Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion on entertainment, movies, television, jokes or light-hearted topics. Please keep discussion clean and appropriate for a Catholic site.

Saint Vitus is the patron saint of actors, comedians, dancers, and of entertainers in general.
Learn More:Saint Vitus

Feb 13th 2013 new

(Quote) Jessica-897416 said: I first heard this song when I went to Steven Curtis Chapmans All About Love conce...
(Quote) Jessica-897416 said:

I first heard this song when I went to Steven Curtis Chapmans All About Love concert back in 2004. He does an awesome job... www.youtube.com

--hide--

I'd never heard this version before now, Jessica. It's not bad at all.

As long as we're talking covers, how about Smashing Pumpkins' 90's version of the old Fleetwood Mac tune "Landslide"?

www.youtube.com

Feb 13th 2013 new

Everything Selena did. Still play her CD's. (Not Celine - Selena from Corpus Christi, Texas). First grammy award winner for cross over hispanic - english music.

Feb 14th 2013 new

(Quote) Beverly-936499 said: Everything Selena did. Still play her CD's. (Not Celine - Selena from Corpus Christi, Texas...
(Quote) Beverly-936499 said:

Everything Selena did. Still play her CD's. (Not Celine - Selena from Corpus Christi, Texas). First grammy award winner for cross over hispanic - english music.

--hide--

Selena was really talented. I don't know her Spanish-language music, but her English stuff was really good.

P.S.: Glad you said Selena cool and not Celine Dion rolling eyes

This is a Celine-free zone laughing

Feb 14th 2013 new

This is a Celine-free zone

shhh
No one told me that - but I kind of guessed it!!!

Feb 14th 2013 new

(Quote) Beverly-936499 said: This is a Celine-free zone No one told me that - but I kind of guessed it!...
(Quote) Beverly-936499 said:

This is a Celine-free zone

No one told me that - but I kind of guessed it!!!

--hide--

Ah, you are indeed wise, Miss Beverly. biggrin

Feb 14th 2013 new

(Quote) Steve-111719 said: They were everywhere, weren't they?
(Quote) Steve-111719 said:

They were everywhere, weren't they?

--hide--
Yes Steve, I still love that song! And they have good principles as people too. One of my nephews was aboout their age at the time and had his hair like theirs and used to get mistaken for them often. It was funny.

Feb 14th 2013 new

Thought you might be curious, Jane, about what one of the kids from Hanson has been up to lately...

Taylor Hanson was a part of a new supergroup recently: en.wikipedia.org

Saw 'em on Letterman: www.youtube.com

Pretty wild combo...James Iha from Smashing Pumpkins, Bun E. Carlos from Cheap Trick, Adam Schlesinger from Fountains of Wayne, and Taylor Hanson. Not a half bad band.

You nephew could be in for another round of mistaken identity. laughing

Feb 18th 2013 new

hi Steve, thanks for the update..not bad. Lots of energy. He still has great hair! LOL Still looks like my nephew too! MMM bop... note lil mikie

Feb 20th 2013 new

B-52's....Love their music! so much fun to sing. discoball

Depeche Mode....I was into New Age/Alternative stuff back in high school and college. Robin

10,000 Maniacs....they had a good sound. cool

Tori Amos......Loved her! She was so talented. Great song writer, and she could play that piano very well. Loved her red hair. heart

Pink Floyd....Love their stuff.

New Kids on the Block....Yes! I was a teeney bopper fan of these guys back in high school. Battling eyelashes laughing My room was covered with New Kids posters. I bought anything with New Kids on it. laughing Bow Yes....I screamed everytime I saw them on tv. hyper lil mikie :lol: Now that their back on tour all those memories are coming back. I would love to see them in concert again. :wink:

Feb 21st 2013 new

Maria - Blondie
www.youtube.com

Walking in London - Concrete Blonde
www.youtube.com

Webb Wilder - Hoodoo Witch
www.youtube.com

Posts 11 - 20 of 22