Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

02/15/2013 new

(Quote) Elizabeth-929069 said: So given the possibilities for such an answer above, are those who require 7/7 limiting their option...
(Quote) Elizabeth-929069 said: So given the possibilities for such an answer above, are those who require 7/7 limiting their options because the question only allows for yes/no or can the options for these questions being expanded?
--hide--

+1 on this.

I think that CM could do its members a favor by clarifying these questions. We often times hear that a person may have decided to answer a question a certain way because of past behaviors, so why not preface each of the questions by something as simple as "Regardless of your opinions and/or behaviors in the past, do you now accept Church teaching regarding..."? This is not a perfect example but I think some of the ambiguity could be removed by rephrasing the questions. A comment box could also be provided so that each member could explain their answer if they so choose.

It might also helpful to provide a bit of instruction on some of the questions/teachings. For example, I honestly think that some members think that the "Papal Infallibility" means the pope never sins and can proclaim 2+2=5.

02/16/2013 new
Carol...very good questions...my answers are coming from someone in a different generation (that yourself) but I think the theme and answer is universal. Y or N answers make issues black and white when in reality they're gray. As Brian pointed out, there are many good reasons why one answers the way that they do. Some of which you may not be put off by. I think for the pre marital sex ? many immediately jump to the conclusion that this person is just looking for sex when in many cases that isn't necessarily the case.

If you read my profile you'll see I have a child but was never married. If I were to answer yes I accept the churches teaching I'm viewed a hippocrite, if I answer no I'm being honest (cause I love my daughter and if I had to do it all over again I would). Take time to get to know the person. Clearly you're a person with sound reasoning, a great heart, and good values. You'll be able to easily discern the contenders from the pretenders.

Good Luck and God Bless.

Honesty, personality, and character shouldn't be overlooked.
02/16/2013 new

I like the 7 faith questios you avoid starting up with someone who has different expectations about the relationship...there are women on CM who also do not agree with the church's teaching on pre-marital sex. I am on other catholic dating sites and the lack of faith questions forces me to ask someone via a message their stance so we can enter the relationship with the knowledge up front. I use the answer to the faith questions as part of my search criteria.

Posts 11 - 13 of 13