Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

Cardinal Mahony to go to Rome

Feb 12th 2013 new

Here in So. Calif. we are very hurt and upset about Cardinal Mahony's part in the cover up of the priest abuse scandal. The new Archbishop has stripped him of his administrative and public duties. The Cardinal posted a letter making excuses and pointing the finger back at the Archbishop. It is scandalous and painful. Now the Cardinal has put in the news how excited he is to go to Rome and to the conclave for a new pope. I feel if he cared about Christ's church he would lay low and go off to a monastery. He certainly is not acting as if he is taking responsibility for his horrific actions.
abcnews.go.com

Should a Cardinal who has caused such problems be involved in voting for a new pope? We need to start trusting in the church again and this doesn't seem to be a good way to do that.

Feb 17th 2013 new

(Quote) Laura-56149 said: Here in So. Calif. we are very hurt and upset about Cardinal Mahony's part in the cover up of ...
(Quote) Laura-56149 said:

Here in So. Calif. we are very hurt and upset about Cardinal Mahony's part in the cover up of the priest abuse scandal. The new Archbishop has stripped him of his administrative and public duties. The Cardinal posted a letter making excuses and pointing the finger back at the Archbishop. It is scandalous and painful. Now the Cardinal has put in the news how excited he is to go to Rome and to the conclave for a new pope. I feel if he cared about Christ's church he would lay low and go off to a monastery. He certainly is not acting as if he is taking responsibility for his horrific actions.
abcnews.go.com

Should a Cardinal who has caused such problems be involved in voting for a new pope? We need to start trusting in the church again and this doesn't seem to be a good way to do that.

--hide--

I am quite surprised, myself, that they would let him vote.

Feb 18th 2013 new

(Quote) Laura-56149 said: Here in So. Calif. we are very hurt and upset about Cardinal Mahony's part in the cover up of ...
(Quote) Laura-56149 said:

abcnews.go.com

--hide--

Plenty more are just as bad as Roger but nothing has happened to them.

Feb 19th 2013 new

Fortunately, Cardinal Bernard Law is age 81 and no longer able to vote for the next Pope. He also seemed to be very guilty of these same abuses (as Cardinal Mahony).

Ed

Posts 1 - 4 of 4