Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

error: Post not found or unavailable

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Feb 21st 2013 new
(Quote) Mari-207640 said: I recenty read the below online article .... and realized it...
(Quote) Mari-207640 said:

I recenty read the below online article .... and realized its true. What do you think ?

"What I found was that we're living in a post-dating world.

The lost art of offline dating

The happy couples I talked to had not met and immediately started dating. Instead, they connected in more natural -- and yes, ambiguous -- settings. They played on the same volleyball team or were co-workers on a political campaign. Or they hung out in the same social group or were friends for years before getting intimately involved or got intimately involved right off the bat with no initial relationship plans. Or they met each other while living in different parts of the country and got to know each other via Facebook or Gchat before committing to full-on romances.

Instead of going on explicit dates, they had tested the romantic waters, moved in and out of gray areas, and used technology to explore the various aspects of their connection before putting labels or expectations on their relationship.

This romantic ambiguity was also reflected in my conversations with people who were single. Asked to define their romantic status, they gave me answers like, "Well, it's sort of up in the air ..." and "It's really complicated! How much time do you have?" and "I would define it as, hmm, dating? Ish? Dating-ish?"

Online dating and a formula for love

Single people weren't dating, and young couples who had fallen in love hadn't gotten to that point through dating.

Yes, there were men and women who bemoaned the death of dating. They yearned for the straightforward clarity of an earlier era where gender roles were obvious and technology didn't play such a central role. Then they wouldn't have to deal with the ambiguity of e-mails or the unclear signals of text messages. They wouldn't have to overanalyze every word and interaction. "

--hide--
In general, I have encountered better quality men via the online venues than I have been able to interact with in real life situations. As a young girl I talked to very few young men. As a grown woman I have talked to more men in the past few years than I have in my entire youth. I have learned alot about them and myself. God has lots of wonderful men out there and timing is a huge factor among many factors. I love my friends and family but they don't all have a level of faith that I would count on in leading me to a man that I could be evenly yoked with in faith. I am sure that I could meet men to have a nice dinner with, go to a local event with, or just have some fun but I am looking for more than just a night out and about. I don't discount men that I encounter in the real world though. God works in mysterious ways. I just try to stay open to the men that cross my path so that I can learn from them and they from me and encourage each other as we walk through this journey of life.
Posts 21 - 21 of 21