Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

02/11/2013 new

(Quote) Edward-4511 said: www.foxnews.com
--hide--
Wow, first time in 600 years. Big news!

02/11/2013 new

--hide--

Yes, Edward. I have heard many people say he was pretty sick over the years. I think even on CM
they mentioned it. Maybe he is sicker than we think.

02/11/2013 new

Ambassador Ray Flynn Talks About Pope
www.breitbart.com

02/11/2013 new

Exciting to think of who the next pope will be, but praying for our dear Holy Father. It seems like he must be quite sick.

02/11/2013 new

"To one who has faith, no explanation is necessary. To one without faith, no explanation is possible."

Thomas Aquinas

02/11/2013 new

(Quote) Brian-252799 said: Ambassador Ray Flynn Talks About Pope www.breitbart.com.
(Quote) Brian-252799 said:

Ambassador Ray Flynn Talks About Pope
www.breitbart.com

--hide--

Thank you for this, Brian. It helps to get some insight.

02/11/2013 new

(Quote) Rebecca-727981 said: Exciting to think of who the next pope will be, but praying for our dear Holy Father. It seems ...
(Quote) Rebecca-727981 said:

Exciting to think of who the next pope will be, but praying for our dear Holy Father. It seems like he must be quite sick.

--hide--

The reports are that his health is excellent but that old age has caught with him. He himself said that he feels he does not have the physical or mental energy to execute the office of Pope.

I believe that should be a signal to the College of Cardinals to go for a younger man.

I am waiting for the conspiracy nuts to emerge and spin their wild tales here. They should be amusing.

Just to fuel their fevered minds. If I remember correctly, (is it St. Malachi who supposedly named all the Popes to the end of time) the next Pope will be the last named, meaning the end is here. Oh yes, based on someone else's prophecy, he will select Peter II as his Papal name further signaling the end.

02/11/2013 new

(Quote) Paul-866591 said: The reports are that his health is excellent but that old age has caught with him. He him...
(Quote) Paul-866591 said:

The reports are that his health is excellent but that old age has caught with him. He himself said that he feels he does not have the physical or mental energy to execute the office of Pope.

I believe that should be a signal to the College of Cardinals to go for a younger man.

I am waiting for the conspiracy nuts to emerge and spin their wild tales here. They should be amusing.

Just to fuel their fevered minds. If I remember correctly, (is it St. Malachi who supposedly named all the Popes to the end of time) the next Pope will be the last named, meaning the end is here. Oh yes, based on someone else's prophecy, he will select Peter II as his Papal name further signaling the end.

--hide--

Wow, Paul, that is pretty interesting! I have already had to defend our Pope a few times today. Someone even wanted to know if this was the end of the Catholic Church. It was hard not to chuckle at that one, but sad at the same time. Many prayers needed for our world.

02/12/2013 new

God Bless Pope Benedict XVI and the Cardinals who will choose his successor.

Posts 1 - 10 of 12