Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of prayer life, posting prayers of the Church and prayer requests.

Saint Jude is the patron saint of lost causes and desperate situations.
Learn more: Saint Jude

02/13/2013 new

(Quote) Andrea-864455 said: This is something I try to do anyway...so count me in!
(Quote) Andrea-864455 said:

This is something I try to do anyway...so count me in!

--hide--

Wonderful, Andrea. Thank you for joining us as a CM community to support each other in going to daily Mass during Lent.

02/13/2013 new

I hope everyone has the opportunity today to start Lent with Mass and Ashes today or to start the Mass Readings for Lent on this Ash Wednesday!Praying rose theheart

02/14/2013 new

Happy St. Valentine's day to all of those who have committed to daily Mass (or as often as they can) or doing the daily Readings during the 40 Days of Lent. I keep all of you in my prayers!theheart theheart theheart

02/14/2013 new

(Quote) Patricia-29176 said: Happy St. Valentine's day to all of those who have committed to daily Mass (or as often as ...
(Quote) Patricia-29176 said:

Happy St. Valentine's day to all of those who have committed to daily Mass (or as often as they can) or doing the daily Readings during the 40 Days of Lent. I keep all of you in my prayers!

--hide--

I don't know if any of you are Facebookers, but the Archdiocese of New York as a "Year of Faith" Facebook page. Here is today's post about attaining a level of surety in our faith. Let us attain a deepening of our faith in the Lenten season.

"The ashes have probably worn off by now. Hopefully the reason for them has not. In the first reading today Moses challenges his people to "Choose life". Jesus in the Gospel desires that we take up our cross as the means by which we choose to embrace eternal life. The first reading can certainly be read as a warning to all that those who have chosen to ignore the wisdom of God are headed for self-destruction. Can we not see that. Are those who espouse the autonomy of man truly happy sorts. Do they not try to our shout those who recognize God's authority as if volume makes truth? It saddens me a great deal to see many of my fellow human beings so unhappy. They are lonely and do not enjoy the reality of believers who have God walking with them. Unhappy too are those fair weather believers who abandon the truth when they encounter a trial or tribulation. A friend had once lost her spouse too early in life. Additionally, she was caring for a mother and a sister who needed her. She always wanted a child and now her husband was gone. When I say her I expected rage and recrimination against God. Instead she said: "How good God is. He did not give me a child for he knew that he would take may husband an I could not reaise the child by myself." The cross she received became the instrument of deeper faith. May we all someday reach that level of surety."

02/14/2013 new

(Quote) Stephanie-450440 said: I don't know if any of you are Facebookers, but the Archdiocese of New ...
(Quote) Stephanie-450440 said:

I don't know if any of you are Facebookers, but the Archdiocese of New York as a "Year of Faith" Facebook page. Here is today's post about attaining a level of surety in our faith. Let us attain a deepening of our faith in the Lenten season.

"The ashes have probably worn off by now. Hopefully the reason for them has not. In the first reading today Moses challenges his people to "Choose life". Jesus in the Gospel desires that we take up our cross as the means by which we choose to embrace eternal life. The first reading can certainly be read as a warning to all that those who have chosen to ignore the wisdom of God are headed for self-destruction. Can we not see that. Are those who espouse the autonomy of man truly happy sorts. Do they not try to our shout those who recognize God's authority as if volume makes truth? It saddens me a great deal to see many of my fellow human beings so unhappy. They are lonely and do not enjoy the reality of believers who have God walking with them. Unhappy too are those fair weather believers who abandon the truth when they encounter a trial or tribulation. A friend had once lost her spouse too early in life. Additionally, she was caring for a mother and a sister who needed her. She always wanted a child and now her husband was gone. When I say her I expected rage and recrimination against God. Instead she said: "How good God is. He did not give me a child for he knew that he would take may husband an I could not reaise the child by myself." The cross she received became the instrument of deeper faith. May we all someday reach that level of surety."

--hide--

Profound posting, Stephanie! Thank you for sharing this with us (especially those of us not on Facebook - like me!)

02/14/2013 new

I will try:) Made it yesterday and today so far:) I am doing the 54 day novena and it's nice to say it right there after mass lifting all my CM community up in prayer Praying I like the idea that if you miss to at least do the readings.
Holy Spirit give us grace and strength to dedicate these next 40 days to the Eucharist. theheart

02/14/2013 new
Well it's worth a shot! As long as I don't have to give up coffee! :)
02/14/2013 new

(Quote) Laura-56149 said: I will try:) Made it yesterday and today so far:) I am doing the 54 day novena and it's nice t...
(Quote) Laura-56149 said:

I will try:) Made it yesterday and today so far:) I am doing the 54 day novena and it's nice to say it right there after mass lifting all my CM community up in prayer I like the idea that if you miss to at least do the readings.
Holy Spirit give us grace and strength to dedicate these next 40 days to the Eucharist.

--hide--

Wonderful, Laura, I'm so glad you are joining us (in addition to doing the 54 day novena!) during these 40 days of Lent.

02/14/2013 new

(Quote) Bob-836898 said: Well it's worth a shot! As long as I don't have to give up coffee! :)
(Quote) Bob-836898 said: Well it's worth a shot! As long as I don't have to give up coffee! :)
--hide--

Hi Bob, and welcome to the forums! Thanks for joining us in going to Lenten daily Mass. And, I suspect God wouldn't mind if you drank as much coffee as you want or needbiggrin .

02/14/2013 new

I have started to attend daily Mass and I know I would benefit by doing it through Lent and maybe even beyond. It will be nice to know that we are doing it together..... Who can even imagine all the graces and benefits. I am in.
Jean

Posts 51 - 60 of 150