Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion for anyone who adheres to the Extraordinary form of the mass and any issues related to the practices of Eastern Rite Catholicism.

Saint Athanasius is counted as one of the four Great Doctors of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Athanasius

Feb 19th 2013 new

(Quote) David-364112 said: Not matter what happens, the man newly elected pope walks out of the conclave is GOD...
(Quote) David-364112 said:

Not matter what happens, the man newly elected pope walks out of the conclave is GOD's choice. Whatever cabal or agenda there was simply became a tool in God's hands. We must have faith and trust God.

--hide--

So if corrupt financial aristocrats put a stooge in as pope to make rules suitable for them, God wants that to happen?

Feb 19th 2013 new

(Quote) Sean-851370 said: So if corrupt financial aristocrats put a stooge in as pope to make rules suitable for...
(Quote) Sean-851370 said:

So if corrupt financial aristocrats put a stooge in as pope to make rules suitable for them, God wants that to happen?

--hide--

It's not going to happen. But if it does, their "stooge" will never proclaim error in matters of faith and morals. Where's your faith? TRUST God.

Feb 19th 2013 new

(Quote) Sean-851370 said: So if corrupt financial aristocrats put a stooge in as pope to make rules suitable for...

--hide--

The hierarchy is made up of flawed and imperfect men. But guess what, so were the Apostles. What an unlikely lot Jesus chose to proclaim the Gospel to all the world. Fishermen, a tax collector, some no doubt illiterate. But look what God did through these imperfect and limited men!

Relax. Let God run things. When you travel by air, do you sit there in the cabin frantically doing all you can in your head to keep the plane from crashing to earth, or do you relax and trust the crew to get you where you're going? It's the same with God. We don't have to fix, manage, or control anything. We need only do what God asks of us. The rest will take care of itself. God loves us somuch. We need only return that love and transmit it to others.

Feb 19th 2013 new

(Quote) Sean-851370 said: In my view the real miracle is that the Church still exists after 2000 years. Too much mystical em...

In my view the real miracle is that the Church still exists after 2000 years. Too much mystical emphasis is put on the papacy and the election of a pope. God allows bad men to become popes and bishops because people have free will. Follow God's laws and society and the Church will do well. Make up rules and the Church and society will fall apart. The Church is not falling apart because God wants it to fall apart but rather because people have disobeyed.

--hide--

It's always falling apart and it's always the source of grace and truth and light. Look for the bad and all you'll see is the bad. Ask God, BEG God, to let you see things as he sees them so that you can see the good Church, the eternal Church, the one that's still here, still strong, and still working wonders in the world, despite all the corruption and imperfection of its leaders and members.

Have faith. Be not afraid. He is with us always even to the end of time.

Feb 19th 2013 new

(Quote) David-364112 said: It's not going to happen. But if it does, their "stooge" will never pr...
(Quote) David-364112 said:

It's not going to happen. But if it does, their "stooge" will never proclaim error in matters of faith and morals. Where's your faith? TRUST God.

--hide--

I trust God. I don't need to see popes as all-knowing gurus. If a pope's a heretic, then he should be called out for his errors. Many Catholics obviously do see the pope as a guru. Otherwise, how does one explain the "Santo Subito!" crowd?

Feb 20th 2013 new

(Quote) Sean-851370 said: I trust God. I don't need to see popes as all-knowing gurus. If a pope's a...

I trust God. I don't need to see popes as all-knowing gurus. If a pope's a heretic, then he should be called out for his errors. Many Catholics obviously do see the pope as a guru. Otherwise, how does one explain the "Santo Subito!" crowd?

--hide--

Who said anything about a "guru"? If a Pope is a bad man or even a heretic, he is still prevented from proclaiming error in matters of faith or morals. In recent centuries we have been blessed with very good popes - imperfect men all, but aided by God's grace and the Holy Spirit to avoid damaging or undermining the magisterium.

Feb 20th 2013 new

The new normal? www.flickr.com

Feb 20th 2013 new

(Quote) Sean-851370 said: The new normal? www.flickr.com

The new normal? www.flickr.com

--hide--

* sighhhhh * Must you??

wink

Posts 11 - 18 of 18