Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

I think the Interview is a great tool for finding out a little bit more about the way a person thinks and feels, but it doesn't seem that many people use them.

Do you have an Interview? If not, why not?

Feb 15th 2013 new
I currently don't have an interview. I have recently wanted to do so but there has been a lot going on and not enough time to put some good thought into what I would like to ask and more important what choices I want to offer!
Feb 15th 2013 new

(Quote) Marge-938695 said:..."Do you have an Interview? If not, why not?"
(Quote) Marge-938695 said:

..."Do you have an Interview? If not, why not?"

--hide--

I have thought long and hard to create my own interview questions. So far I only 4 of the recommended 5. I am still thinking of at least one more good interview question. I personally do not like the canned, unimaginative, generic questions that are in most interviews. To me, boring questions = boring person. I know that most will never read my witty interview questions. I do wish that there was a little more flexibility to the number of answers instead of the maximum of 5 or at least a space provided to explain your answer in detail.

Feb 16th 2013 new

I love the interview feature! It's always one of the things I look for on a profile. Creative interviews are the best! However, sometimes the questions are very personal, which may make me uncomfortable. Other times, the answers are too limited and none of the multiple choices express my desired response. Nevertheless, I can almost never resist taking an interview on a profile I view!

Feb 16th 2013 new

(Quote) Brett-848238 said: I have thought long and hard to create my own interview questions. So far I only 4 of th...
(Quote) Brett-848238 said:

I have thought long and hard to create my own interview questions. So far I only 4 of the recommended 5. I am still thinking of at least one more good interview question. I personally do not like the canned, unimaginative, generic questions that are in most interviews. To me, boring questions = boring person. I know that most will never read my witty interview questions. I do wish that there was a little more flexibility to the number of answers instead of the maximum of 5 or at least a space provided to explain your answer in detail.

--hide--

Brett, I believe the maxium is 20 , I have 13 currently.

When they reorganized the profile setup, ( only a few months ago) I've heard less about the Interview in general.
In the past you could See the questions openly and now you have to click on that area.
Generally when I read a New profile, I forget about it also.

After I talk to someone a while, I then envite them to take the Interview!
I have found the creative questions to be very useful

Feb 16th 2013 new

20 questions total with 5 answers each.

Feb 16th 2013 new

I wish more people would have interviews since I think it is a great tool to use!

Feb 17th 2013 new

I've tried, but I still don't like the interview feature. The answers are often way too limiting. Every question ought to have "none of the above" as an option. Better yet, an essay section! That you have to finish the whole thing, you can't skip any questions or come back to it, is absurd.

Feb 17th 2013 new

"None of the above" or "ask me directly" or something would be a good thing, but it seems that most folks don't think to offer the choice.

I'd also like the ability to skip over a question that doesn't apply to me.

But I suspect there is no essay question so that one party can email the other with a "why'd you choose that?" or "here's what I meant" essay. It would get the dialogue started.

Feb 21st 2013 new
(Quote) Marge-938695 said: I think the Interview is a great tool for finding out a little bit more about the way a person thinks and feels...
(Quote) Marge-938695 said:

I think the Interview is a great tool for finding out a little bit more about the way a person thinks and feels, but it doesn't seem that many people use them.

Do you have an Interview? If not, why not?

--hide--
I do have them and I think they are a great way to break the ice with someone
Posts 1 - 10 of 11