Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

For Valentine's Day. I love my self. I love that I am stronger than I even gave myself credit for (and who ever wanted to know) and that I have faith that sustains me in my darkest hours. I love that I have five children, a bonus daughter, and a grandson that makes Grandma Sasha smile! I love that my legs are strong and that my heart is even stronger. Finally, I love that I know how to give my heart and how to be a good friend. TAG--your turn. What do you love about yourself? No modesty. I never recognized my own strengths and gifts until Phil died. WE all have them. As for me, you are my heart. If nobody else tells you, you are loved and you are important--at least to me. XXOO

Feb 10th 2013 new
(Quote) Linda-756196 said: For Valentine's Day. I love my self. I love that I am stronger than I even gave myself credit for (an...
(Quote) Linda-756196 said:

For Valentine's Day. I love my self. I love that I am stronger than I even gave myself credit for (and who ever wanted to know) and that I have faith that sustains me in my darkest hours. I love that I have five children, a bonus daughter, and a grandson that makes Grandma Sasha smile! I love that my legs are strong and that my heart is even stronger. Finally, I love that I know how to give my heart and how to be a good friend. TAG--your turn. What do you love about yourself? No modesty. I never recognized my own strengths and gifts until Phil died. WE all have them. As for me, you are my heart. If nobody else tells you, you are loved and you are important--at least to me. XXOO

--hide--
Linda,my sister always tells me your last line, that I am thought of and that I am loved. There is a radio station here and Colleen is the host and every sight off, she says God loves you and so do I. Don't forget that. My strengths are that I am stubborn and a fighter for the voiceless. I am not so prideful that I will not ask for help (that was a hard learned lesson that I have turned into a strength). I lean on God for His strength to bolster mine everyday.Thank you for the reminder that I am strong Eileen
Feb 10th 2013 new

Eileen, in a short time on CM I've already seen that you are also a peace maker.

Feb 10th 2013 new

I love that I can get along with just about anyone. And I love that I never want to let someone down.

Feb 10th 2013 new

Thank you Linda for this TAG! I love that I have care, concern and love for others. I'm a prayer warrior and I desire to bring some amount of peace to this world, however small that may be. I love that I have a God given faith and the strength and wherewithall to raise my children on my own.

Feb 10th 2013 new

I love that I am a peacemaker and a good listener. I also love that I'm truly interested in meeting new friends and finding out about their culture, their hopes and dreams. I love that I'm never rude or a trouble maker and that I look for the good in everyone. I always try to make others feel good about themselves and if I must set a boundary with someone, that I do it with love and concern.

Feb 10th 2013 new

(Quote) Linda-756196 said: For Valentine's Day. I love my self. I love that I am stronger than I even gave myself ...
(Quote) Linda-756196 said:

--hide--

I love that I have the ability to love and be loved. I love most of my physical features (even my crooked toe) because I see them as gifts. "You are wonderfully, fearfully made..." I love who I am because of the God who made me. Because He loves me, I love Him, and therefore I can love myself and others. I love my persistence, my sense of hope, my foundation of joy.

Tag - you're it!

Feb 11th 2013 new

I am proud that I am a survivor. My husband left me with lots of problems to clean up when he died. I survived and became a stronger woman than I was before. I am proud that I was able to go back to school and get accepted into a radiology program and that while doing so I maintained a 4.0 average. I like that I can get along with people of all ages. I also lilke that I can laugh at myself and makes others laugh. I like that I am kind to animals and try to treat people the way I would like them to treat me.

Feb 11th 2013 new

(Quote) Lois-880877 said: I am proud that I am a survivor. My husband left me with lots of problems to clean up when he died...
(Quote) Lois-880877 said:

I am proud that I am a survivor. My husband left me with lots of problems to clean up when he died. I survived and became a stronger woman than I was before. I am proud that I was able to go back to school and get accepted into a radiology program and that while doing so I maintained a 4.0 average. I like that I can get along with people of all ages. I also lilke that I can laugh at myself and makes others laugh. I like that I am kind to animals and try to treat people the way I would like them to treat me.

--hide--

Lois, I am proud of you. You are rocking it and taking no prisoners. If nobody else tells you this week, you are loved and you matter. Standing with you, sister.

Feb 12th 2013 new

I love that God has given me so much patience and tenacity.

When I graduated college, I was a broken mess. Somewhat literally, because I'd busted my leg badly and had just gotten out of a wheelchair after two surgeries. My career prospects were shattered, and I had no idea what to do with a Literature degree.

But through hard work and tenacity, I lost 65 pounds in that first year out. I became a better Catholic. And I learned how to love myself again, so that I could better love others.

Posts 1 - 10 of 11