Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Devoted to discussion pertaining to those issues which are specifically relevant to people under 45. Topics must have a specific perspective of people in this age group for it to be on topic.

Frassati was dedicated to works of social action, charity, prayer and community.
Learn More:Pier Giorgio Frassati

Feb 22nd 2013 new

You have to. Men are probably messaging the women they find most attractive, which means the majority of women will not receive any interest from men.

Also good looking guys with good careers tend to be the choosers after the late twenties and early thirties so it's even harder for a woman to find a compatible mate in that age range.

The solution for you is yes, you have to contact guys but probably realize that there's no guarantee that he will be the one that eventually is your husband regardless of what his profile looks like or his photos.

Mar 6th 2013 new

I feel the exact same way!! :) I'm completely new to this whole thing too, and I've always been of the opinion that guys should make the first move, but I think sending an emoticon or just a short little note isn't bad if you see someone that you have something in common with.

Mar 7th 2013 new

(Quote) Jessica-951024 said: I feel the exact same way!! :) I'm completely new to this whole thing too, and I've alw...
(Quote) Jessica-951024 said:

I feel the exact same way!! :) I'm completely new to this whole thing too, and I've always been of the opinion that guys should make the first move, but I think sending an emoticon or just a short little note isn't bad if you see someone that you have something in common with.

--hide--

I agree it with you that if I find some one in commons I will sents them emoticon, but sometime that person does not response back what do I do? Just wait or move on. I think that we have live in a new age and should not be old fashion about making friends or dating espcially on CM. I like your hair and pictures very prettyful.

Mar 7th 2013 new

Hi Katie,

It's not old fashioned. Last week a simple smile and hello lead me to a date and I took the lead. She certainly responded to show me she was interested as well. Online it's different; there are some girls that appear on my main page all the time. Maybe they are updating their profile, adding a picture, etc. So you never know by location or activity how much you are visible. The emotigrams and sending nice messages are a good way of doing it I agree with the previous poster. It does get you a greater amount of response. I would definately say having the guy call first or ask for the first date is a must. Again though, I don't normally ask for a girls number I usually just get them when she is comfortable but I still make the first call and date. So am I being too modern for waiting for her to give me her number or am I being old fashioned for being patient and waiting till she feels safe? Sometimes its not black and white. But whatever you do, update your profile twice a week and that will help get you more visible.

Mar 16th 2013 new

I'm pretty old-fashioned that way as well (in my case it is a bit of a self-confidence issue). I don't have a problem sending out a smile to people though, it's like smiling in real life.

Most of the reason I'm doing the whole online dating thing is because I'm like Kuzco online and...I can't actually think of a super shy fictional character, but I'm very shy and quite IRL. So for me I've got very little problem shooting off smiles, bouncing into topics to throw my two cents in, *tackle hug*ing people, and being my usual goofball, talking a mile a minute self right away online while it takes me a few days/months to warm up to a person IRL. It seems silly, but it's true. Remember in high school when your teacher would ask you to describe yourself in 3 words? My Brit Lit teacher asked the class to, and my first word was shy. My best friends in the class all burst out laughing while the people I didn't know/didn't know well all nodded in agreement with me.

(I do still excercise prudent caution online, especially with personal information!)

Posts 11 - 15 of 15