Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Ok I have come to the conclusion that I just suck at dating sites I mean I try but it always fails or Im the creepy type PLEASE WOMEN how can someone be creepy when I don't even know you like that Jesus help me I mean you send a messa well Ige heck it's hard enough to make a conversation with a stranger I think alot of women on here not ALL please before I get slaughtered are just picture hunting and somehow still believe there is a modern day prince perfect charming "William Levy" man wake up I myself left The Lowrider Magazine model back in high school lol but its like really STOP JUDGING a book by iys cover I get it you can't like what your not attracted too but you know be adult about it and I dont want to hear you are trying to hard Then why are You On Here please tell me it;s just tell me its not your minisrty ok Im done lol I just want some InPUT Ladies what should a man do what hoop should i jump thru sincerly , A blue collar man with a heart lol BLESSINGS hug

Feb 15th 2013 new

I have felt the same way about maybe I am not cut out for online dating sites but I know that I must be patient and in time good things will come.

I guess myself and other ladies are wondering the same thing, what hoops do we need to jump through to get the attention of the guys on this site. I don't think it is really you Jaime, just be yourself, be patient, be brave, trust God, pray, and one day God will present you with the lady to whom is to be your wife.

Feb 15th 2013 new

Oh tell us about it! Let's be honest - if we had half the qualities some people seem to be looking for in a prospective partner, we wouldn't be here, we'd be fighting them off. I agree that we should all stop being so fussy and let's crawl to the ugly bug ball... wink

Feb 15th 2013 new

I myself wish there was a magic solution to finding a guy who doesn't want a supermodel, is ok with me being huge sports nut and doesn't care if we spend almost every night at home on the couch.

Heck, I would love to date the likes of a movie star, but I am realistic enough to know that is never going to happen, lol!

Feb 15th 2013 new

You keep trying and keep the faith. and i for ne nt even william levy is really good looking. the one that God as for you will see you from the inside out.

Feb 16th 2013 new

I think everyone feels this way to a degree- I have sent messages and gotten replies saying "No thanks" without them even looking at my profile :( Or they look and don't say anything back. I'm no supermodel, I definitely feel you on the superficiality of online dating, but that's the truth of it, you get judged quickly as a yes or no. Though it doesn't have the stigmatism that it used to, people who resort to online dating are frustrated and don't want to waste time, and will make rash judgement calls.

Feb 16th 2013 new

I can agree to a degree as well. For many --not all-- certain people look for the beauty and slim and rich etc....every single day I have to check peoples photo ID, and many many times, they appear better looking in person---or they appear better looking in their picture. Some people know how to BE photogenic and some people just are not. And in my experience here and in life many things are not what they appear. As for myself over the past year I have gained weight, so I am working on getting that off. I used to be athletic and in shape. I prefer it that way..that's just me. However I am built in such a way that I will never be petite. Many men like that so??? You really need to talk on the phone and in person to really know the person. Sometimes people are shy and awkward and you just have to weed through to get to the blossom. Jaime you will find comfort and support here these CM's are terrific! Praying hug wave Clover

Feb 16th 2013 new

(Quote) Jaime-556629 said: Ok I have come to the conclusion that I just suck at dating sites I mean I try but it always fail...
(Quote) Jaime-556629 said:

Ok I have come to the conclusion that I just suck at dating sites I mean I try but it always fails or Im the creepy type PLEASE WOMEN how can someone be creepy when I don't even know you like that Jesus help me I mean you send a messa well Ige heck it's hard enough to make a conversation with a stranger I think alot of women on here not ALL please before I get slaughtered are just picture hunting and somehow still believe there is a modern day prince perfect charming "William Levy" man wake up I myself left The Lowrider Magazine model back in high school lol but its like really STOP JUDGING a book by iys cover I get it you can't like what your not attracted too but you know be adult about it and I dont want to hear you are trying to hard Then why are You On Here please tell me it;s just tell me its not your minisrty ok Im done lol I just want some InPUT Ladies what should a man do what hoop should i jump thru sincerly , A blue collar man with a heart lol BLESSINGS

--hide--

Jaime

I remember a thread you started some time back saying that you prefer women in their twenties and or 10 years younger than you. That might be part of the issue. Many women that age may see someone your age reaching out to them as creepy or a sign of issues with immaturity. That may not be the truth but it is all about that woman's perception when receiving the message. I would say that most women that age ( I know how I felt at that age) would not be into dating someone much older than they are unless they have a history or some previous experience with that person's personality. As women mature we realize more what we want and the net widens. Maybe you should consider widening your net and or posting more in the fora so that women have some idea who you are. Getting a random message from a guy much older than you can be pretty intimidating for many women in their twenties. For me if I have never seen a post from a man more than 10 years older than me ( that's my limit for younger women it is a lot less I would guess) and I receive a random message it freaks me out and I wonder why that guy is seeking a woman so much younger than him. For me it is a red flag and many women view it as such. Please keep that in mind. Best of luck to you.

Feb 16th 2013 new

(Quote) Jane-933948 said: I can agree to a degree as well. For many --not all-- certain people look for the beauty and slim ...
(Quote) Jane-933948 said:

I can agree to a degree as well. For many --not all-- certain people look for the beauty and slim and rich etc....every single day I have to check peoples photo ID, and many many times, they appear better looking in person---or they appear better looking in their picture. Some people know how to BE photogenic and some people just are not. And in my experience here and in life many things are not what they appear. As for myself over the past year I have gained weight, so I am working on getting that off. I used to be athletic and in shape. I prefer it that way..that's just me. However I am built in such a way that I will never be petite. Many men like that so??? You really need to talk on the phone and in person to really know the person. Sometimes people are shy and awkward and you just have to weed through to get to the blossom. Jaime you will find comfort and support here these CM's are terrific!

--hide--

I think a lot of us tend to blame our lack of success on what we see as our weaknesses.. When I came on here my weight was hovering near 200 pounds, so I blamed it on that.. Three years later I was wearing size 12's that were loose on me.. It made no difference at all in the amount of contacts I was getting.. The only difference was when men met me, they did a 'Wow, you really look good." but it made no difference in success in the long run.. I'm still here.. My weight has jumped back a little.. But I know now that it wasn't the weight.. My best friend says it's because the man for me just isn't ready yet.. The realization of that made me calmer. It just can't be rushed.

Feb 16th 2013 new
(Quote) Donna-83441 said: I think a lot of us tend to blame our lack of success on what we see as our weaknesses.. When I came...
(Quote) Donna-83441 said:

I think a lot of us tend to blame our lack of success on what we see as our weaknesses.. When I came on here my weight was hovering near 200 pounds, so I blamed it on that.. Three years later I was wearing size 12's that were loose on me.. It made no difference at all in the amount of contacts I was getting.. The only difference was when men met me, they did a 'Wow, you really look good." but it made no difference in success in the long run.. I'm still here.. My weight has jumped back a little.. But I know now that it wasn't the weight.. My best friend says it's because the man for me just isn't ready yet.. The realization of that made me calmer. It just can't be rushed.

--hide--
You have a good friend Donna. I have sisters like that. Eileen
Posts 1 - 10 of 77