Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

02/13/2013 new

Popes Final Mass
news.msn.com

02/14/2013 new
(Quote) Nilda-834707 said: I agree with you and John, Mary. I look at it this way, Is the Holy Father lying? I don't think so, and t...
(Quote) Nilda-834707 said:

I agree with you and John, Mary. I look at it this way, Is the Holy Father lying? I don't think so, and to imply otherwise, would be calling him a liar...

--hide--

Nilda, I didn't call the pope a liar, I was very surprised that he chose to step down. I'm glad he made a decision before he couldn't because of his health.

Jim on the other hand mentioned some conspiracy.

Did you get much snow??? 27 inches in Enfield
02/14/2013 new

Indeed he is tired. Tired from bishops who insist in disobediency. tired from scandals. tired from me a catholic who dont love him and the church as I should. Just to clarify the subject I in theology sometimes means WE and WE sometimes means I. Who has ear to hear let him hear
Lets pray for Our Lord Jesus Christ coming soon to put an end in hipocrisy.

02/14/2013 new

(Quote) Mary-814080 said: Nilda, I didn't call the pope a liar, I was very surprised that he chose to step down. I'...
(Quote) Mary-814080 said:

Nilda, I didn't call the pope a liar, I was very surprised that he chose to step down. I'm glad he made a decision before he couldn't because of his health.

--hide--
Hello, Mary. I didn't mean to single anyone out. I was speaking generally. Since the news broke, I've heard many comments about the Holy Father that really unsettles me. He has given his reason and that is good enough for me. I was surprised as well, but given his health of his condition, and the state of the Church, I think he did the right decision (a hard decision). We as Catholics need to support his decision since he is the wisest Catholic alive. I am puny in comparison -- who am I to comment? We'll leave conspiracy theories to Aliens and Sasquatch believers... theheart

02/14/2013 new

(Quote) Mary-814080 said: Nilda, I didn't call the pope a liar, I was very surprised that he chose to step down. I'...

--hide--
Oh, I forgot, we got about 30 inches with drifts of close to 5 or 6'. You live very close to MA -- how many inches did you get?

Also, there aren't too many CM events going on in our neck of the woods. Perhaps in future we could try and put something together... Just a thought. Let me know what you think. hug

02/14/2013 new

Yes I also am with you I do love him

02/14/2013 new
(Quote) Nilda-834707 said: Oh, I forgot, we got about 30 inches with drifts of close to 5 or 6'. You live very close to MA -- how man...
(Quote) Nilda-834707 said:

Oh, I forgot, we got about 30 inches with drifts of close to 5 or 6'. You live very close to MA -- how many inches did you get?

Also, there aren't too many CM events going on in our neck of the woods. Perhaps in future we could try and put something together... Just a thought. Let me know what you think.

--hide--

You should of saw my roof, it looked like waves frozen on the ocean. I created a 5 ft drift at my front door from shoveling the upper deck to the front porch below. I actually got claustrophobic after I came back downstairs to the mess. Had to dig a small path to the garage where I found that the driveway was not plowed. We got plowed out Saturday night but the sidewalks weren't done until Sunday afternoon. The roads on Monday were horrible here, they are getting better today, how is it in Meriden?
02/14/2013 new

(Quote) Mary-814080 said: You should of saw my roof, it looked like waves frozen on the ocean. I created a 5 ft drift at my...

You should of saw my roof, it looked like waves frozen on the ocean. I created a 5 ft drift at my front door from shoveling the upper deck to the front porch below. I actually got claustrophobic after I came back downstairs to the mess. Had to dig a small path to the garage where I found that the driveway was not plowed. We got plowed out Saturday night but the sidewalks weren't done until Sunday afternoon. The roads on Monday were horrible here, they are getting better today, how is it in Meriden?

--hide--
78 degrees in So. Cal. Shorts and sunglasses. Don't know when an earthquake will show up. God bless the Papacy.

02/15/2013 new

(Quote) Patricia-29176 said: Oh my goodness! I never saw this coming. What on earth is going on? I thought that the ...
(Quote) Patricia-29176 said:

Oh my goodness! I never saw this coming. What on earth is going on? I thought that the Popes stayed in office until they died. Is this truly being done of his own free will or is there gentle or not-so-gentle persuasion going on here? And so, who will be the next Pope?

--hide--

Patrica it has been done before in the 13thCentury. It not of his freewill per say but HIS design. The next Pope will be the one He wants chosen by the Holy Spirit. Cant blame the old boy he is quite unwell, with several dibilitating conditions. Asa doctor yourself you know how difficult illness makes living a normal life let alone a life of the Pope.

Some would argue JPII should have gone well before his death as he was unable to preform his duties, especially in the last 2 years when he missed Easter and Christmas Services. I think the Pope has seen he is able to continue his duties and rather than become a burden to the Church he has decided to let a younger more active man take the Throne of Peter.

Good on him I say enjoy your retirement it is well earned. God Bless you.

We should worry more about praying for the new pope and his Cardinal brothers as they desend upon Rome to chose the next Peter, than who that Peter will be. The Holy Spirit will be present to guide and choose the correct man we need.

02/15/2013 new

(Quote) Pat-5351 said: My prediction for the next Pope is Cardinal Arinze of Africa.
(Quote) Pat-5351 said:

My prediction for the next Pope is Cardinal Arinze of Africa.

--hide--

If history shows us anything it show us the Pope want is never the Pope we get. The Holy Spirit chooses His Pope for His Church because the man is or will be needed to aid the Church.

Posts 61 - 70 of 112