Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Devoted to discussion pertaining to those issues which are specifically relevant to people under 45. Topics must have a specific perspective of people in this age group for it to be on topic.

Frassati was dedicated to works of social action, charity, prayer and community.
Learn More:Pier Giorgio Frassati

Feb 18th 2013 new

LOL. I said the same a few comments down...

(Quote) Cheryl-409772 said: Oops, sorry wrong forum.
(Quote) Cheryl-409772 said:

Oops, sorry wrong forum.

--hide--

Feb 18th 2013 new

(Quote) Michael-222302 said: I could ask the same question about females in my area! You'd think a...
(Quote) Michael-222302 said:

I could ask the same question about females in my area! You'd think a catholic country like Ireland would have a lot of practicing catholic women but I'm beginning to think that they left around the same time as St Patrick got rid of the snakes!!

--hide--

laughing laughing laughing That was simply awesome. laughing laughing laughing

Feb 19th 2013 new

They took the last train for the coast.

Feb 19th 2013 new

(Quote) Bridget-915414 said: I have a question for all of you guys out there....why can't I find a decent, single Cathol...
(Quote) Bridget-915414 said:

I have a question for all of you guys out there....why can't I find a decent, single Catholic guy? How come they don't exist?

--hide--

We're all back east, wondering where all the good, single, Catholic women are! wink

Feb 19th 2013 new

I've seen similar threads before from both men and women alike. For anyone brave enough to answer, when the men say "We are here" is that more of a reassurance type thing or a "Hey, come look at my profile?" I'm just curious.

Feb 19th 2013 new

(Quote) Marita-847688 said: I've seen similar threads before from both men and women alike. For anyone brave enough to a...
(Quote) Marita-847688 said:

I've seen similar threads before from both men and women alike. For anyone brave enough to answer, when the men say "We are here" is that more of a reassurance type thing or a "Hey, come look at my profile?" I'm just curious.

--hide--

Either/or. I don't think there's any deep or great meaning in it.

Feb 19th 2013 new

(Quote) Marita-847688 said: I've seen similar threads before from both men and women alike. For anyone brave enough to a...

--hide--

I would honestly say a little bit of both (sometimes), although I might view her profile before posting anything. Seriously though don't give guys that much credit, we don't think that much about what we do.

Feb 19th 2013 new

(Quote) Bridget-915414 said: I have a question for all of you guys out there....why can't I find a decent, single Cathol...
(Quote) Bridget-915414 said:

I have a question for all of you guys out there....why can't I find a decent, single Catholic guy? How come they don't exist?

--hide--

try catholicmatch.com..... I have heard there are some there....

Feb 19th 2013 new

--hide--
the woman can take it which ever way she feels like it. No hidden meaning to it really.

Feb 19th 2013 new

(Quote) Jerry-74383 said: One significant problem is that too many people are looking for what they want, not what G...
(Quote) Jerry-74383 said:

One significant problem is that too many people are looking for what they want, not what God wants for them.

Another is that there are far too many who may well be generally decent people and who in all sincerity consider themselves good Catholics, but who have in reality fallen victim to the modernistic agenda -- understandably, since they have been taught this by their parents and teachers, even many in Catholic schools. They claim to embrace the Catechism -- but only when they agree with it. When they don't, they refuse to even consider they may be wrong. These folks can't find what they consider to be decent Catholics because, of course, no one else's version of Catholicism quite matches their own.

I must hasten to add that what I am discussing above are beliefs, not acts. We all, regardless of our beliefs, are sinners who fall quite frequently. Which is why we have Confession. But, let's face it, before one can do the right thing, they must first believe it is the right thing to do...

--hide--

I think Jerry hit the nail on the head here.

Also, for some reason, I find that singles, especially as they get older (myself included) can be quick to pass on a person before they even know what they are about. Take for instance, on profiles here. You might see a gent or lady who is someone you might be interested in, but they write one or two things that is not exactly matched to your general preferences, so you move on. If you had thought to find out why the person thinks a certain way or wrote what they wrote, you might find a very nice, decent person, aside from your original impression.

As stated above, we're all sinners - beautiful, imperfect children of God and works in progress. Let's give each other a shot at being friends before we say, "Oh no, God couldn't possibly want him/her for me."

Posts 41 - 50 of 196