Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Devoted to discussion pertaining to those issues which are specifically relevant to people 45+. Topics must have a specific perspective of people in this age group for it to be on topic.

The story of Abraham and Sarah is told in chapters 11-25 of the book of Genesis.
Learn More:Abraham & Sarah

Sometimes, when there is so much need in the world, I feel pretensious and selfish to pray for my own needs. More than asking God to bring new people into my life, I find myself just being grateful for the relationships I have and trusting and accepting that, despite the circumstances of being alone as I get older, that I am not really alone. I find myself asking for forgiveness and for the strength to accept myself as a child of God -- as we all are.

I am wondering what we should pray for on a site like this -- a place where we share, pray, hope and dream? Thanks in advance for your kind words and thoughts.

Feb 15th 2013 new

Many years ago, I stopped praying for anything in particular: just to recognize God's will and have the courage to carry it out.

"Take, O Lord, and receive my entire liberty, my memory, my understanding, and my whole will. All that I am and all that I possess You have given to me. I surrender it all to You to be disposed of accordingn to Your Will.
Give me only Your Love and Your Grace. With these I will be rich enough and will desire nothing more."
-- St. Ignatius Loyola

Feb 15th 2013 new

That said, when I am going to meet someone new who is a potential for friendship (or better) I pray for a spirit of kindness and charity towards him.

Feb 15th 2013 new

Many if not most people do find it hard to pray for our own needs and much easier to pray for peace on earth and the needs of everyone else. paper bag Since we host God`s Holy Spirit, our lives are as precious to God as anyone else's. It is a right and a duty to pray for ourselves, out of love; love for our selves, but especially, love for God who gave us our lives and the free will to chose whether or not to enter into a relationship with him via prayer. Praying It is not easy to spend time in prayer, admitting to God all downfalls but expecially or desires and needs, all the things we would like to have and achieve. Yet, in Scriptures we are told in so many ways that we should 'knock' on God`s door, 'beg' for our 'scraps', request and advocate for our selves. Celebrate your life by entering into a full and honest relationship with God by facing the truth about yourself. theheart

Feb 15th 2013 new

(Quote) Dennis-944077 said: Sometimes, when there is so much need in the world, I feel pretensious and selfish to pray for m...
(Quote) Dennis-944077 said:

Sometimes, when there is so much need in the world, I feel pretensious and selfish to pray for my own needs. More than asking God to bring new people into my life, I find myself just being grateful for the relationships I have and trusting and accepting that, despite the circumstances of being alone as I get older, that I am not really alone. I find myself asking for forgiveness and for the strength to accept myself as a child of God -- as we all are.

I am wondering what we should pray for on a site like this -- a place where we share, pray, hope and dream? Thanks in advance for your kind words and thoughts.

--hide--
God knows all your needs! and you are right, we are not alone. God is a loving God, he is our dear Dad, who protects and loves us so much!

Feb 18th 2013 new

Dennis,

What a sweet man you are, it is incredibly unselfish for you to even grapple with this. I believe we are God's temples on earth and he expects us to take care of his property. Taking care of yourself by praying for companionship is not selfish, and obviously you are self-less for even asking. I am not surprised that you do have good friends, but let's face it, it is not the same as a companion in most cases. Keep sending out vibes that are open and non judgmental and I'm sure there are lots of women in your area that will pick up on them. I regret that a very sweet man from my church sent me vibes - and if I had picked up on it when he had we would have connected. Sometimes, I get so busy with my life and responsibilities that I am impervious to picking up anything but my feet! Figure there are lots of women like me and that you may have to not take it personally if they don't get it the first few hints around. I would say most women are always flattered that a man notices them, especially as we get older! So, I'm sure you can come up with your own personal prayer from here, blessings,

Feb 18th 2013 new
(Quote) Dennis-944077 said: Sometimes, when there is so much need in the world, I feel pretensious and selfish to pray for my own needs. M...

--hide--
Here is an example of how I pray... Dear Father, here I am again. I find that I have so much to be thankful for. You placed me in fertile soil, given me great parents who had good friends, and all who nurtured me. Please help me to live up to all that you have given me. I am like the boy at the sermon... Please take my two fish and five loaves which seem so meager and make of them a great feast. Please fill me, like the woman at the well with YOU! Please give me the promises that you have given me like you did Simeon at the temple when Jesus finally appeared. Please, help me to NOT be like Sarah, Abrahams wife, and take things into my own hands hastily. Please bless those who are ready and able with loving relationships. Help them be wonderful examples of your love to the world. Help those who are dating so that they will have your wisdom, and strength as they discern Your will upon their lives and with each other. In the mean time Father help me embrace each day as it is. Help me see it as another opportunity to love you better through those you place in my path. Help me grow in all the ways that you require of me. Prepare me for the vocation you have for me as I wait. Please bless the men that have crossed my path. Fill their hearts, help their faith, their health, and their relationships with their families, bless the work of their hands and help them grow in You. Heal us all where we are broken and let our light shine brightly of the light that we bear which is You. I ask all of this in Jesus name amen
Feb 18th 2013 new

(Quote) Loretta-678584 said:. Heal us all where we are broken and let our light shine brightly of the light that we bear which is Y...
(Quote) Loretta-678584 said:. Heal us all where we are broken and let our light shine brightly of the light that we bear which is You. I ask all of this in Jesus name amen
--hide--

This is beautiful. Thank you. Dennis.

Feb 18th 2013 new
(Quote) Dennis-944077 said: This is beautiful. Thank you. Dennis.

This is beautiful. Thank you. Dennis.

--hide--
you are welcome... God bless You and your family
Feb 19th 2013 new

Like the others have written, I too believe in asking God and telling him of my needs. I am his daughter. He created me because he loves me, and like us, he too wanted companionship. He wants us to need him, to seek him and talk to him. For me prayer is talking to him, like talking to a father. I talk of my loneliness and me wanting companionship. I ask him for guidance and to lead me to the man who will complete me. I ask him to show me his will in this area of my life and I ask for abundance because as his princess, I know that this pleases him. I also thank him for my present state as all that has happened in my life builds and sanctifies me. I pray for the man who will be my soul mate and I ask that the Lord bless Him and prepare him and that we meet at the right time. And I pray for other man and woman seeking partners that God keep them in his palms and bless them.

God Bless each one of us smile

Posts 1 - 10 of 21