Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Advice on online "dating"

Feb 12th 2013 new

I am totally new to this and would like a little more insight and advice please! Remember, there are no WRONG answers so don't hold back. Feel free to share funny or amusing happenstances, stories, ect.

Thank you kindly and Happy FAT Tuesday!.........Christine wave

Feb 12th 2013 new

Welcome... I suggest our online dating guide that you can download for FREE.

www.catholicmatch.com

Feb 12th 2013 new

Hi Christine,

Welcome! What kind of advice are you looking for? Anything specific?

Feb 13th 2013 new

(Quote) Christine-944106 said: I am totally new to this and would like a little more insight and advice please! Remember, th...
(Quote) Christine-944106 said:

I am totally new to this and would like a little more insight and advice please! Remember, there are no WRONG answers so don't hold back. Feel free to share funny or amusing happenstances, stories, ect.

Thank you kindly and Happy FAT Tuesday!.........Christine

--hide--

Change your name to Ashley and talk like a Valley Girl. Guys dig on that. laughing laughing I keed. I keed. Seriously though, keep posting in the Forums to get your profile in more places for greater exposure. If you like a guy and don't mind letting him know, then send him an emotigram and make your comment in it sweet, cute, fun. Hopefully he'll respond back. If he doesn't just keep trying, someone will respond. Best of luck!

Feb 13th 2013 new

I'm still fairly new to this online thing (at 43...) but I've enjoyed the initial stages of it so far. Advice: don't go online every day thinking "THIS COULD BE THE DAY!" Just offer a prayer for the guidance of the Holy Spirit in your search, no matter how long it takes. And be careful, because although this is a site filled with beautiful, wonderful, faithful Catholic men, there are still some not-so-real guys who can scam. Use your God-judgement.

God bless your search!

Feb 13th 2013 new
Good luck to you. I know people who have had great success on Caholic Match that doesn't mean it is for everyone. I personally find it hard to convey my personality online but I am taking a stab at it one more time. Mary PS - I jus want to show off my original member number of 106;)
Feb 13th 2013 new

(Quote) Christine-944106 said: I am totally new to this and would like a little more insight and advice please! Remember, th...

--hide--

judging from your profile, it looks like you are doing everything right.... welcome!!!

Feb 13th 2013 new

--hide--

Welcome!

My advice is speak to each other on the phone as soon as possible and, if it seems promising, meet as soon as possible thereafter. An ethereal relationship is not a true relationship. Facetime is the only real way to see if the person is right for you.

Look outside a narrow geographic area.

Be open. Don't have a long list of requirements. Don't compromise on quality/morals, but be open in other respects. Someone who doesn't appear right for you on paper may turn out to be a perfect match once you get to know him.

Contact him. Don't wait coyly for him to contact you. He may not be aware you're even on CM.

Get active on the forums and/or in chat. This increases ytour visibility and also will bring you many good friends in a great community. (Unexpected blessings many of us have received on CM.)

Feb 13th 2013 new

Post on the forums so that members get to know you. Welcome to CM

Feb 13th 2013 new

--hide--

Read the Online dating guide Brian suggested.. and have Patience, patience, and more PATIENTS! laughing laughing laughing Praying

Posts 1 - 10 of 25