Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion related to learning about the faith (Catechetics), defense of the Faith (Apologetics), the Liturgy and canon law, motivated by a desire to grow closer to Christ or to bring someone else closer.

Saint Augustine of Hippo is considered on of the greatest Christian thinkers of all time and the Doctor of the Church.
Learn More: Saint Augustine

Jul 6th 2013 new
(quote) Carrie-529869 said: Please consider that the reading of TOB may help heal. It is meant to help with full integration body and soul, that you can be a better person, and able to give of yourself better.
Thank you for your kind notice and encouragement, Carrie; perhaps after I complete and submit my annulment application. Then I might be able to re-engage TOB with the greater sense of Hope that it deserves.
Jul 6th 2013 new
Hey Mick,

I love TOB! I actually got my Masters from the John Paul II Institute (different from the TOB Institute everyone has been mentioning.) It was founded by JPII the day he was shot to study marriage, family, and TOB. It's the Catholic Church's "official" School to study TOB. Check it out!
Jul 7th 2013 new
(quote) Richard-791226 said: Hey Mick,

I love TOB! I actually got my Masters from the John Paul II Institute (different from the TOB Institute everyone has been mentioning.) It was founded by JPII the day he was shot to study marriage, family, and TOB. It's the Catholic Church's "official" School to study TOB. Check it out!
That doesn't make the TOB institute "unofficial". They are under the direction of the Bishops, and the translator taught one of my classes (along with Kreeft and Janet Smith)
Jul 7th 2013 new
(quote) Carrie-529869 said: That doesn't make the TOB institute "unofficial". They are under the direction of the Bishops, and the translator taught one of my classes (along with Kreeft and Janet Smith)
Don't get defensive. Lol did I call the TOB Institute a fly by night operation?

The John Paul II Institute in a Pontifical Institute governed by the Holy See and founded by JPII. And I know Dr. Smith personally and Dr. Waldstein as he has been to many conferences at JPII. This isn't a competition. (But if it was we'd win. :) jk)
Jul 7th 2013 new
"*is* a Pontifical Institute"
Jul 7th 2013 new
I wasn't defensive. Your original statement saying its "the official one" had implications that I was clarifying.
Jul 7th 2013 new
Can you post a link to the TOB Institute.

Thanks and God Bless you,

Mick
Jul 7th 2013 new
first one in google search www.tobinstitute.org
Jul 7th 2013 new
Can you post a link to the JPII Institute.

Thank you and God Bless,

Mick
Jul 7th 2013 new
(quote) Mick-929473 said: You are a wise woman!

"The opposite of love is not hate but 'use.'"

Sums up the disordered attraction perfectly.

Mick
This is a great topic. I have been teaching and have had limited time to pray. I have found real power in this prayer and it seems to have helped the teaching environment for the teenagers who I teach. It can be very challenging teaching them as they are influenced in their thinking by the media and all of it's filth. This pray is very powerful. I know that I wopuld have been using it my whole life if I would have learned it as a child. It is so powerful and is in alignment with the Agnus Dei and other prayers from Mass. It really targets sin and prays for healing from sin.
Posts 31 - 40 of 47