Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

02/15/2013 new
Nilda, it felt like spring this afternoon. rose Its been a long week.
02/16/2013 new

Thank you, Mary. I must be the only guy who buys a birthday cake and asks for "Happy Birthday To Me" on it. laughing

I have enjoyed today, especially some of the nice greetings from the good people, like you, here. Also, my students really were wonderful, writing notes and singing "Happy Birthday" all through the day...made it kinda' tough to teach geometry and algebra after that. So, we "chilled" most of the day. Oh, they want to know, "Can we have a pizza party?" Give 'em an inch and they want a mile!

Not everybody knows this, but kids really present some powerful hope for the world. They are full of love and kindness. JP II knew what he was doing by reaching out to the young. We gotta' keep that up; they can reverse the course, and I see that daily.

Ya hooooo!

02/16/2013 new
(Quote) Tom-919560 said: Thank you, Mary. I must be the only guy who buys a birthday cake and asks for "Happy Birthday To Me" o...
(Quote) Tom-919560 said:

Thank you, Mary. I must be the only guy who buys a birthday cake and asks for "Happy Birthday To Me" on it.

I have enjoyed today, especially some of the nice greetings from the good people, like you, here. Also, my students really were wonderful, writing notes and singing "Happy Birthday" all through the day...made it kinda' tough to teach geometry and algebra after that. So, we "chilled" most of the day. Oh, they want to know, "Can we have a pizza party?" Give 'em an inch and they want a mile!

Not everybody knows this, but kids really present some powerful hope for the world. They are full of love and kindness. JP II knew what he was doing by reaching out to the young. We gotta' keep that up; they can reverse the course, and I see that daily.

Ya hooooo!

--hide--
Happy Birthday Tom. I am happy that your students made your day. It is all about being acknowledged, that you are loved, that you are important and you are. Eileen
02/16/2013 new

(Quote) Thomas-699657 said: I wanted Pope Benedict,when he was Cardinal Ratzinger I just knew he would not have much time to...
(Quote) Thomas-699657 said:

I wanted Pope Benedict,when he was Cardinal Ratzinger I just knew he would not have much time to correct things being abused, because of his age. I will be happy with whom every is chosen this time, as long as he isn't some kind of radical. God Bless Pope Benedict XVI, he will be missed.

--hide--

Define radical? John XXIII, JPII, Pius XI were radicals, the Borgia Popes (Alexander ? and sons) were radicals, as indeed was Peter I. What is radical?

The whole of the Church is built by and for radicals. All I know is the new Pope will not be a Kiwi, as we dont have a Cardinal at the moment. sad New Zealand pope

02/16/2013 new

Breaking News BBC has just anounced the Conclave could be much sooner than March 15 according the the Secretary of the Curia. Watch this space. Cardinal Lombardi is the source

02/16/2013 new

(Quote) Pat-5351 said: Just realized Arinze is 80 himself...didn't realize he was that old. You never know what is going...
(Quote) Pat-5351 said:

Just realized Arinze is 80 himself...didn't realize he was that old. You never know what is going to happen with these things...

I am surprised more people here on CM are not talking about this.

--hide--

This action has wide ramifications. Among them is the fulfillment of several prophecies. One of which I recall was that Jesus said were the time not shorted.... Implication is that He, God, saves more people this way. A few years ago I was involved in the locutions of a mystic. I had one Spiritual Director and took another over that period. Neither met one another or talked to one another, but the advice given was always in complete harmony with one another. One was a Marine Chaplain and I was told he was also a canon lawyer. I knew he had expereince with discerning mystics and had a great devotion to Mary and Jesus. He read the locutions sent to me and said, "There is no doubt this is from God. Do whatever He tells you." I did. It is over. However I once asked the mystic if God ever talked to him about the AntiChrist. "You mean Lord M a it reya?" (I have intentionally added spaces and will refer to this joker as just LM.) I had heard of him when working at Hughes where we trying to find a media for holographic projections. LM had done it on a very grand scale (read great financial assets) in Africa, where somewhere between 5,000 and 10,000 people thought thy had seen him lower from the clouds to appear as their God and amongh other false dieties, the returning Jesus Christ. Point is that this joker has come out publically in 2012. God told the mystic - do you know the immense power of the ocean? Do you know the power of a fly? God is like the ocean execpt more powerful. LM has limited power like the fly. Focus on God. I agree regardless the mystic's validity. Point is that the work of the pope can be intense and requires focus and health perhaps more now than ever in history but the decision for good or bad, love or indifference, is always one of free will. I can not help but think Pope Benedict has seriously considered all possibilities and knows more of his situation than has been published. I trust Jesus Christ Our Lord and God who came long ago and redeemed mankind is STILL in charge of the Catholic Church He established. I suspect we will see fulfillment of St Malachy's prophesy in Peter the Roman becoming the next pope, our last and that following or during his reign, the promise of a new era devoid of jokers like LM. It will be a new era of "1000 years" promised in the bible, one of God and people living the Divine Will as Adam and Eve once did. But, we'll see. Again, all we know for sure is the true Jesus Christ is in charge, letting free will spend itself. I elect to choose Jesus, Mary, His Angels and His Saints. I think the majority of people on this site do also in their own ways. They might wonder as practically all people do about the event of the Pope resigning, but accept it. I do - with surprise and trust in Jesus and Mary.

