Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Devoted to discussion pertaining to those issues which are specifically relevant to people 45+. Topics must have a specific perspective of people in this age group for it to be on topic.

The story of Abraham and Sarah is told in chapters 11-25 of the book of Genesis.
Learn More:Abraham & Sarah

02/19/2013 new

(Quote) Marge-938695 said: Many years ago, I stopped praying for anything in particular: just to recognize God's will and have ...
(Quote) Marge-938695 said: Many years ago, I stopped praying for anything in particular: just to recognize God's will and have the courage to carry it out. "Take, O Lord, and receive my entire liberty, my memory, my understanding, and my whole will. All that I am and all that I possess You have given to me. I surrender it all to You to be disposed of accordingn to Your Will.
Give me only Your Love and Your Grace. With these I will be rich enough and will desire nothing more."
-- St. Ignatius Loyola
--hide--

I am posting this prayer above my desk so that I can repeat it throughout the day. I needed this beautiful prayer for the past several days. Thank you for posting it.

02/19/2013 new

(Quote) Dennis-944077 said: I am wondering what we should pray for on a site like this -- a place where we share, pray, hope...
(Quote) Dennis-944077 said:

I am wondering what we should pray for on a site like this -- a place where we share, pray, hope and dream? Thanks in advance for your kind words and thoughts.

--hide--
I am starting to realize that my prayers are probably appropriate, but my underlying negative cognitions may be what is blocking my success. In other words, what I say to God is honest and sincere, but my message to myself is self-defeating. For instance, my friend asked me recently how my experience on Catholic Match was going. The first words out of my mouth were, "I don't want to get my heart broken." My dear friend pointed out to me that I was coming from a negative place. (At what point did I start saying "I don't" when I should be working toward saying "I do"?)

Then Dennis, in another thread you asked what women in this age group thought of men with young children. I said I love kids, but I don't have the energy for that, my life is too busy. There is the "I don't" again. Oh Catholic Match friends, you are functioning as my group therapy!

02/20/2013 new

[quote]Margo-404841 said:

Oh Catholic Match friends, you are functioning as my group therapy!

Well, I see it more like a community of souls searching for fulfillment in faith and in love. It's only natural to build walls around a broken heart and it takes a lot of courage to see why they are there -- real or imagined. CM may not be the place to find the "perfect" match, as I am learning from reading on many of the forums, but it is a place to start examining our hearts and maybe taking down a wall or two.

02/20/2013 new

(Quote) Dennis-944077 said: (Quote) Margo-404841 said: Oh Catholic Match friends, you are functioning...

[quote]Margo-404841 said:

Oh Catholic Match friends, you are functioning as my group therapy!

Well, I see it more like a community of souls searching for fulfillment in faith and in love. It's only natural to build walls around a broken heart and it takes a lot of courage to see why they are there -- real or imagined. CM may not be the place to find the "perfect" match, as I am learning from reading on many of the forums, but it is a place to start examining our hearts and maybe taking down a wall or two.

--hide--

Amen to both of you.

02/20/2013 new

(Quote) Beverly-936499 said: Amen to both of you.
(Quote) Beverly-936499 said:

Amen to both of you.

--hide--
hug hersheyskiss

03/12/2013 new

"Heavenly Father through Lord Jesus in unity with the Holy Spirit, if my plans fit your blueprint, may it be done according to thy Will! Amen!"

03/22/2013 new

(Quote) Pauline-931463 said: Like the others have written, I too believe in asking God and telling him of my needs. I am his...
(Quote) Pauline-931463 said:

Like the others have written, I too believe in asking God and telling him of my needs. I am his daughter. He created me because he loves me, and like us, he too wanted companionship. He wants us to need him, to seek him and talk to him. For me prayer is talking to him, like talking to a father. I talk of my loneliness and me wanting companionship. I ask him for guidance and to lead me to the man who will complete me. I ask him to show me his will in this area of my life and I ask for abundance because as his princess, I know that this pleases him. I also thank him for my present state as all that has happened in my life builds and sanctifies me. I pray for the man who will be my soul mate and I ask that the Lord bless Him and prepare him and that we meet at the right time. And I pray for other man and woman seeking partners that God keep them in his palms and bless them.

God Bless each one of us

--hide--

03/22/2013 new

(Quote) Pauline-931463 said: Like the others have written, I too believe in asking God and telling him of my needs. I am his...
(Quote) Pauline-931463 said:

Like the others have written, I too believe in asking God and telling him of my needs. I am his daughter. He created me because he loves me, and like us, he too wanted companionship. He wants us to need him, to seek him and talk to him. For me prayer is talking to him, like talking to a father. I talk of my loneliness and me wanting companionship. I ask him for guidance and to lead me to the man who will complete me. I ask him to show me his will in this area of my life and I ask for abundance because as his princess, I know that this pleases him. I also thank him for my present state as all that has happened in my life builds and sanctifies me. I pray for the man who will be my soul mate and I ask that the Lord bless Him and prepare him and that we meet at the right time. And I pray for other man and woman seeking partners that God keep them in his palms and bless them.

God Bless each one of us

--hide--

03/22/2013 new

I always pray for my needs... ! I am her daughter!

Faith, Hope and Charity...

03/22/2013 new

(Quote) Dennis-944077 said: Sometimes, when there is so much need in the world, I feel pretensious and selfish to pray for m...

Sometimes, when there is so much need in the world, I feel pretensious and selfish to pray for my own needs. More than asking God to bring new people into my life, I find myself just being grateful for the relationships I have and trusting and accepting that, despite the circumstances of being alone as I get older, that I am not really alone. I find myself asking for forgiveness and for the strength to accept myself as a child of God -- as we all are.

I am wondering what we should pray for on a site like this -- a place where we share, pray, hope and dream? Thanks in advance for your kind words and thoughts.

--hide--

I have to say that I do not do formal prayers (except for Novenas at times and the Rosary) and pray to Him m as I would talk to my friends. Thanking Him, telling Him He's great and at other tmes when things are not exactly going right in my life, I tell Him I wouldn't treat someone I love like this, yet I know you are God and I am not so help me see what I am seeing through this situation.

I think over the years I have come to pray for the people specificially on the site when I have watched them on the forums and what there needs are.

We also have a Tele-Rosary conference call on Sunday & Tuesday nights that brings a small community together praying for our own intentions as well as CM's community.

Posts 11 - 20 of 21