Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of prayer life, posting prayers of the Church and prayer requests.

Saint Jude is the patron saint of lost causes and desperate situations.
Learn more: Saint Jude

Mar 3rd 2013 new
A great idea but not possible with work.
Mar 3rd 2013 new

Thank you Heavenly Father for saving Our Dear One Patricia from this wreckless driver. I truly believe Jesus and the Father and the Holy Spirit and your Guardian Angel and maybe more! guarded you and saved you from this driver. I am grateful for your life Patricia! PRAISE GOD! Sunrise theheart Praying Praying prayers of Thanksgiving for your life and the blessing you are to us here and to me as my good friend! I PRAISE GOD!!!

Mar 3rd 2013 new

(Quote) Cindy-681844 said: A great idea but not possible with work.
(Quote) Cindy-681844 said: A great idea but not possible with work.
--hide--

It's too bad that you can't make daily Mass because of work, Cindy, but perhaps you would be interested in reading the daily Gospel readings during Lent. There are a couple links to various sites on the internet that provide the daily readings scattered throughout this thread. It only takes a few minutes to do the daily readings, and they are so wonderful to meditate on as we have a minute here or there during the day!Praying

Mar 3rd 2013 new

(Quote) Marian-83994 said: Thank you Heavenly Father for saving Our Dear One Patricia from this wreckless driver. I truly be...
(Quote) Marian-83994 said:

Thank you Heavenly Father for saving Our Dear One Patricia from this wreckless driver. I truly believe Jesus and the Father and the Holy Spirit and your Guardian Angel and maybe more! guarded you and saved you from this driver. I am grateful for your life Patricia! PRAISE GOD! Praying prayers of Thanksgiving for your life and the blessing you are to us here and to me as my good friend! I PRAISE GOD!!!

--hide--

And, I also thank God for my friends on CM (and you know who you arehug ), both old and new, and also all of you in this thread who have made this committment to join together during Lent to go to daily Mass (as you are able) or do the daily readings.rose theheart

Mar 3rd 2013 new

Hi Pat, I cannot make the daily Mass but certainly will make it to Mass more often during the Lenten season. It is a great idea and everyone should try to make Mass more often. Several years ago I decided to start daily bible readings and never stopped. That is the trouble with getting closer to God, when you start you just cannot stop biggrin. If you cannot make Mass EWTN broadcast the Mass from this link: www.ewtn.com. Also daily bible readings are available on this link: www.usccb.org. Blessed Holy Easter to all!

Mar 3rd 2013 new

Thank you, Tricia's Guardian Angel, for watching over her. Praying

We need her safe to keep us praying and encouraging us to enjoy the wonders of daily Mass, and for her level headed and good advise here on the Fora. clap

Mari

Mar 3rd 2013 new

OK, I am sure this is post I was to read. Agree that more should be done to get dangrous drivers off the road and most epecially drivers that have no regard for lives they endanger. I am lost as to why the police will not look into this matter more. Ticketing the driver after he has hit and killed you is useless especially when it could be avoided by removing this driver before he kills someone.

No doubt God was with you this morning. You cannot minimize how God looks after us and keeps us safe in the face of grave danger. Will thank him for watching over and keeping you safe. Pray you are OK, this was not a pleasant experience. As I think of this incident I wonder why a driver on Sunday, while you were on way to Mass, and he missed. Sounds like satan at work. He will do all to prevent you from attending Mass and scare you away. Seems he failed on all counts so celebrate the victory!

Mar 4th 2013 new

(Quote) Joe-948763 said: Hi Pat, I cannot make the daily Mass but certainly will make it to Mass more often during the Lente...
(Quote) Joe-948763 said:

Hi Pat, I cannot make the daily Mass but certainly will make it to Mass more often during the Lenten season. It is a great idea and everyone should try to make Mass more often. Several years ago I decided to start daily bible readings and never stopped. That is the trouble with getting closer to God, when you start you just cannot stop . If you cannot make Mass EWTN broadcast the Mass from this link: www.ewtn.com. Also daily bible readings are available on this link: www.usccb.org. Blessed Holy Easter to all!

--hide--

Hi Joewave . Thank you for joining us in going to Daily Mass (or as often as you can) and doing the daily readings. And, a special thank you for posting the links to the readings and EWTN (for their daily Masses)!theheart

Mar 4th 2013 new

(Quote) Joe-948763 said: OK, I am sure this is post I was to read. Agree that more should be done to get dangrous drivers of...
(Quote) Joe-948763 said:

OK, I am sure this is post I was to read. Agree that more should be done to get dangrous drivers off the road and most epecially drivers that have no regard for lives they endanger. I am lost as to why the police will not look into this matter more. Ticketing the driver after he has hit and killed you is useless especially when it could be avoided by removing this driver before he kills someone.

No doubt God was with you this morning. You cannot minimize how God looks after us and keeps us safe in the face of grave danger. Will thank him for watching over and keeping you safe. Pray you are OK, this was not a pleasant experience. As I think of this incident I wonder why a driver on Sunday, while you were on way to Mass, and he missed. Sounds like satan at work. He will do all to prevent you from attending Mass and scare you away. Seems he failed on all counts so celebrate the victory

--hide--

Yes, thank you, Joe, for your prayers of Thanksgiving to God for keeping me safe.hug

Praise Jesus!Praying

And, yes, of course as we grow in holiness by attending daily Mass or doing our daily readings or other works of prayer or charity, it brings us closer to Jesus. (And, I'm sure you-know-who is NOT happy about that!) But we have Christ and Mary and the Holy Spirit and St. Michael the Archangel and our Guardian angel(s) and all the other angels to protect us and the saints and the doctors and fathers of the Church and the martyrs of the church to intercede on our behalf - and even the lost souls in Purgatory to pray for us (so why not offer up a Mass for them)!

And, of course Blessed John Paul II (or is it Saint now?) said over and over and over, BE NOT AFRAID!!! (And, of course, one of my favorite saints, St. Teresa of Avila, when she was wakened at night by the devil standing by her bed would just laugh at him dismissively saying "Oh, it's just you" and turn over and go to sleep, knowing that she had Christ by her side who had more power than satan. )

So, yes, I underwent an unpleasant experience yesterday morning, but I walked to 8AM Mass today past the same intersection and thanked Christ for keeping me alive! Praise be to God!!!theheart Praying rose

Mar 4th 2013 new

(Quote) Mari-894290 said: Thank you, Tricia's Guardian Angel, for watching over her. We need her safe to keep us ...
(Quote) Mari-894290 said:

Thank you, Tricia's Guardian Angel, for watching over her.

We need her safe to keep us praying and encouraging us to enjoy the wonders of daily Mass, and for her level headed and good advise here on the Fora.

Mari

--hide--

Hi Mari, wave and thank you for your prayers! I know you are joining us for daily Mass and/or readings and so it is so good to have you back on Catholic Match to share out prayer community here!hug

Posts 111 - 120 of 150