Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is dedicated to those who are facing the challenge of raising children without the support of a spouse. This is a place to share ideas and lend mutual support.

Saint Rita is known to be a patroness for abused wives and mourning women.
Learn More: Saint Rita

Feb 21st 2013 new
(Quote) David-364112 said: You did the right thing. Just keep your side of the street clean. You can't control what he d...
(Quote) David-364112 said:

You did the right thing. Just keep your side of the street clean. You can't control what he does, but you can continue to encourage him to take steps to see them. I'll pray for all of you and this situation.

--hide--
A hard lesson learned, David is right. You are not responsible for another adult's behavior, only your own. Be proud of yourself in all situations and honorable to your own standards ...then you will not have regrets. It may be a tough adjustment on both sides with everyone but persevere and pray. I will remember you and pray for you at church today. Eileen
Feb 21st 2013 new

Thank you everyone! This past weekend was the first weekend in 1 1/2 years he took all 5 from Fri evening through Sunday afternoon...he took them to mass & everything. It was a little slice of heaven for myself (besides for the random moments of worry that every parent has). He wasn't restricted in the decree for any reason, I simply left the initial parenting plan in effect for the final draft because I felt like he really didn't want the kids & didn't want to set them up for disappointment. And I felt like I had made the right decision when he did not fight me at all, did not say he wanted it different or anything...& he was given multiple opportunities before the final decree occurred.

So I feel like we are off to a good start. I do fear though I'm about to upset the peace because he misfiled his taxes (claimed kids for earned child care credit, when legally he has no right), & I'm going to amend my taxes so that I can claim the ecc...he isn't going to be happy :(

Feb 21st 2013 new

Do u know I practically bribed my ex NOT to claim the kids? I have 4, but can claim 3, since they reside w/ me, sole custody.

He would have messed me up good w/ financial aid that I am submitting for my daughter who is a senior next year. It's complicated all the way around some times.

Glad they had a good weekend complete w/ mass! wow thats really a tiny blessing!!

~Peace flower

Feb 21st 2013 new
(Quote) Laura-824866 said: Thank you everyone! This past weekend was the first weekend in 1 1/2 years he took all 5 from Fri evening throu...
(Quote) Laura-824866 said:

Thank you everyone! This past weekend was the first weekend in 1 1/2 years he took all 5 from Fri evening through Sunday afternoon...he took them to mass & everything. It was a little slice of heaven for myself (besides for the random moments of worry that every parent has). He wasn't restricted in the decree for any reason, I simply left the initial parenting plan in effect for the final draft because I felt like he really didn't want the kids & didn't want to set them up for disappointment. And I felt like I had made the right decision when he did not fight me at all, did not say he wanted it different or anything...& he was given multiple opportunities before the final decree occurred.

So I feel like we are off to a good start. I do fear though I'm about to upset the peace because he misfiled his taxes (claimed kids for earned child care credit, when legally he has no right), & I'm going to amend my taxes so that I can claim the ecc...he isn't going to be happy :(

--hide--
He will get over it. He knows he did something wrong in his heart. Keep the faith Sister! Eileen
Posts 11 - 14 of 14