

You might want to lease it out for a few years until you have a few years experience in Wisconsin. Visiting somewhere for a few weeks is a lot different than living there on a year round basis.

A friend of mine decided he wanted to settle in Carolina near his Army buddies. They were there for 2 weeks and happy that they decided to rent for a year. The heat and humidity was killing them. He was originally from Wisconsin. They are now back in Michigan. We have the lakes to buffer the cold winters and also cool down the hot summers

Steve

--hide--
Another fine endorsement for MI. wink wave

Feb 10th 2013 new

Mary, I've noticed the same on many men's profiles and wondered the same. As for me, the answer is yes for a multitude of reasons. For starters, I live in such a rural part of the country (even if it is a delightful community), I can't imagine there would be too many men very interested in moving way out here. Also, my ties here are not what they once were. Both of my parents have already passed away, my son will be a senior in high school next fall, so will be soon moving off to college any way and my only sister and her family are scattered around here within a two hour drive. Besides, quite a few friends in the area, there is not much keeping me here.

The way I see it, everyone has their own lives and will move and do what's best for them and hopefully within God's will for them. It's not like I expect them to alter their lives just to keep me company. wink I will do the same, if need be. Besides there are a great many parts of the country in which I would be delighted to live. As a matter of fact, I've been checking out homes in several other parts of the country and finding out what those areas have to offer. It's getting about time to semi-retire or at least enjoy a change of scenery where I could nestle down, enjoy the view and focus on my writing and some other endeavors that have been on the back burner for far too long. Now if God does have the love of my life lovestruck! still out there for me; you betcha, I'll happily move if that's what works best for the both of us.

Feb 12th 2013 new
(Quote) Nilda-834707 said: Perhaps, Linda. However, California is shaky. I need stable ground even if it is covered in 3' of snow or...
(Quote) Nilda-834707 said:

Perhaps, Linda. However, California is shaky. I need stable ground even if it is covered in 3' of snow or the winds are knocking down trees on my house. Still I am contemplating on living somewhere in the south... I don't know why we've been hit with these rare storms of late. I've been a Connectican all my life and would miss the Fall -- the Winter season I can do without...

--hide--

Nilda as a fellow nutmegger, I agree with you being stuck in my house for 2 days was not fun. I did get a deck cleared before the condo association plowed my walk. I love having 4 seasons, but would like to spend the winter months away from here. I have a few years before I can retire & I am seriously considering moving to a western warm climate and coming back here for the other 3 seasons...
Feb 13th 2013 new

(Quote) Mary-814080 said: Nilda as a fellow nutmegger, I agree with you being stuck in my house for 2 days was not fun. I d...
(Quote) Mary-814080 said:

Nilda as a fellow nutmegger, I agree with you being stuck in my house for 2 days was not fun. I did get a deck cleared before the condo association plowed my walk. I love having 4 seasons, but would like to spend the winter months away from here. I have a few years before I can retire & I am seriously considering moving to a western warm climate and coming back here for the other 3 seasons...
--hide--

Feb 13th 2013 new

(Quote) Mary-814080 said: Nilda as a fellow nutmegger, I agree with you being stuck in my house for 2 days was not fun. I d...
(Quote) Mary-814080 said:

--hide--
Hello, neighbor. Yes. We finally got our street cleaned and I am a happy camper. I lived in a condo years ago and thought if I stay in CT, I'll consider living in one again. Let's face it, I'm not in my twenties anymore. Having a secondary home in a warm climate is great. Sounds like a good idea... I hear we're getting another storm. We'll need to brace for it. rolling eyes

Feb 13th 2013 new

I have always belived that unless there are minor children nearby that need both parents in proximity, anyone can relocate.. Even if there is an elderly parent involved. Not wanting to relocate is the issue.. If one is offered a new and fabulous job opportunity, one would relocate in a split second.. So why not for a new spouse?

Feb 13th 2013 new

(Quote) Donna-83441 said: I have always belived that unless there are minor children nearby that need both parents in proxim...
(Quote) Donna-83441 said:

I have always belived that unless there are minor children nearby that need both parents in proximity, anyone can relocate.. Even if there is an elderly parent involved. Not wanting to relocate is the issue.. If one is offered a new and fabulous job opportunity, one would relocate in a split second.. So why not for a new spouse?

--hide--

I would relocate!

I wonder in general, Who does the most relocating, the man or the woman?

Feb 13th 2013 new

You're so right Donna. Most of the time it would be "Am I willing to make that move?" There would be enough changes involved within one's country and so many more issues if it were to be a move to another country. Can it be done? As you stated, usually "yes".
Mary

Posts 41 - 50 of 60