Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

Feb 16th 2013 new

Hi everybody,

I'm confused too.
I have learned a lot reading your posts.
I hope and pray that he has a say in choosing and the his successor is a good person that will help us succeed.Praying
There are many necessities every where I look starting with me and my family.
Saludos,wave
Myriam

Feb 17th 2013 new

(Quote) John-875120 said: So if the new pope is Roman then what? I am still astonished that JPII was even elected. Born in eclipsed...
(Quote) John-875120 said: So if the new pope is Roman then what? I am still astonished that JPII was even elected. Born in eclipsed month and death similar, but most remarkably truly Malachy or prophecy attributed to him, labor of the sun fit him perfectly. how do you explain his phrase or that of his immediate predecessor? The odds make such predictions more than credible. So if Malachy didn't write them, who managed to get it right? Your statements are confusing. Somebody got it right. Why the attack?
--hide--

It is always necessary to attack nonsense, especially when it is impacting our faith.

The batting average on the 111 predictions attributed to St Malachy is substantially less than 50 % and that is even after some very tortured reasoning to make a production fit the Pope is is supposed to apply to.

The 112th prediction contained in the so called prophesy, which would apply to the new Pope when he is elected, was added even later. The so called prophecy itself "came to light" even longer after the Saint's death then the 112th after the original prophecy was promulgated.

In short, if you do some research, youi will find that whoever created this nonsense got virtually nothing right. The batting average is even below what pure chance would produce.

Answer a question for me. Why would a rational Catholic give even a remote credence to the fact that someone may have been born on a day when an eclipse occurred and coincidentally dying on an eclipse day.

Feb 17th 2013 new

(Quote) Myriam-344031 said: Hi everybody,I'm confused too.I have learned a lot reading your posts.I hope...
(Quote) Myriam-344031 said:

Hi everybody,

I'm confused too.
I have learned a lot reading your posts.
I hope and pray that he has a say in choosing and the his successor is a good person that will help us succeed.
There are many necessities every where I look starting with me and my family.
Saludos,
Myriam

--hide--

He will not have any direct say in choosing a successor.

However, since the successor will be chosen by the College of Cardinals and the Pope appoints Cardinals, he has already had a say in who will do the choosing.

Feb 17th 2013 new

(Quote) Pat-5351 said: I am a student of mysticism and prophecy, and the St. Malachy prophecy on the papacy is weighing grea...
(Quote) Pat-5351 said:

I am a student of mysticism and prophecy, and the St. Malachy prophecy on the papacy is weighing greatly in my reaction to this news.

If St. Malachy was right, the next pontiff is "Peter the Roman" the last pope:

"112 Peter the Roman, who will nourish the sheep in many tribulations; when they are finished, the city of seven hills will be destroyed, and the dreadful judge will judge his people. The end."

I have always been very "apocryphal" and thought the end times would come in my life time, but that does not mean I am ready for it, and this sort of stuff really gives you pause....

So maybe you are right, and Benedict knows that the time is upon the world to do battle with the evil one, and that he is not up to it, but his successor is.

May God and the Holy Spirit protect us and provide us with a strong shepherd!

--hide--

Come now the Book Of Appocolypse was written for the Jews 2000 years back not for us. Christ Himself "No-one knows the day nor the hour except the Father"

Be of good cheer and strong Faith the Holy Spirit will supply the right man for our needs. Just pray for that man he will need all our prayers

Feb 17th 2013 new

(Quote) John-875120 said: So if the new pope is Roman then what? I am still astonished that JPII was even elected. Born in eclipsed...
(Quote) John-875120 said: So if the new pope is Roman then what? I am still astonished that JPII was even elected. Born in eclipsed month and death similar, but most remarkably truly Malachy or prophecy attributed to him, labor of the sun fit him perfectly. how do you explain his phrase or that of his immediate predecessor? The odds make such predictions more than credible. So if Malachy didn't write them, who managed to get it right? Your statements are confusing. Somebody got it right. Why the attack?
--hide--

Strictly speaking he cant be a Roman because none of the eligible Cardinals were born in Rome. And PeterI was never a Roman citizen, so we have to wait for both parts to become real. And of course there is the small matter of the Diaspera, which has yet to be ended

Feb 17th 2013 new

(Quote) John-336509 said: He will not have any direct say in choosing a successor. However, since the succes...
(Quote) John-336509 said:

He will not have any direct say in choosing a successor.

However, since the successor will be chosen by the College of Cardinals and the Pope appoints Cardinals, he has already had a say in who will do the choosing.

--hide--

He has only appointed 15 or so Cardinals there are 136 eligible Cardinals so thats 10% giving a margin for era as he may have appointed more but 80% at least were appointed before his reign.

Feb 17th 2013 new

(Quote) Patrick-624504 said: He has only appointed 15 or so Cardinals there are 136 eligible Cardinals so thats 10% giving a...
(Quote) Patrick-624504 said:

He has only appointed 15 or so Cardinals there are 136 eligible Cardinals so thats 10% giving a margin for era as he may have appointed more but 80% at least were appointed before his reign.

--hide--

Were any of those still eligible to vote appointed before JPII?

Feb 17th 2013 new

(Quote) Patrick-624504 said: He has only appointed 15 or so Cardinals there are 136 eligible Cardinals so thats 10%...
(Quote) Patrick-624504 said:

--hide--

There are only 116 Cardinals eligible to vote. All of them have been appointed by either Benedict or JPII.

However, there are still a few overly liberal Cardinals that may try to throw their weight around. One of those is the horrible Cardinal Mahoney from the USA who, although being censured by his successor still maintains he is innocent of any wrong doing and lIke both our former Presidents, Carter and Clinton desperately trying to establish a legacy for themselves.

As one of his final acts, it would be great if Benedict ruled Mahoney was ineligible to vote. Or maybe we will get lucky and the LA prosecutor will indict him and have him arrested before he leaves for Rome.

Feb 17th 2013 new

Can't really believe how sharp some folks are being on a thread about the Pope retiring....

There is an interesting book called Petrus Romanus--the Final Pope Here written last year. Check it out if you are interested in this stuff. It reviews all the information, for and against, and you draw your own conclusions.

The titles are not literal...No pope would take the name of Peter...who would have the chutzpah to do that, take the name Peter II? No one. And the Roman could refer to something other than residence.

Cardinal Bertone's second name is Peter...and he was born in Romano Canavase, Italy.

Or Peter could refer to some aspect of what Peter did...like was a fisherman...denied Christ three times...stuff like that. Who knows?

Prophecy is full of metaphor. Jesus always taught in parables. Why did He do that? Let those hear who have the ears to hear it.

Not sure why you think the Book of Revelation is only for the Jews 2000 years ago, but to each his own conclusion.

Scripture instructs us to be wise as serpents, and to question everything. That is what I do--I seek out all kinds of information and knowledge, and then make my own decisions.

My faith is strong; Christ will come again when the Father wills it, and the next pope will be elected, and what will happen will happen. I am just an observer.

Feb 18th 2013 new

(Quote) Pat-5351 said: So maybe you are right, and Benedict knows that the time is upon the world to do battle with ...
(Quote) Pat-5351 said:

So maybe you are right, and Benedict knows that the time is upon the world to do battle with the evil one, and that he is not up to it, but his successor is.

May God and the Holy Spirit protect us and provide us with a strong shepherd!

--hide--
I agree.

Posts 91 - 100 of 112