Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

03/13/2013 new
So true Naomi
03/13/2013 new

(Quote) Naomi-825244 said: I don't know that it matters which comes first: freindship or romance. But I think they are b...
(Quote) Naomi-825244 said:

I don't know that it matters which comes first: freindship or romance. But I think they are both necessary. I ain't gonna marry you unless I think you can be my best friend.

--hide--

Absolutely!!! rose

03/13/2013 new
Well said, I agree! (boy answering forum from mobile site via kindle I'm all thumbs!)
03/15/2013 new
How does a man be romantic when he meets a woman online and not creepy? I get self-conscious about coming on too strong or not being strong enough.

What is a happy medium?
03/17/2013 new

Yeah, what John said. Somebody tell ME that answer, too!!

03/17/2013 new

Personally, I don't want "romantic", esp. online.

I want facts, cordiality, consideration. With shared values and a shared interest or two (and some luck), those will blossom into friendship.

The romance comes once the friendship is well established and you realize that this relationship is super-important to you.

Romance is the icing on the cake of friendship.

03/17/2013 new

I don't think you have to be friends first. With my late husband, the minute I laid eyes on him I sensed a connection and attraction, and soon found we had a lot of chemistry together. We went on to have a wonderful twenty-year marriage.

Kate

03/17/2013 new

(Quote) John-220051 said: How does a man be romantic when he meets a woman online and not creepy? I get self-conscious about coming...
(Quote) John-220051 said: How does a man be romantic when he meets a woman online and not creepy? I get self-conscious about coming on too strong or not being strong enough.

What is a happy medium?
--hide--

John, you bring up a good point - I wish I had an answer for you.

03/17/2013 new

(Quote) John-220051 said: How does a man be romantic when he meets a woman online and not creepy? I get self-conscious about coming...
(Quote) John-220051 said: How does a man be romantic when he meets a woman online and not creepy? I get self-conscious about coming on too strong or not being strong enough.

What is a happy medium?
--hide--

John, I suggest that you just tell the woman honestly what you are thinking when you read her profile and express interest. She'll know what to do if the thoughts are mutual. Then, be there for her, commit to communicating daily in time and when it's reciprocated, communicate often during the day. A woman needs to feel secure over time that she is the most special woman in the world to you and that you wouldn't think of hurting her but only want the best for her. Women who have a healthy self-esteem won't settle for anything else because it will not make for a happy relationship or perspective marriage. Don't wait too long before meeting because you have to see if you have that spark of attraction. Hope this helps. Jeannie

03/17/2013 new

Jeannie,

You said that so well!

Posts 51 - 60 of 61