Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

Feb 15th 2013 new

This is way beyond ridiculous. Who made this nonsense?

Feb 15th 2013 new

Nice bit of antisemitism - the prosecutor has a Jewish name.

Nice bit of antiseminism - look at that judge!

How did they manage to ignore several key provisions the US Constitution?

Feb 15th 2013 new

(Quote) David-364112 said: Nice bit of antisemitism - the prosecutor has a Jewish name. Nice bit of antiseminism ...
(Quote) David-364112 said:

Nice bit of antisemitism - the prosecutor has a Jewish name.

Nice bit of antiseminism - look at that judge!

How did they manage to ignore several key provisions the US Constitution?

--hide--

Hello David, I got it from my Parish back home!! I did not know it was not so good!! sorry, but well, I think it is good to see what is being said and how things are done!!!

Feb 15th 2013 new

(Quote) Sonsoles-496426 said: Hello David, I got it from my Parish back home!! I did not know it was not so good!! ...
(Quote) Sonsoles-496426 said:

Hello David, I got it from my Parish back home!! I did not know it was not so good!! sorry, but well, I think it is good to see what is being said and how things are done!!!

--hide--

I feel sorry for the poor star, but the premise and execution were, well offbase and amateurish to say the least. Looks like it was made by some college students.

Someday perhaps it will be a crime to be Catholic. If so, I hope to be alive then. God never promised us an easy way. But we need only love him and have faith. Right?

Feb 16th 2013 new

(Quote) David-364112 said: I feel sorry for the poor star, but the premise and execution were, well offbase and...
(Quote) David-364112 said:

I feel sorry for the poor star, but the premise and execution were, well offbase and amateurish to say the least. Looks like it was made by some college students.

Someday perhaps it will be a crime to be Catholic. If so, I hope to be alive then. God never promised us an easy way. But we need only love him and have faith. Right?

--hide--

You are right David!!! I think I should change the title for my post and keep it Evidence and thats it!!! It made me think that Christians are always persecuted. Today at school one boy told a girl it was the Catholic's fault that today we did not get meat for lunch, they girl found it very offensive of course...

Feb 16th 2013 new

I didn't find it ridiculous at all..There are a lot of Catholics who believe that their parents being Catholic make them Catholic also without the works and prayer life that we are called to do as Catholics. It is particularly rampant in other countries.. In Italy you have some of the most beautiful churches in the world, yet they are mostly empty on Sunday except for the tourists.. But if you ask the average Italian what their religious affiliation is they will tell you Catholic. Catholic is a heritage to them but not a practice. I hear that Catholicism has been embraced in South Korea on a level of religious fanaticism.

Of course the video has the look of a college film school production..In all liklihood that's exactly what it is.. But is that a bad thing if you are going to impress on your peers that you are called to do more as Catholics than simply follow your parents?

Feb 16th 2013 new

(Quote) Sonsoles-496426 said: You are right David!!! I think I should change the title for my post and keep it Evidence and ...
(Quote) Sonsoles-496426 said:

You are right David!!! I think I should change the title for my post and keep it Evidence and thats it!!! It made me think that Christians are always persecuted. Today at school one boy told a girl it was the Catholic's fault that today we did not get meat for lunch, they girl found it very offensive of course...

--hide--

That little boy probably hears this sort of sentiment at home. You're doing good work in that school. Hope you're not too lonely being so far away from family and friends and GOOD food.

Feb 16th 2013 new

I'll take this video as a reminder of what being a Catholic means. It surely didn't cover all bases, but it did serve its purpose. I personally feel the video intends not to prosecute/persecute Catholics, but remind them of what it is to be one.

Feb 16th 2013 new

Hmmm, they left out the part about the incense into the 0bamacare fire.....

Posts 1 - 10 of 15