Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Devoted to discussion pertaining to those issues which are specifically relevant to people 45+. Topics must have a specific perspective of people in this age group for it to be on topic.

The story of Abraham and Sarah is told in chapters 11-25 of the book of Genesis.
Learn More:Abraham & Sarah

Older men with young children

Feb 12th 2013 new

I was wondering what women (perhaps in their 50s) think about men of the same age who have young children in their lives?

I suspect women who have already raised their children and maybe even have grandchildren aren't interested in meeting anyone with young children, even if the little ones live with their mother most of the time. I am thinking that there maybe a perception that older men with young children are irresponsbible because they couldn't keep the family together or that they are weak.

I am not sure this is an appropriate subject for a forum, but I am curious. I've been praying about this for a while now.

Feb 12th 2013 new
I would be very open to a man with young children -- but maybe I'm in the minority.
Feb 12th 2013 new

Children are precious gifts. I know, for me, that would not be a deal breaker. It is refreshing to see the world thru the eyes of a child. Keeps us young! biggrin

Feb 12th 2013 new

And where are my manners...............

Welcome to the Forum Dennis, and I am sure I speak for all the CM Ladies when I say "stick around and post often" wave

Feb 12th 2013 new

I agree with the other ladies, Dennis...many women are open to men with children, myself included. There are probably women who might be less inclined to take on children at this point in their lives but I think they are few. Don't be discouraged...there is a woman out there that will love you and your children.

Feb 12th 2013 new

(Quote) Dennis-944077 said: I was wondering what women (perhaps in their 50s) think about men of the same age who have young...
(Quote) Dennis-944077 said:

I was wondering what women (perhaps in their 50s) think about men of the same age who have young children in their lives?

I suspect women who have already raised their children and maybe even have grandchildren aren't interested in meeting anyone with young children, even if the little ones live with their mother most of the time. I am thinking that there maybe a perception that older men with young children are irresponsbible because they couldn't keep the family together or that they are weak.

I am not sure this is an appropriate subject for a forum, but I am curious. I've been praying about this for a while now.

--hide--

And, I'm older than the other ladies, but since I didn't have children when I was married, I actually wouldn't mind if someone was still raising children as long as there isn't a problematic relationship with an ex-wife (if there is one). Obviously, if the gentleman is widowed, then that is not an issue. I have run into men in their early 60's with children age 5 or so.

Feb 12th 2013 new

I am 60 with 4 grown children and 9 grandchildren.. A couple of years ago I had two dates with a man (my age) who had 4 children ages 6-16 with him part time.. His cell phone was ringing repeatedly with the oldest son wanting him to come pick him up (during the second date).. We finally gave up and cut it short because we pretty much couldn't even carry on a conversation.. Though his wife was remarried he's still married to the kids.. Thankfully, he didn't ask again, because I wouldn't have done it a third time.. I gave up dating for 12 years while I finished raising my kids. While I definitely wouldn't rule out dating someone with a younger child, I would only consider it if all other things are in sync. I've been a stepparent before and it was a terribly thankless job with that particular son..

Feb 12th 2013 new

People are different. Snowboarding Not everyone is called to the vocation of the reconstructed family unit. A person might want children but not be able to have any of their own, and therefore, might want to date and marry someone who does have children. scratchchin Another who cannot have children might prefer to be with someone who does not want any, who will love them for themselves. heart And there are those who feel called to have their own children but not to adopt, hug those who want to raise children when they are young but not when they are older,fez and those for whom it is vis-versa. cool I think most people hope to find someone to build a lifestyle with who will share similar values to their own. clap

Feb 12th 2013 new

It wouldn't bother me at all. I love children and do not have any of my own. Men with children are a package deal. I do think that there are women who are finished with the "raising the children" stage of life. But I think if you find someone that you are in love with, his children are just a bonus to your relationship.

Feb 12th 2013 new

I would not only be open to it, but could definately find it a plus, depending upon the situation.

Posts 1 - 10 of 50