Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

Feb 21st 2013 new

(Quote) Tom-54311 said:.... Texans. They are way better than those wishy, washy New Englanders, or those West Coast freaks.
(Quote) Tom-54311 said:.... Texans. They are way better than those wishy, washy New Englanders, or those West Coast freaks.
--hide--

Speaking as someone who moved from the West Coast to avoid the freaks and who landed in New England, I'm not sure I'd agree that NE folks are wishy washy so much as stuck in their ways. scratchchin

Feb 21st 2013 new
(Quote) Marge-938695 said: Speaking as someone who moved from the West Coast to avoid the freaks and who landed in New England, I'...
(Quote) Marge-938695 said:

Speaking as someone who moved from the West Coast to avoid the freaks and who landed in New England, I'm not sure I'd agree that NE folks are wishy washy so much as stuck in their ways.

--hide--
New Englanders are die hards and stuck in their ways but loyal to the cause and can be as conservative as they are liberal. You got to love us....a Transplant in TN.
Feb 21st 2013 new

I like Texans, but yes they are a bit head strong and independent. Not a bad thing at all.

About those West coast comments. I do not live in the Democratic People Republic of California by choice.

I like their accent too..there is something about a southern accent, not the redneck hick from Moonshiners but the southern belle.

Feb 21st 2013 new

I notice in all the hoopla about Texans, how many of us have moved around this country. I'm a 4th generation Californian, married a New Yorker and raised 5 little New Yorkers...but I'm half Texan too. I remember whenever my Daddy went "home" to Cowtown (now if you're really a Texan you know where that is!), it would take him about three weeks to lose that Texas accent and get back to speaking Californian.

Texans, in my experience, are just wonderful, down-to-earth people. I'd marry one in a heartbeat -- if it weren't for those 5 grown New Yorkers I'm related to.

And that's another dilemma too many of us face, not wanting to be too far from our families while looking for a potential spouse...

Feb 21st 2013 new

Don't know that "being polite" and having "good manners" are necessarily a Texas thing.....but more to do with a good upbringing....And though I hate the summers here in Dallas (so hot) and say I'll move somewhere cooler EVERY year....I just can't leave "HOME SWEET HOME"~
Besides there is much history here....and lot to do!

Posts 51 - 55 of 55