Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Feb 13th 2013 new

It seems to me that women don't like intelligent men because they find such men as know it all's.

Feb 13th 2013 new
(Quote) John-202956 said: It seems to me that women don't like intelligent men because they find such men as know it all's.
(Quote) John-202956 said:

It seems to me that women don't like intelligent men because they find such men as know it all's.

--hide--

Maybe gentlemen prefer blonds; however, intelligent women prefer intelligent men.
Feb 14th 2013 new

Just because a woman is independent and self-sufficient doesn't mean she is a "feminist."

We see through guys who use "feminism" as an excuse for being cheap and inconsiderate. crazy

Feb 14th 2013 new

(Quote) Katherine-868943 said: I wish I knew how to dress like Brian suggests - other than losing another 200 pounds or lear...
(Quote) Katherine-868943 said:

I wish I knew how to dress like Brian suggests - other than losing another 200 pounds or learning to sew, I am not sure it's possible. Modest isn't the problem, but fashionable is. You see, fashionable in Texas for some places includes cowboy hats and rhinestones or sequins, possibly even feathers. Black tie functions mean you wear black jeans, black boots, and a black hat with your tux shirt and the jacket better be Tombstone cut.

:) Messing with you, but seriously, I wish men knew how insecure statements about female appearance make women. I have lots of days when I feel like I shouldn't be allowed out of the house unless I'm going to consent to wear a burka.

--hide--

i wonder if they could make a sexy looking burka.....

Feb 14th 2013 new

(Quote) Mary-583970 said: I agree all of that's important, but I believe attractiveness can grow between people-...
(Quote) Mary-583970 said:

I agree all of that's important, but I believe attractiveness can grow between people- maybe it's a girl thing, but I see people as package deals, I have seen far too many very successful arranged marriages to believe otherwise. Most guys I meet have to have "Spark" instant physical attraction.. My ex taught me that one , he said he'd never been attracted to me, tried to be, but wasn't. Said he only would be if I lost more weight for him (I'd already lost 30lbs for him). I called BS; after 2 years if it's not there, it's not there...

I gotta say, "emotional" changes over time, too. I used to be called "emotionally inept" I was the least clingy girlfriend you could have, always had my cool about me and could put a man in his place if he disrespected me; something like what my ex put me through can devastate a person- it wrecked me and made me seek constant validation, crying at the drop of a hat etc. Being emotional could just be a phase is all I'm saying. As I've heard, "everyone comes with baggage, find someone who loves you enough to help you unpack"

--hide--

You were asking if men value looks - I told you that we do. I don't necessarily disagree with anything you said. But, there is reason why the pretty girls get dates and the not so pretty/ or the ones with a few extra pounds don't. Is that fair or right? Probably not - but that is the way that it is.

Feb 14th 2013 new

(Quote) Patrick-341178 said: You were asking if men value looks - I told you that we do. I don't necessarily...
(Quote) Patrick-341178 said:

You were asking if men value looks - I told you that we do. I don't necessarily disagree with anything you said. But, there is reason why the pretty girls get dates and the not so pretty/ or the ones with a few extra pounds don't. Is that fair or right? Probably not - but that is the way that it is.

--hide--

I didn't ask anything at all, where did you get that impression?

Feb 14th 2013 new

(Quote) Mary-583970 said: I wish I knew how much men truly value looks, and how they (tend to) think it's better to hide...

I wish I knew how much men truly value looks, and how they (tend to) think it's better to hide the truth if it'll hurt someone they care about :/

I wish men knew that it's better to not hide anything because oftentimes the act of hiding it or lying is more upsetting than whatever it was. I caught my dad telling my ex if he ever cheated on me to not tell me, just don't let it happen again. Neither understood why that upset me! If that were the case and he told me, we'd work through it- lie and I find out about it? Far FAR worse. Little things, too. Don't like my dinner? Tell me so I can make it better. Don't tell me you love it so I keep making it and eventually feel like an idiot when I find out you hate it...even if it's meant to spare feelings, being lied to and finding out about it feels cruel and heartbreaking (to me, anyhow)

--hide--

This is where I got that impression.....

Feb 14th 2013 new

(Quote) Patrick-341178 said: This is where I got that impression.....
(Quote) Patrick-341178 said:

This is where I got that impression.....

--hide--

Which was an answer to the OP: "What's one thing YOU wish you had known a bit earlier about the opposite sex?"

But now I can add: I wish I knew that men don't read to the end of anything a woman writes.

Feb 14th 2013 new

(Quote) Justin-32820 said: ...but normally this is a sign of immaturity at best or at worst they are just superficial. Eithe...
(Quote) Justin-32820 said:

...but normally this is a sign of immaturity at best or at worst they are just superficial. Either way they are not men you want to be tied to in the long run.

--hide--

Nice POV, Justin, I'm just not sure most guys are honest about the looks thing when they start dating. I mean, I've only had 2 people tell me "Sorry, I'm not attracted to you" and that's okay! Most guys I've met are interested only in sex, so when I say no, I always end up "one of the guys" as much as I try to make them see the package deal- like, I'll get into the game with them, play darts at the bar, suggest we take our cars to the race track or our firearms to the range, don't need any help with changing a tire (or an engine), and will call them out on their BS (as needed). It's my way of flirting wink I thought guys wanted a girl they can be best friends with, but every single dang time- cfompletely friendzoned for no sex, and they always say it's because I'm "no longer attractive" since I turn them down for sex, and became "one'a the guys" It took me a long time to figure out that my method doesn't really work..so I took to curling my hair and baking things in the shape of hearts rolling eyes

Feb 14th 2013 new

(Quote) Mary-583970 said: It took me a long time to figure out that my method doesn't really work..so I took to ...

It took me a long time to figure out that my method doesn't really work..so I took to curling my hair and baking things in the shape of hearts

--hide--

Sorry to hear that you feel like you can't be yourself around the guys, Mary. My view is that if they don't like you for who you are, then they aren't the one for you anyway. I mean, do you really want to end up with a guy who doesn't appreciate you for who you really are? That doesn't sound like love to me. Just my two cents

God bless,
Steve

Posts 41 - 50 of 103