Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of prayer life, posting prayers of the Church and prayer requests.

Saint Jude is the patron saint of lost causes and desperate situations.
Learn more: Saint Jude

Feb 18th 2013 new

Day 6 of our Daily Masses for the 40 Days of Lent (or of Daily Readings). I hope everyone is enjoying going to Mass and/or doing the daily Readings!wave

Feb 18th 2013 new

Thanks Patricia for the suggestion about reading scriptures of the Mass every daybiggrin

Feb 18th 2013 new

(Quote) Peter-356811 said: Thanks Patricia for the suggestion about reading scriptures of the Mass every day
(Quote) Peter-356811 said:

Thanks Patricia for the suggestion about reading scriptures of the Mass every day

--hide--

You're welcome, Peter.biggrin The priest that motivated me to start Daily Mass in his sermon, suggested that if you can't make it to daily Mass, then the next best thing is to do the daily Readings (which everyone could do now as they are widely available on the net - see prior postings in this thread for links and sites).

Feb 20th 2013 new

Today we've been going to Daily Mass for a week! But, it's not too late for anyone else on CM to join us in going to Daily Mass during Lent and/or doing the Daily Readings.biggrin

Feb 20th 2013 new

Patricia,

I just saw your post and I had already made the commitment prior to Ash Wednesday to attend Mass everyday. There are times when I'm able to go to daily Mass but have not been doing so recently. I find myself in a deeply Spiritual place when I attend Daily Mass for a long stretch of time and would be a very good thing for me to start again. The only thing is that people notice a difference in me and ask if something is wrong and of course there is not, it's just that I'm so much closer to The Trinity and Our Blessed Virgin and become very introspective. This site as well as other activities pull me away from this Spiritual place.

theheart

Feb 20th 2013 new

(Quote) Eloise-899090 said: Patricia,I just saw your post and I had already made the commitment prior to Ash Wednesd...
(Quote) Eloise-899090 said:

Patricia,

I just saw your post and I had already made the commitment prior to Ash Wednesday to attend Mass everyday. There are times when I'm able to go to daily Mass but have not been doing so recently. I find myself in a deeply Spiritual place when I attend Daily Mass for a long stretch of time and would be a very good thing for me to start again. The only thing is that people notice a difference in me and ask if something is wrong and of course there is not, it's just that I'm so much closer to The Trinity and Our Blessed Virgin and become very introspective. This site as well as other activities pull me away from this Spiritual place.

--hide--

Wonderful, Eloise, that you are going to daily Mass with us for the 40 Days of Lent!biggrin I would hope, though, since this is a Catholic site that it would work to bring you closer to Christ!theheart

Feb 22nd 2013 new

Well, we in Chicago went through the bad winter storm last night, but it stopped by this morning so that I was able to still get to Mass today. Thanks be to God! I hope those of you where this storm is heading - East - will not be hit too hard and so might still be able to get to Mass. But, if not, you can always watch it on EWTN!Praying

Feb 24th 2013 new

So here we are on the Second Sunday of Lent. I hope everyone is able to make their daily commitment, whether it be going to Daily Mass or watching Daily Mass on EWTN, or reading the Daily Readings! It is so important that we spend this Lent with Christ and grow in His Grace - especially with the changes that will be taking place in our Church with Pope Benedict resigning, the Cardinals meeting in Conclave to choose a new Pope, and many other issues going on with the Church and with our country. Let us be an example of what a devout Christian/Catholic is - for ourselves, for our relatives, for our neighbors, for our coworkers, and for those especially who may come closer to Christ through our example and prayer! theheart Praying rose

Feb 25th 2013 new

I am praying that those of us in the Midwest who are being hit by bad winter storms today and tomorrow and the day after, may still keep our commitment either by going to daily Mass (when it is safe to do so) or watching the Mass on EWTN or doing the daily Readings.Praying

Feb 27th 2013 new

(Quote) Patricia-29176 said: I am praying that those of us in the Midwest who are being hit by bad winter storms today and t...
(Quote) Patricia-29176 said:

I am praying that those of us in the Midwest who are being hit by bad winter storms today and tomorrow and the day after, may still keep our commitment either by going to daily Mass (when it is safe to do so) or watching the Mass on EWTN or doing the daily Readings.

--hide--

This past weekend was the first one in a month that we haven't been hit with a bad storm and I was able to travel to visit family, which doesn't happen often for me :) Hopefully everyone in other areas are staying safe throughout bad weather. I've been able to watch Mass every day so far; I missed once when I was travelling, but thankfully with the internet you can watch anytime so I was able to watch it later and get caught up :) Praying everyone is doing well during Lent and finding fulfillment in the practices added and sacrifices made during the season. Praying rosary theheart

Posts 91 - 100 of 150