Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Devoted to discussion pertaining to those issues which are specifically relevant to people under 45. Topics must have a specific perspective of people in this age group for it to be on topic.

Frassati was dedicated to works of social action, charity, prayer and community.
Learn More:Pier Giorgio Frassati

May 31st 2013 new
(quote) Gary-936836 said: Because you complain and put us down, therefore setting up a standard of expecting all men to be failures. Self-fulfilling prophecy, and thus you deactivated your account. Better choice -- and I say this for the benefit of all the ladies who may agree with her, since she herself can't read this -- is to pray for God to sanctify the men that do exist, instead of wishing for something better than God is providing. That requires just terrible arrogance.

There are some men on here that are childish and downright ignorant and impious. There are also some rather awesome men whom I respect. Some men are jaded, and others are charitable.

The women on Catholic Match run the same gamut. There are some really good ones on here! I'm blessed to have been encouraged and make friends. Perhaps I'll even find a special "sacramental friend" as well!
Gary, you expressed that so well. Negativity brings the negative. Think the best and receive the best. Women can be inspirations and while we need to be careful who we marry (as do men--it's a permanent commitment after all), a critical attitude less than attractive or loving--from either gender.
Jun 1st 2013 new
Very true. I am not perfect, none of us are. Some of the responses I HAVE gotten on here have been bluntly honest on the things they do not like that they saw on my profile, such as I do not have a masters or bachelors degree. I am more in the line of thought that you should get to know people for who they are, as you never know what you may be missing out on!
Jun 1st 2013 new
Still here. :-)
Jun 1st 2013 new
(quote) Jerry-74383 said: One significant problem is that too many people are looking for what they want, not what God wants for them. Another is that there are far too many who may well be generally decent people and who in all sincerity consider themselves good Catholics, but who have in reality fallen victim to the modernistic agenda -- understandably, since they have been taught this by their parents and teachers, even many in Catholic schools. They claim to embrace the Catechism -- but only when they agree with it. When they don't, they refuse to even consider they may be wrong. These folks can't find what they consider to be decent Catholics because, of course, no one else's version of Catholicism quite matches their own. I must hasten to add that what I am discussing above are beliefs, not acts. We all, regardless of our beliefs, are sinners who fall quite frequently. Which is why we have Confession. But, let's face it, before one can do the right thing, they must first believe it is the right thing to do...
So well put, Jerry.
Jun 1st 2013 new
(quote) Matthew-972621 said: Very true. I am not perfect, none of us are. Some of the responses I HAVE gotten on here have been bluntly honest on the things they do not like that they saw on my profile, such as I do not have a masters or bachelors degree. I am more in the line of thought that you should get to know people for who they are, as you never know what you may be missing out on!
Matthew, your profile is very good I think. It is obvious you love your Faith. In light of your above statement, I just wanted to say...great profile. theheart
Jun 3rd 2013 new
(quote) Matthew-972621 said: Very true. I am not perfect, none of us are. Some of the responses I HAVE gotten on here have been bluntly honest on the things they do not like that they saw on my profile, such as I do not have a masters or bachelors degree. I am more in the line of thought that you should get to know people for who they are, as you never know what you may be missing out on!
I agree, entirely, Matthew. Many people in my area, or in my field of work, worked their way up to executive level positions and earn far more, etc. than those who have master degrees in other fields! This is ridiculous. As far as that goes, I also know that most people locally who didn't go to school with me guess me at far younger because I'm active and apparently they don't think I look my chronological age. . . sometimes online dating's "check boxes," when answering truthfully, get us screened out of someone's search or they won't consider us. One lady told me, "well, you're 41 and not married, have never been married, and never fathered any children. When I see that, I think you are one of the following: 1. Gay or struggling with same-sex attraction; 2. Backward socially or perhaps intellectually; 3. Promiscuous, abusive, a player, or a combination of these."

