Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion related to learning about the faith (Catechetics), defense of the Faith (Apologetics), the Liturgy and canon law, motivated by a desire to grow closer to Christ or to bring someone else closer.

Saint Augustine of Hippo is considered on of the greatest Christian thinkers of all time and the Doctor of the Church.
Learn More: Saint Augustine

Jul 7th 2013 new
(quote) Carrie-529869 said: I wasn't defensive. Your original statement saying its "the official one" had implications that I was clarifying.
No implication was intended. My reason for saying that was simply the statement that it is the school the Church established for the study of TOB. Just because the Church has established a Pontifical Institute it doesn't preclude the laity's ability to establish institutes for further study and understanding as well.

The JPII Institute can be found at http://www.johnpaulii.edu
Jul 7th 2013 new
(quote) Mick-929473 said: Can you post a link to the TOB Institute.

Thanks and God Bless you,

Mick
Hi Mick,

This is the link to the TOB institute that I attended in PA www.tobinstitute.org
and there is also a TOB institute for healing at tobhealing.org ---this is for healing retreats..

Jesus, I trust in you!
Lisa theheart
Jul 7th 2013 new
Lisa,

which classes at the institute have you been to?
Jul 9th 2013 new
Mick asked me to write something for this forum. I've never participated in a CM forum, so here goes.

My experience with Divine Mercy is that I have read Sr. Faustina's Diary. I pray the chaplet at least once each day. When I was coming into the Church early on, I had an image of Jesus as the Divine Mercy in the sanctuary. It was big and very 3-D. I don't have as many consolations as I did three years ago.

I have read JPII's writing on TOB. I have read more on chastity as a virtue, a virtue that our society seriously lacks. Chastity is an anchoring virtue for a society. I may not like it, in personal practice sometimes, but I want respect in a marriage rather than a non-sacramental relationship.

I think in our culture of usury, and our culture of death, we are going to need all the mercy we can be allowed, if we ask for it. Regardless, in the end, we are going to glorify God, whether it be through his mercy given or justice handed down.

Where the two topics especially intersect for me is when I am praying the DM Chaplet outside Planned Parenthood as I do weekly. I know who I am, a single, chaste woman, and I know I am praying for the aborted, and praying for a miracle, even if that miracle takes place in my heart and I am a little less judgmental against my brothers and sisters who are think abortion is the only answer or last resort, or justified in some other way.
Jul 10th 2013 new
When School is in session I find it easier to do the Divine Mercy Chaplet. I am pulling away from the school right bout 3 pm and it is a perfect time for me and the safety of all the kids on the bus... what a wonderful reminder. I have been reading more and more info about the Theology of the Body but sometimes I wonder why I bother... ha ha ha. i just tell myself it is good to be well read. It is good solid information I will say that.
Jul 11th 2013 new
Mick, I can see you found the correlation between TOB and DM, thanks for sharing, it is a really interesting reading, I barely started reading in the web about TOB, and God doesn't make mistakes, he created man and woman different and to complement each other, in marriage. I believe there's still a lot to learn, and your post taught me a lot, thanks! I really like the DM and i do pray the novena every year, the chaplet not as often as the rosary but I do constantly tell him, Jesus I trust in you.

Jul 19th 2013 new
Hi Mick and Everyone,
I don't have much to add. When I was in my 20's I did a lot of reading of Augustine, Theresa, and Sr.Faust...?? .
I am in agreement with everything they say, and believe by following the Holy Spirit's promptings you will only be drawn closer to Christ.
Posts 41 - 47 of 47