Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: You must sign in before expressing interest in this event.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Devoted to discussion pertaining to those issues which are specifically relevant to people under 45. Topics must have a specific perspective of people in this age group for it to be on topic.

Frassati was dedicated to works of social action, charity, prayer and community.
Learn More:Pier Giorgio Frassati

I have a question for all of you guys out there....why can't I find a decent, single Catholic guy? How come they don't exist?

Feb 16th 2013 new
(Quote) Bridget-915414 said: I have a question for all of you guys out there....why can't I find a decent, single Catholic guy? How c...
(Quote) Bridget-915414 said:

I have a question for all of you guys out there....why can't I find a decent, single Catholic guy? How come they don't exist?

--hide--

One reason is abortion. 55 million Americans have been killed that way since 1973, more than in all the wars we have ever fought. It's one of the most obvious answers for me. Contraception has prevented innumerable babies from being born. It makes a difference; our choices have consequences-- sometimes for others. I keep asking God why He will not send someone for me, and one answer I keep hearing is, "She's gone."
Feb 16th 2013 new

Er..Andrew? If they were good, decent, CATHOLIC guys, then they most likely have good, decent CATHOLIC parents. This means that they are following Church doctrine and abortion is way out. So, um, no. They aren't all dead.

Rather, I think it's due to the constant hypocrisy that I see every day in the American Church. I refuse to go to the Catholic church that is literally down the street from me due to the priest not acknowledging some rather basic catechism and saying he had the "freedom to give the Eucharist" to whomever he wished. It seriously made me think about leaving the Church altogether except that I know what the Pope is preaching and what that parish priest is preaching are two very separate things - and in there lies a huge issue.

Given the hypocrisy, I believe that that is the reason many people are leaving the Church. It also makes it hard to find the guys that are good and decent.

Feb 16th 2013 new

We are out there, I am searching for a decent Catholic woman myself. As I type I am listening to "How do I get to 'I do'" on Catholic Answers. It was an episode aired Feb 8. SO far i have enjoyed it. You can download the podcast or from their website catholic.com

Feb 16th 2013 new

Where have all the good guys gone...? All we can do is hope, pray, and don't worry! crossfingers

Feb 17th 2013 new

(Quote) Bridget-915414 said: I have a question for all of you guys out there....why can't I find a decent, single Cathol...

--hide--

There are a lot of decent Catholic guys out there. Keep looking!

Feb 17th 2013 new

We, decent single Catholic guys, are out there. Keep looking, you'll find one of us you like. biggrin

Feb 17th 2013 new

(Quote) Elizabeth-384374 said: Er..Andrew? If they were good, decent, CATHOLIC guys, then they most likely have good, decent...
(Quote) Elizabeth-384374 said:

Er..Andrew? If they were good, decent, CATHOLIC guys, then they most likely have good, decent CATHOLIC parents. This means that they are following Church doctrine and abortion is way out. So, um, no. They aren't all dead.

--hide--
Yes and no Elizabeth! I think you forget those who would've been born in a non-catholic home but found their way to the mother church all by their own.

Feb 17th 2013 new

(Quote) Bridget-915414 said: I have a question for all of you guys out there....why can't I find a decent, single Cathol...

--hide--
We do exist, trust me. If I wanted to be mean I'd say that one need to sieve through a lot of mud to find a diamond, but I won't do that since no man is mud. Instead I will advice you to keep on living the word of God. By letting God's light shine through you good men will be attracted to you.

Feb 17th 2013 new

Sleeping and missing their opportunity laughing

Posts 1 - 10 of 196