Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion for anyone who adheres to the Extraordinary form of the mass and any issues related to the practices of Eastern Rite Catholicism.

Saint Athanasius is counted as one of the four Great Doctors of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Athanasius

Feb 19th 2013 new

(Quote) Denise-687929 said: For your information.www.amazon.com.
(Quote) Denise-687929 said:

For your information.

www.amazon.com

--hide--

+

Thanks Denise! I work at a Catholic bookstore, had heard about this book the other day, wanted to order it for the store, and it completely slipped my mind unitl I saw your post.

God bless you!

Feb 19th 2013 new
God knows that the Catholic Church is in need of comprehensive reform. It is in the worst shape it has been in 500 years.
Feb 19th 2013 new

(Quote) John-220051 said: God knows that the Catholic Church is in need of comprehensive reform. It is in the worst shape it has be...
(Quote) John-220051 said: God knows that the Catholic Church is in need of comprehensive reform. It is in the worst shape it has been in 500 years.
--hide--

If you look for the bad, you'll see only the bad. if you look for the good, you'll see the good.

God has never abandoned his holy Church. Nor will he ever do that. Good things are happening. Reform is underway. Pray and be hopeful. Above all, love unstintingly, and stay faithful. Doing these smiple things will radically alter your perception of the situation. They'll also have a ripple effect. Sadly, naysaying and carping also have a deleterious ripple effect. So which are we to do?

Feb 19th 2013 new
(Quote) David-364112 said: If you look for the bad, you'll see only the bad. if you look for the good, you'll...
(Quote) David-364112 said:

If you look for the bad, you'll see only the bad. if you look for the good, you'll see the good.

God has never abandoned his holy Church. Nor will he ever do that. Good things are happening. Reform is underway. Pray and be hopeful. Above all, love unstintingly, and stay faithful. Doing these smiple things will radically alter your perception of the situation. They'll also have a ripple effect. Sadly, naysaying and carping also have a deleterious ripple effect. So which are we to do?

--hide--

Reform? I don't see it happening at the highest levels of the Church. I see widespread corruption akin to that during the Renaissance. Vatican II has been a failure.
Feb 19th 2013 new

(Quote) John-220051 said: Reform? I don't see it happening at the highest levels of the Church. I see widespread corrup...
(Quote) John-220051 said:

Reform? I don't see it happening at the highest levels of the Church. I see widespread corruption akin to that during the Renaissance. Vatican II has been a failure.
--hide--

Saying that Vatican II has been a failure is an indication that one does not know what VII said or did.

There is no doubt that men in the Church whose duty is to run it have failed in their task. It is even evident that the a lot of the clergy was and is less than what it should be. But that men fail is not the same as saying VII failed.

And the Church is always in need of reform, just as we as individuals are always in need of reform. It is a continuous process that will not end until the end of time.

Feb 19th 2013 new
(Quote) Paul-866591 said: Saying that Vatican II has been a failure is an indication that one does not know what VII said ...
(Quote) Paul-866591 said:

Saying that Vatican II has been a failure is an indication that one does not know what VII said or did.

There is no doubt that men in the Church whose duty is to run it have failed in their task. It is even evident that the a lot of the clergy was and is less than what it should be. But that men fail is not the same as saying VII failed.

And the Church is always in need of reform, just as we as individuals are always in need of reform. It is a continuous process that will not end until the end of time.

--hide--

I'm more interested in actions than in words.
Feb 19th 2013 new

(Quote) John-220051 said: Reform? I don't see it happening at the highest levels of the Church. I see widespread corrup...
(Quote) John-220051 said:

--hide--

That's in your eyes. Ask God to help you see through his eyes rather than your own. The Church is exactly where it's supposed to be according to God's plan. That plan is so far beyond our comprehension and so large that we can't see enough of it to make sense. A century from now we may be in a new golden age of the faith - and it will have begun here and now. So avoid the naysaying and criticism.

I get it that things aren't to your liking. Lord knows, I'm displeased and dismayed with certain things as well. One of the devil's most powerful and insidious tools is discouragement. The enemy wants us to be discouraged, see the Church in a diminished light, and distrust its leaders. Don't give in to that awful and subtle temptation!

We must ask God to help us percevie things not as we wish to perceive them, but as God sees them.

Feb 20th 2013 new

(Quote) David-364112 said: That's in your eyes. Ask God to help you see through his eyes rather than your o...
(Quote) David-364112 said:

That's in your eyes. Ask God to help you see through his eyes rather than your own. The Church is exactly where it's supposed to be according to God's plan. That plan is so far beyond our comprehension and so large that we can't see enough of it to make sense. A century from now we may be in a new golden age of the faith - and it will have begun here and now. So avoid the naysaying and criticism.

I get it that things aren't to your liking. Lord knows, I'm displeased and dismayed with certain things as well. One of the devil's most powerful and insidious tools is discouragement. The enemy wants us to be discouraged, see the Church in a diminished light, and distrust its leaders. Don't give in to that awful and subtle temptation!

We must ask God to help us percevie things not as we wish to perceive them, but as God sees them.

--hide--

A spiritual director I used to see says dicouragement always comes from the enemy. The root word, cour, means heart. So, be encouraged, take courage - take heart! Look at our current Holy Father! Thanks be to God for the wisdom of the Holy Spirit moving through the Cardinals and electing him! Pope Benedict XVI is no doubt a living saint. A corrupt Church would never have picked a person as holy as Pope Benedict XVI to lead. Let's pray for Pope Benedict XVI and the cardinals who will be electing our next Holy Father.

Posts 1 - 9 of 9