Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of prayer life, posting prayers of the Church and prayer requests.

Saint Jude is the patron saint of lost causes and desperate situations.
Learn more: Saint Jude

Pray for family/uncle, please?

Feb 13th 2013 new

My uncle Mike has cancer and my mother just called and said it looks like he's down to his last few days. Regrettably, he worked himself very hard to be able to provide for me and my mother, but he avoided going to the doctor after the removal of one of his kidneys in 2008. The kidney cancer made it through to his other kidney, his liver, and his spine. He didn't find out until December 2011. Over the past year, he took chemotherapy pills and the cancer went into remission until about a month ago.

So, he's been in the ER for a week and hasn't eaten since a few days before that.

I'm driving down from Oklahoma to Texas to be there in his final days. This has been hard since my uncle decided that I shouldn't know until he decides I'm ready, but I've known since April. It has been hard for both of us to talk by phone and pretend nothing's wrong.

I happen to be unemployed -- laid off a month ago -- but it's a relief now because I will be blessed with the freedom to visit my uncle and honor him properly. He's a good Texas man, a Southern Baptist, and he looks after his kin.

So, just prayers all around, please. Thank you, folks.

Feb 13th 2013 new

Praying rosary theheart

Feb 13th 2013 new
(Quote) Gary-936836 said: My uncle Mike has cancer and my mother just called and said it looks like he's down to his last few days. Re...
(Quote) Gary-936836 said:

My uncle Mike has cancer and my mother just called and said it looks like he's down to his last few days. Regrettably, he worked himself very hard to be able to provide for me and my mother, but he avoided going to the doctor after the removal of one of his kidneys in 2008. The kidney cancer made it through to his other kidney, his liver, and his spine. He didn't find out until December 2011. Over the past year, he took chemotherapy pills and the cancer went into remission until about a month ago.

So, he's been in the ER for a week and hasn't eaten since a few days before that.

I'm driving down from Oklahoma to Texas to be there in his final days. This has been hard since my uncle decided that I shouldn't know until he decides I'm ready, but I've known since April. It has been hard for both of us to talk by phone and pretend nothing's wrong.

I happen to be unemployed -- laid off a month ago -- but it's a relief now because I will be blessed with the freedom to visit my uncle and honor him properly. He's a good Texas man, a Southern Baptist, and he looks after his kin.

--hide--
Prayers and blessings to you all and a peaceful parting for your dear uncle.
Feb 13th 2013 new

Praying rosary theheart

Feb 13th 2013 new

(Quote) Gary-936836 said: My uncle Mike has cancer and my mother just called and said it looks like he's down to his las...
(Quote) Gary-936836 said:

--hide--

May God give your uncle comfort in his final days. May he watch over and protect you. Prayers for a blessed time with him.

Praying rosary theheart angel Jesus we trust in You theheart

Feb 13th 2013 new

Praying Praying

Feb 13th 2013 new

(Quote) Bernie-645443 said:
(Quote) Bernie-645443 said:

--hide--
Praying for his comfort in passing and for the ministering angels to comfort your family in a beautiful way that you may miss his presents but he is in his heavenly home and safe and not in pain.We are all going to reach this Plato some day and all we can do is pray for each others comfort and peace from the Lord.Psalms:139

Feb 13th 2013 new

Praying Praying

Feb 13th 2013 new

rosary Praying

Feb 13th 2013 new

Praying Praying rosary

Posts 1 - 10 of 36