Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

Feb 14th 2013 new

Happy Birthday & Happy Valentine's Day, Shara Happy Birthday! cupid!

Feb 14th 2013 new

(Quote) Melanie-909576 said: that touching the host with our tongue to dislodge it from the roof of our mouths
(Quote) Melanie-909576 said:

that touching the host with our tongue to dislodge it from the roof of our mouths was an example of a NON mortal sin.

AHHHH Love it!

--hide--

FIRST POST ALERT! Welcome to the forums, Melanie! wave

Feb 14th 2013 new

I had that same image when there was a thunder storm.

Feb 14th 2013 new

imagery of God bowling with angels

Feb 14th 2013 new

When I was 4 my church had an event where everyone went bowling. I was too young to bowl and our priest felt bad so he gave me a roll of quarters! In awe I excitedly I ran to my mother and exclaimed, "Mommy! God gave me money!"

Feb 15th 2013 new

(Quote) Shara-929649 said: Mine was that I thought that God was the one ringing the bell during concecration. It was not unt...
(Quote) Shara-929649 said:

Mine was that I thought that God was the one ringing the bell during concecration. It was not until one day when I was about 6 or 7 ( yep I know that is late but at least I did not still believe in Santa Claus ) and one of the acolytes fell over during concecration and I saw the bell in his hand that I was dispelled of this thought. The loss of my innocence. I had always been amazed by that small feat and it was one of the ways that I knew that God was real because afterall he had to be real if he had angels ringing bells in mass. What is a silly thing that you believed about God when you were small. Like my 8 year old daughter always says, "God can do anything Mummy".

--hide--

Mostly it was misunderstanding the words in mass and the prayers.

When I was really small, I used to think that Jesus must have liked to play dominoes because that word kept popping up throughout the Mass (Dominus). The Mass shifted to the vernacular around the time I was in first grade and the domioes set was removed from the sanctuary.

While preparing for First Communion and my first Confesison, I was appalled by the opening words of the Act of Contrititon: "O my God, I am heartily sorry for having offended thee . . .". The sisters who were praparing us made us stand and recite the Act before we went to confession so they knew we had it down right. When my turn came, I omitted the word "heartily".

The good sister tried to correct me but I refused to say it. She finally asked "What is the reason for this terrible obstinance of yours David?" I replied "Because I'm VERY sorry, not hardly sorry!" (This is what I thought the word was.) She burst into laughter, walked over, and gave me a huge hug and said that God must be very pleased with me for feeling this way and that I may have just expressed, in my 7-year old heart, a form of perfect contritition.

She then explained the difference between the two words. Wrote both on the chalk board so we could see the difference. She asked how many others had thought the same thing and quite a few little hands went up. When they marched us into Chruch, the nun whispered to the friars who were waiting to hear our confessions then pointed at me. They broke into wide grins. i cannot describe the feeling of joy that filled me as I walked out of that confessional as clean as on the morning of my baptism.

theheart Even now, nearly 45 years later, as I remember this my eyes fill with tears. God is soooo good to us. How he loves us!

Feb 15th 2013 new

Not so much God, but I thought Heaven was a giant open courtyard full of shells.

I had gotten souls and shells mixed up.

However, I did "show off" to God a lot when I was a kid. Such as "Hey God, watch me jump out of this tree and land on that pile of wood, I'm really good at it now!" I had been told God was always watching so I knew he was going to see my impressive childhood stuntwork!

Feb 16th 2013 new

I got a cute one! heart

When I was a little girl...I always thought that God (our Heavenly Father) was married to Mother Nature. laughing gardener

Feb 16th 2013 new

(Quote) Susan-898689 said: I got a cute one! When I was a little girl...I always thought that God (our Heavenly Fath...
(Quote) Susan-898689 said:

I got a cute one!

When I was a little girl...I always thought that God (our Heavenly Father) was married to Mother Nature.

--hide--

laughing laughing laughing

Feb 16th 2013 new

(Quote) David-364112 said: Mostly it was misunderstanding the words in mass and the prayers. When I ...
(Quote) David-364112 said:

Mostly it was misunderstanding the words in mass and the prayers.

When I was really small, I used to think that Jesus must have liked to play dominoes because that word kept popping up throughout the Mass (Dominus). The Mass shifted to the vernacular around the time I was in first grade and the domioes set was removed from the sanctuary.

While preparing for First Communion and my first Confesison, I was appalled by the opening words of the Act of Contrititon: "O my God, I am heartily sorry for having offended thee . . .". The sisters who were praparing us made us stand and recite the Act before we went to confession so they knew we had it down right. When my turn came, I omitted the word "heartily".

The good sister tried to correct me but I refused to say it. She finally asked "What is the reason for this terrible obstinance of yours David?" I replied "Because I'm VERY sorry, not hardly sorry!" (This is what I thought the word was.) She burst into laughter, walked over, and gave me a huge hug and said that God must be very pleased with me for feeling this way and that I may have just expressed, in my 7-year old heart, a form of perfect contritition.

She then explained the difference between the two words. Wrote both on the chalk board so we could see the difference. She asked how many others had thought the same thing and quite a few little hands went up. When they marched us into Chruch, the nun whispered to the friars who were waiting to hear our confessions then pointed at me. They broke into wide grins. i cannot describe the feeling of joy that filled me as I walked out of that confessional as clean as on the morning of my baptism.

Even now, nearly 45 years later, as I remember this my eyes fill with tears. God is soooo good to us. How he loves us!

--hide--

That is truly beautiful David.

Posts 11 - 20 of 20