I was very unhappy with that response, but her claim is that many women feel that way once guys get to a certain age. Perhaps, instead, consider, that if a man went to a small college for most of his education, he was going to school with the same people from our area high schools, some men are related to over 50 percent of the population (me), and time out for the military AND for long-term serious relationships that for some reason didn't pan out. . . most of my dating has been for six months or more. . . . and at times, yes, I was too busy to date or didn't (i.e. the year I was mobilized, and for the six months before that, because I was on drill status daily for my unit after I left my job to accept another, and the day before I was to start, the offer was withdrawn---for financial reasons at the company, not because of me). Underemployed men should not be dating. :)

Anyway, all of us that are over 30 and not married and/or childless are for a variety of reasons. . . I was upset by the judgment call. It was tempting to tell her it was obvious why she was in the same boat at age 38. :D

Jun 4th 2013 new
Although I see the original poster isn't a member any more, I would suggest she or any woman looking for a guy check out the towns near larger cities or the small towns of America. I grew up in one of the largest cities in America but "fled" to the smaller towns because I found a sense of community in there that is captivating. I know my neighbors, have a wide circle of friends and a good church with a very "hometown" feel. Also, many of my friends and neighbors here are transplants like me.

The one trade-off, and I think I recall someone alluding to this, is that in the smaller towns where people were born together, raised together and schooled together, there also is a wider acceptance but also understandable fact that there are younger marriages (i.e. immediately after college). Someone like myself arriving on the scene after that fact will have some challenges.

If the poster decides to re-subscribe and read these posts, I would recommend she start going to church in some of the places away from the larger cities. Get to know the deacons and choir people who usually know the families in the parish and wouldn't be slighted in the least to meet a new visitor looking to meet someone. Then you'll find out at what time I usher at which Mass, where we like to go out after Mass and make a passel of new friends ... ;)
Jun 4th 2013 new
(quote) Tracy-929496 said: Bridget,

Please don't give up! Perseverance and patience is a virtue that has big payoffs in the end. For instance, my 29 year old son has broken up with the last several women he's dated because once they became serious, the Catholic faith issue (they were either non-practicing Catholics or something else) was too important for Chris to overlook. He's realized that couples have a hard enough time these days to build a successful marriage even WITH being of the same faith, let alone a practicing Catholic being married to a non-practicing one. I'm very proud of him sticking to his guns on this!

There ARE good, decent Catholic men 'out there'. Just don't looking in the wrong places. Spend much time in prayer, especially before the Blessed Sacrament. Jesus loves for us ask Him for things...and loves even more to GIVE them to us! You're a very pretty girl. Your Prince Charming is looking around for you, too. He's probably wondering the same thing..."Where are all the good Catholic girls?!?!"

Keep smiling and trusting in the good Lord's Plan for your life. It WILL be OK, dear.

Peace, Tracy
Tracy,

Yes, WHERE ARE ALL THE GOOD, CATHOLIC GIRLS!??! I guess they all want guys who are "clean slates"...? Shall I just give up now on the notion of ever finding someone here who wants to share my active lifestyle and also have children?

My membership here has been a blessing, but I'm not getting replies from local women. Sometimes I question whether to renew. I'm attractive, very fit, and have a reasonably good/stable career. I am a new Catholic, having joined a number of months after my divorce, but practice my faith better than many cradle Catholics (ask my priest.) On the surface, there are no marks against me other than that I've been married once before and have two children. No, those aren't insignificant, but that doesn't mean I don't want to be married--in a happy marriage this time--or want more children...or that I am incapable of being the leader of a family (as I tried to be in my first marriage...but did not have support from my (now ex) wife)

There's a good guy right here, just seems like women are too chicken to get to know him. The world isn't a perfect place, and oftentimes difficult experiences prepare people for better things.

So, back to the question... Yes, there are some good guys out here. :-)

Michael
Jun 4th 2013 new
Well, I wish we had a "rural" setting on here for those who want to leave the asphalt jungles and come out to towns NEAR the city(ies), but not close enough to be impacted by the city life to the negative. I am not sure what is causing my big lack of interest by women within a few hours drive. . . . but yeah, I get lots of responses from Catholic women on other web sites, but not here. . . . that said, many of the NE Kansas users on here are traditional or a traditional splinter group and I'm not interested in being part of that culture. I've tried a website for rural folks, and many of the same city dwellers were on there that are on here. . .

I've been on this site off and on when I wasn't dating or involved since I joined the Church in 2007, and am disappointed with the lack of tight connections. . . .
Jun 4th 2013 new
We are in the monkey cave trying to figure out how the movie created the perfect woman. www.youtube.com
crazy us we're getting close! laughing
Posts 181 - 190 of 196