Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

Feb 27th 2013 new

We had a 2 hour block for English/Spelling. For some reason, teachers would just leave us unattended if they had to go to the office or use the restroom. Well, this boy behind me kept bothering me, while everyone else worked quietly. (YES, without the teacher even in the room.) I wasn't really annoyed, but I was like, When is this dude gonna quit? So I took my big textbook, turned around, and hit him with it. Right when I turned back around to face forward, the teacher had just walked back in the classroom and was staring. I just got back to work while he was complaining and saying ouch. lol The teacher never even told me a thing. Maybe she thought he deserved it. wink

I think that was 6th grade. This was a pre-K through 8th grade school. Up until we "graduated," he was still saying, "Tara hit me with a textbook and didn't even get in trouble!" laughing

Feb 27th 2013 new

(Quote) Elizabeth-929069 said: While praying the Hail Mary (not me) a little boy said "blessed art those swimmin women" i...
(Quote) Elizabeth-929069 said: While praying the Hail Mary (not me) a little boy said "blessed art those swimmin women" in stead of "blessed art thou amongst women"
--hide--

laughing Adorable.

Feb 27th 2013 new

(Quote) Nilda-834707 said: Catholics schools today still have strict policies about such things... I suppose it has to be th...
(Quote) Nilda-834707 said:

Catholics schools today still have strict policies about such things... I suppose it has to be that way to prevent serious problems and to ensure the safety of all children. I can appreciate it especially with the horrible things going on in public schools today. I'm not defending all their actions -- some were too extreme.

--hide--

From what I hear, Catholic schools have gotten a little lax because of the economy. They need to keep the students that want to stay. I'm not saying they allow debauchery, but they aren't as "My way or the highway" as they used to me... or at least that's what I hear from Catholic school teachers.

Feb 27th 2013 new

(Quote) Tara-916865 said: We had a 2 hour block for English/Spelling. For some reason, teachers would just leave us unattend...
(Quote) Tara-916865 said:

We had a 2 hour block for English/Spelling. For some reason, teachers would just leave us unattended if they had to go to the office or use the restroom. Well, this boy behind me kept bothering me, while everyone else worked quietly. (YES, without the teacher even in the room.) I wasn't really annoyed, but I was like, When is this dude gonna quit? So I took my big textbook, turned around, and hit him with it. Right when I turned back around to face forward, the teacher had just walked back in the classroom and was staring. I just got back to work while he was complaining and saying ouch. lol The teacher never even told me a thing. Maybe she thought he deserved it.

I think that was 6th grade. This was a pre-K through 8th grade school. Up until we "graduated," he was still saying, "Tara hit me with a textbook and didn't even get in trouble!"

--hide--

This cracked me up and brought to mind a tiff I had with a friend named Maggie on the playground in seventh grade. For some reason I wanted to be left alone and was sitting quietly by myself. Maggie kept pestering me, probably about whateve had made me want to be alone, I can't even remember what it was. But, I started to yell at her Maggie, half way through I decided her first full name would have more impact so switched it to Margaret but it came out more like Mag- aret. . . she went and told Sr. Prudence that I had called her a maggot LOL. . .next thing I know Sr. Prudence is looming over me and I got the lecture on watching my tongue and if I couldn't say something nice not to say anything at all. . .

Feb 27th 2013 new

(Quote) Lauren-927923 said: This cracked me up and brought to mind a tiff I had with a friend named Maggie on the p...
(Quote) Lauren-927923 said:

This cracked me up and brought to mind a tiff I had with a friend named Maggie on the playground in seventh grade. For some reason I wanted to be left alone and was sitting quietly by myself. Maggie kept pestering me, probably about whateve had made me want to be alone, I can't even remember what it was. But, I started to yell at her Maggie, half way through I decided her first full name would have more impact so switched it to Margaret but it came out more like Mag- aret. . . she went and told Sr. Prudence that I had called her a maggot LOL. . .next thing I know Sr. Prudence is looming over me and I got the lecture on watching my tongue and if I couldn't say something nice not to say anything at all. . .

--hide--

Sr. Prudence? Wow, that says it all! laughing

Feb 27th 2013 new

(Quote) Tara-916865 said: Sr. Prudence? Wow, that says it all!
(Quote) Tara-916865 said:

Sr. Prudence? Wow, that says it all!

--hide--

Through my 12 years of Catholic Education, I never met a nun who was even close to being mean. There was one in highschool whom I had a personality conflict with, so I'll take partial blame for that. Our gradeschool sisters would play with us on the playground. My 8th grade teacher (our principal and my favorite) was teaching a subject using a yard stick for a pointer when she noticed one of the boys in the front row had fallen asleep. She slammed the yardstick on his desk. He jumped a couple of feet and sat up pulling his hands to himself. She started apologizing profusely because she though she hit his hand, when all she wanted to do was startle him. Everyone had a good chuckle with that.

I high school, I had a choir teacher (layman) who was short in stature and roly-poly and had sticky up hair. We'd get pretty noisy when he was teaching parts to other sections of the choir. His face would turn beet red, and he would yell at us "Shut up or I'm going to cut off your tongues and staple them to you foreheads!" For emphasis he'd slam his hand on the music stand which would slide down from position, and because he was leaning on the music stand, he would topple off his stool. No other subsequent choir teacher could compare...and we loved him.

Feb 28th 2013 new

1st Grade -

My friend Allen Krick always had a messy desk, often leaving the left-overs from his sack lunch inside the desk.

Sr. Evelyn thought that it was time for Allen to clean out his desk. To make a point of it, she had Allen get out of his desk seat. Then she flipped up the desk top and dumped out the entire contents on the floor for Allen to rearrange in his desk. Unfortunately (for her), a dead mouse tumbled out of the desk along with all of the other stuff. Sr. Eveyln freaked-out! It seemed like all the girls in the room were screaming and the boys thought that it was just the greatest thing to have happened. clap

Ed

Feb 28th 2013 new

Funny now that I'm a grown up, not so amusing then. For the navity play at the end of the year, the role of Mary fell to either me or another girl. The teacher said whoever could recite the Hail Mary the next day would get the part. [We were 6].

Of course, being from the family I'm from, I not only recited the HM but the Nicene Creed. Teacher replied "well, so and so is still going to be Mary because she didn't have short black hair..." The other girl was blond. -_-'

Feb 28th 2013 new

(Quote) Naomi-698107 said: Funny now that I'm a grown up, not so amusing then. For the navity play at the end of the yea...
(Quote) Naomi-698107 said:

Funny now that I'm a grown up, not so amusing then. For the navity play at the end of the year, the role of Mary fell to either me or another girl. The teacher said whoever could recite the Hail Mary the next day would get the part. [We were 6].

Of course, being from the family I'm from, I not only recited the HM but the Nicene Creed. Teacher replied "well, so and so is still going to be Mary because she didn't have short black hair..." The other girl was blond. -_-'

--hide--

Okay that is not funny. That was mean. In my humble opinion you would have made an exquisite Mary. She probably had black hair too given that she was jewish. hug

Feb 28th 2013 new
Not exactly Catholic School but kind of funny:

I think Andrew was around twelve when Archbishop Salaka came to confirm those that were ready in our parish. Andrew was asked to be one of the Altar Servers. So during the Mass the Archbishop's Aide handed the staff to my son while we were listening to some of the readings. It did not take long for me to notice the staff was not being held very still, in fact it was almost waiving back and forth. Yikes! It was all I could do to remain seated. Thankfully the Aide noticed and removed the staff a safe distance away from my son......
Posts 31 - 40 of 62