Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

www.cnn.com

I realize that CNN isn't an authoritative source for Christianity, but not only is offline dating nearly a lost art, but also offline fraternal communion and the foundation of friendship that a holy marriage in a community should be based on. :) Christianity is not about having a private holy party. Love that is more than about eros speaks volumes about other social relationships and responsibilities: philia, storge, and agape.

I'm just posting the CNN article from what someone else sees as a trend. :)

Below is an article I wrote on fraternal communion from Church references:

catholic-lifetime-reading-plan.blogspot.com

Comments or complaints are welcome.
02/13/2013 new

I think most of us here would be thrilled to date offline.

But for some of us, there just aren't any suitable people around.

02/13/2013 new

Problem I have with articles like this is that they set things up to be an either or. Fact is you need both. Online dating (or meeting) as it should be called is just another way to do just that "meet." It is not intended and should never take thep place of real authentic physical relationships. That being said people did not move from state to state much before cars or travel country to country before planes and yet I don't see people longing for the day of "staying in your home town." Fact is it is easy to write these kind of articles it is much harder however to write things that help people use new tools and new technologies to enhance their life without it becoming excessive and thus destructive. Pope John Paul II and Pope Benedict have written some great stuff in regards t using technology.

Posts 1 - 3 of 3