Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

error: Forum not initialized properly! Please check the link and try again.

error: Forum not initialized properly! Please check the link and try again.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Feb 16th 2013 new

(Quote) Al-939544 said: Brenda though there does need to be a physical attraction and physical appearance does plays a role ...
(Quote) Al-939544 said:

Brenda though there does need to be a physical attraction and physical appearance does plays a role in that part of the relationship.

--hide--

I know 4 men who are blind and have found SO's online.. 3 of them are from here.. Maybe they know something the rest of y'all don't..

Feb 16th 2013 new

(Quote) Donna-83441 said: I know 4 men who are blind and have found SO's online.. 3 of them are from here.....
(Quote) Donna-83441 said:

I know 4 men who are blind and have found SO's online.. 3 of them are from here.. Maybe they know something the rest of y'all don't..

--hide--
Donna, what's "SO's"?

Feb 16th 2013 new

(Quote) Kahirup-898887 said: Donna, what's "SO's"?
(Quote) Kahirup-898887 said:

Donna, what's "SO's"?

--hide--

Signigficant Other.. One couple isn't married they are dating so I didn't want to say they met their spouse..

Feb 16th 2013 new

(Quote) Kahirup-898887 said: So here's a question for all the ladies: "what's the right approach to get y&#...
(Quote) Kahirup-898887 said:

So here's a question for all the ladies: "what's the right approach to get y'all's attention?" I've sent emotigrams that range from a simple hi, a mention of something specific/interesting in her profile/pictures, sent compliments, and even a direct statement expressing my interest. To my dismay, very few even acknowledged the message. What's more interesting is the fact that I've seen some of these women posting on threads bemoaning the lack of interest they're getting from the men on this site. What's a man to do? I wish y'all ladies can explain further or cite specific examples of what we guys need to do to catch your fancy. Admittedly I am no Abercrombie and Fitch model, nor do I come close to looking like Brad Pitt, but is there some way an average guy can have a chance to even get to know a lady that catches his fancy? I would love to hear what the women have to say.

--hide--

I've always made it my practice to respond, but I have plenty that don't respond to me... It used to bother me at the beginning, but now I figure it's their loss..

Feb 17th 2013 new

hi Jamie!

Goodness I am going through the SAME THING! I'm not sure exactly why dating sites can be so frustrating... but hang in there. I think everyone goes through this. Not sure why.. but once God let's you see what your vocation is.. or who your wife will be... all the suffering will seem like NOTHING. All of your suffering is not going to waste. God Bless

Feb 17th 2013 new

I have to admit, sometimes I judge a book by it's cover, but that is only because I know I get judged by my cover. But there are issues for both men and women. I got a message from a guy, started to talk to him, thought there was a connection going and then he tells me that he only joing because his parents made him. But we have to be patient. God has something in store for each one of us. I know I struggle with remembering that all the time.

Feb 17th 2013 new

Jaime,

I think that you would certainly improve your chances of a positive response if your messages include basic and proper punctuation and sentence structure. The punctuation doesn't need to be perfect, but it should be sufficient to make your messages easier to read and understand. If this is something with which you need help, consider working with a tutor for a few sessions to improve those skills.

Just my thoughts.

Goo luck!

Ed

Feb 17th 2013 new

Oops!.... Of course that should be... "Good luck!".

Feb 17th 2013 new

Hi Jaime

How are you?

I have been on SEVERAL sites...eHarmony, Match, plentyoffish, zoosk, Catholic Singles and CM...most I have re subscribed, over the last 10 years.

I have thought about this a lot.

I think that there are some different things to think about:

First of all, do you REALLY want to find the ONE, are you really ready? Do you have room in your life? Sometimes I think we are so desperate, we go online. I personally think MANY men on here (and prob. some women) are simply curious, they want to "SEE" what's out there, it's just for fun....

Secondly, I think we all need to be realistic. We all want the perfect ONE...but, look at us! We are not perfect, we have to step down a few notches and be realistic.

Thirdly, I believe we are attracted to a "TYPE" sometimes we need to look past that...change our ethnicity requirement, or height...or distance, we might be missing out on something or someone!

Lastly, It's not up to us. LET GO AND LET GOD! There are A LOT of single people on this site....if we cannot find the one, I think we need to let it go, God will provide.

I have been waiting a long time. I have learned a lot about myself and the past four check points I've mentioned. I have done ALL of these things. I am still single, so I have to believe, it's still not my time. :)

God Bless and LET GO AND LET GOD

:)

Feb 17th 2013 new

Hi Donna!

I sent this message last night but realized this morning that I didn't reply to one of your messages so most likely you didn't realize I had sent it. Ooops - I'm new to the forums!!

Now for my question:

Is there or has there ever been a Canadian CM event? I live on the East Coast and there are only 7 men in my area!! (Unfortunately they are either non-subscribers or they aren't interested as it's been impossible to connect with them )

I'd LOVE to meet a good Catholic man. Any takers?!!

Posts 41 - 50 of 77