02/16/2013 new

I am a student of mysticism and prophecy, and the St. Malachy prophecy on the papacy is weighing greatly in my reaction to this news.

If St. Malachy was right, the next pontiff is "Peter the Roman" the last pope:

"112 Peter the Roman, who will nourish the sheep in many tribulations; when they are finished, the city of seven hills will be destroyed, and the dreadful judge will judge his people. The end."

I have always been very "apocryphal" and thought the end times would come in my life time, but that does not mean I am ready for it, and this sort of stuff really gives you pause....

So maybe you are right, and Benedict knows that the time is upon the world to do battle with the evil one, and that he is not up to it, but his successor is.

May God and the Holy Spirit protect us and provide us with a strong shepherd! Praying Praying

02/16/2013 new

(Quote) Pat-5351 said: I am a student of mysticism and prophecy, and the St. Malachy prophecy on the papacy is weighing grea...
(Quote) Pat-5351 said:

I am a student of mysticism and prophecy, and the St. Malachy prophecy on the papacy is weighing greatly in my reaction to this news.

"112 Peter the Roman, who will nourish the sheep in many tribulations; when they are finished, the city of seven hills will be destroyed, and the dreadful judge will judge his people. The end."

I have always been very "apocryphal" and thought the end times would come in my life time, but that does not mean I am ready for it, and this sort of stuff really gives you pause....

So maybe you are right, and Benedict knows that the time is upon the world to do battle with the evil one, and that he is not up to it, but his successor is.

May God and the Holy Spirit protect us and provide us with a strong shepherd!

--hide--

The so called ST. Malachy prophecy is nothing but pure hokum. He never made made them. The whole thing was concocted long after his death.

But it is fun to read the gibberish the media comes up with because of this fraudulent prophesy.

02/16/2013 new
(Quote) Paul-866591 said: The so called ST. Malachy prophecy is nothing but pure hokum. He never made made them. The whole thing w...
(Quote) Paul-866591 said:

The so called ST. Malachy prophecy is nothing but pure hokum. He never made made them. The whole thing was concocted long after his death.

But it is fun to read the gibberish the media comes up with because of this fraudulent prophesy.

--hide--
So if the new pope is Roman then what? I am still astonished that JPII was even elected. Born in eclipsed month and death similar, but most remarkably truly Malachy or prophecy attributed to him, labor of the sun fit him perfectly. how do you explain his phrase or that of his immediate predecessor? The odds make such predictions more than credible. So if Malachy didn't write them, who managed to get it right? Your statements are confusing. Somebody got it right. Why the attack?
02/16/2013 new
(Quote) Pat-5351 said: I am a student of mysticism and prophecy, and the St. Malachy prophecy on the papacy is weighing greatly in my reac...
(Quote) Pat-5351 said:

May God and the Holy Spirit protect us and provide us with a strong shepherd!

--hide--
I fled both mysticism and prophecy for a long time. I was changed by many events witnessed first hand. As a physicist and far more grounded than many in the concrete aspects of life I now am FAR more careful with making judgement. You say you are a student. Is it your conclusion that God seems to be sending many extraordinary things into our time for purpose or are other times the same as our own?
Posts 81 - 90 of 112