Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Devoted to discussion pertaining to those issues which are specifically relevant to people under 45. Topics must have a specific perspective of people in this age group for it to be on topic.

Frassati was dedicated to works of social action, charity, prayer and community.
Learn More:Pier Giorgio Frassati

May 30th 2013 new
(quote) Bridget-915414 said: I have a question for all of you guys out there....why can't I find a decent, single Catholic guy? How come they don't exist?
I'm right here. Right Here!!! Pick me!!! Pick me!!!

Hahahaha...

Now, where are all the Single Catholic ladies in the Tampa area? Good Heavens! I've met the ones who are already "in a relationship" (often to non-annulled guys.) As a man who would not date until my annulment was recently granted, I'm calling FOUL!!

Rulebreakers!! irked

Michael
May 30th 2013 new
(quote) Carol-737878 said: Hi, Matthew,
Greetings from a transplant from Indianapolis!
Fr. Noah Casey at the Cathedral started an adult singles group open to anyone: never married, divorced, widowed. It seemed to be going along well until his health problems caused him to take a break. I suggest you contact the Family Life Office at the Catholic Center. Deb Van Velse can give you more info about what's happening around the Archdiocese. In fact, one of my friends on the Southside, farther south than you maybe, wanted to get a group going a couple of years ago but I haven't heard if it was successful
As far as Bible studies are concerned, look on the Ascension Press website to see if you can locate a Bible study in the Indpls. area that uses their materials. I know Christ the King & Joan of Arc were conducting studies in the evening regularly using these particular materials. Joan of Arc's pastor, Fr. Guy Roberts, usually led some very popular studies of his own to which people from all over the area were coming.
As far as getting something going in your own parish, your best bet would be to talk to the person in charge of adult faith formation & see what they tell you. Other people to contact might be the DRE, Pastoral Associate & the pastor, of course.
What about programs, retreats, etc. at Fatima Retreat House?
There are all kinds of resources available in the greater Indianapolis area. See what you can find that interests you. May God direct your steps in this important direction.
Thank you, you actually pointed out several things to look into!

The one you knew that wanted to get a group started, was that in Franklin by chance?
May 30th 2013 new
Hi mary,
I am with you! I also, "Pray, Hope & Don't Worry" St. Padre Pio!!!!!!!!!
May 31st 2013 new
(quote) Bridget-915414 said: I have a question for all of you guys out there....why can't I find a decent, single Catholic guy? How come they don't exist?
Because you complain and put us down, therefore setting up a standard of expecting all men to be failures. Self-fulfilling prophecy, and thus you deactivated your account. Better choice -- and I say this for the benefit of all the ladies who may agree with her, since she herself can't read this -- is to pray for God to sanctify the men that do exist, instead of wishing for something better than God is providing. That requires just terrible arrogance.

There are some men on here that are childish and downright ignorant and impious. There are also some rather awesome men whom I respect. Some men are jaded, and others are charitable.

The women on Catholic Match run the same gamut. There are some really good ones on here! I'm blessed to have been encouraged and make friends. Perhaps I'll even find a special "sacramental friend" as well! biggrin
May 31st 2013 new
There are many things that are true; I'm not for third-wave feminism at all. . . . it seems instead of equalizing the playing field so everyone treated others with respect, it leveled it for everyone to be disdained by the other sex. . .
May 31st 2013 new
(quote) Lynn-189934 said: There are many things that are true; I'm not for third-wave feminism at all. . . . it seems instead of equalizing the playing field so everyone treated others with respect, it leveled it for everyone to be disdained by the other sex. . .
You're so very right, Lynn!! I despise feminism myself. I, for one, am very traditional, and you're right, Lynn, it actually does everyone a disservice, particularly in the dating scene. I am old-fashioned, and believe that the gentlemen should take the lead, though I am not averse to sending messages/emotigrams myself so long as I'm not always the one initiating contact. wink

At any rate, Bridget, good Catholic guys are out there, you just have to pray that God will send you one! biggrin I know it's hard being patient (believe me, I'm struggling with this right now!) but we have to trust that God knows what He is doing. All in His time! biggrin
May 31st 2013 new
Patience is a virtue!!!!
It will come and usually it will hit you up side the head when you aren't looking! Sometimes the hardest part of finding the right person is our own personal shyness. I am just as guilty. When I met my late wife in college, she was the one who asked a friend of hers to find me and ask me if I would like to talk to her. We both had that "look" in our eyes a few days before when we met through mutual friends but we were both too shy to say something. Sometimes our culture says that the man has to be the first to ask out the woman. Women have a voice too, sometimes it is silent and the man will never notice. "Speak Up" But, for a man who has been the emotional roller coaster of relationships and heartbreak it is hard for them to speak up again for fear of denial. But, the way to look at it, (now that I am a lot older) is that the worst thing that will happen, is that the person will just say no. At that point you are no worse off than you were before. Just get back up in the saddle and keep going. The day that you can't get back in the saddle is the day that you need to quit the field. Sometimes you don't have the choice to give up and you just have to keep trudging along.
Tom
May 31st 2013 new
Thanks for sharing your good thoughts & recommendations, Gary & Tom! Both of you are young but have acquired wisdom. I pray you each find the woman out there who will be your spiritual companion and lifelong love. Praying theheart
May 31st 2013 new
I feel that my life experiences have made an old man of me. If you could put all of the stuff that I have been through and try to match it up with someone else, you more than likely would have to look at a range from the Vietnam Veterans clear up to the Korea and WW2 vets. I have 18 years in the military and have experienced one of the hardest things that anyone will ever experience, and that is to watch your spouse take their last breath. I was married to my wife for ten years one month and twenty days. The greatest gift she ever gave me was our son! She still lives through him. He has much of her temperment and will power. As far as the decent catholic guys go, they are still here, you just have to pay attention to who they are and where you meet them. You will pay dearly if you go looking in the bars. Go to church, that is where a lot of them are. Especially if you are in college!!!!!!
"A woman can get a man into enough trouble without religion being involved as it is". No offense ladies, just repeating what was told to me at one time. Keep the faith!
tom
May 31st 2013 new
(quote) Andrew-290721 said:

One reason is abortion. 55 million Americans have been killed that way since 1973, more than in all the wars we have ever fought. It's one of the most obvious answers for me. Contraception has prevented innumerable babies from being born. It makes a difference; our choices have consequences-- sometimes for others. I keep asking God why He will not send someone for me, and one answer I keep hearing is, "She's gone."
Andrew, what a moving thought.... sad It is probably true though...that's where our beloved are--people who would have been our friends, coworkers, spouse...
Posts 171 - 180 of 196