Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

Feb 15th 2013 new

(Quote) Marianne-100218 said: I think you are not quite right about that last line Florian--that the vision...
(Quote) Marianne-100218 said:

I think you are not quite right about that last line Florian--that the vision is outdated. To a liberal, that is his vision. It is
never outdated and always leftist.

I wish you were right about a majority of the country not much interested. We just can't seem to get off the liberal
agenda. Obama talks about it, and the Republicans as well as the Democrats seem to vote for it. Can't figure out how
this is happening at all. It is beyond me.

Rubios speech was very good. Nothing new to Conservatives--he put our thoughts and feelings into words.
He was quite nervous though.

--hide--

I think it is safe to say that a majority of the country is not much interested in Obama's vision to fundamentally transform America. Just because 51% of the vote goes to Obama does not mean 51% of us truly share his dream of the triumph of leftism. Most of us just want to be able to take care of our families, first and foremost. So, in this uncertain economy, people will vote not to have gov't handouts taken away just yet. That's because they are concerned for their families, not because they are all convinced that government dependency and buying votes with handouts are good things. I'm sure some people voted for Obama because they had lingering doubts about Romney, or they were too uncertain about what a Romney presidency would look like, not because they are committed leftists. We know that a majority of Americans are not leftists because only 25% percent of the voters described themselves as "liberal" in the exit polls (though it's true that many of those who described themselves as "moderates" are also quite liberal).

Lookiong at it issue by issue, it's clear that people do not share Obama's core beleifs. Polls show that most people want to reduce the deficit, and they don't think raising taxes is really the way to do it. Most people want less government, not more. They don't want another stimulus. They don't think Obama's policies help the economy or reduce unemployment. They don't want gun control laws to be as strict as Obama would like them to be. They don't think there should be abortion on demand for all nine months of pregnancy. I'm sure they are not as fanatical as Obama about subsidizing green energy. They don't have great zeal for protecting unions either. And, as far as I know, about half of America would still like to see ObamaCare repealed.

Feb 15th 2013 new

(Quote) Florian-626971 said: I think it is safe to say that a majority of the country is not much interested in Oba...
(Quote) Florian-626971 said:

I think it is safe to say that a majority of the country is not much interested in Obama's vision to fundamentally transform America. Just because 51% of the vote goes to Obama does not mean 51% of us truly share his dream of the triumph of leftism. Most of us just want to be able to take care of our families, first and foremost. So, in this uncertain economy, people will vote not to have gov't handouts taken away just yet. That's because they are concerned for their families, not because they are all convinced that government dependency and buying votes with handouts are good things. I'm sure some people voted for Obama because they had lingering doubts about Romney, or they were too uncertain about what a Romney presidency would look like, not because they are committed leftists. We know that a majority of Americans are not leftists because only 25% percent of the voters described themselves as "liberal" in the exit polls (though it's true that many of those who described themselves as "moderates" are also quite liberal).

Lookiong at it issue by issue, it's clear that people do not share Obama's core beleifs. Polls show that most people want to reduce the deficit, and they don't think raising taxes is really the way to do it. Most people want less government, not more. They don't want another stimulus. They don't think Obama's policies help the economy or reduce unemployment. They don't want gun control laws to be as strict as Obama would like them to be. They don't think there should be abortion on demand for all nine months of pregnancy. I'm sure they are not as fanatical as Obama about subsidizing green energy. They don't have great zeal for protecting unions either. And, as far as I know, about half of America would still like to see ObamaCare repealed.

--hide--

I hope what you say is true. But more than that, I hope we can get these extreme leftists out of control. All these
new laws, starting with Obamacare, are undermining our Government and our future.

The liberals I know are extreme, and have NOT a clue about how America is being run down. They just care about
causes, like giving away everything free. It is useless to change their minds with facts, but they seem to be in
power. How, I don't understand.

Posts 11 - 12 of 12