Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

Mar 1st 2013 new
I began my teaching career in a Catholic school. For three years I taught first grade and in my first year I had a student ask me "Miss J., What is God's name?". Bless the little scamp, he allowedl me my few minutes of waxing philosophical before he interrupted me to say "No Miss J., it's Harold. You know... Harold be thy name." I think that kid's a lawyer now...Harold help us all!
Mar 2nd 2013 new

(Quote) JeanMarie-778511 said: I began my teaching career in a Catholic school. For three years I taught first grade and in my firs...
(Quote) JeanMarie-778511 said: I began my teaching career in a Catholic school. For three years I taught first grade and in my first year I had a student ask me "Miss J., What is God's name?". Bless the little scamp, he allowedl me my few minutes of waxing philosophical before he interrupted me to say "No Miss J., it's Harold. You know... Harold be thy name." I think that kid's a lawyer now...Harold help us all!
--hide--

Better yet,a POLITICIAN.

Mar 5th 2013 new

The time my seventh grade teacher was using a yardstick to keep time (She was teaching us a hymn for class Mass) and banged it down on a kid's pencil box so hard the pencil box broke in half. The poor kid was very traumatized!

There was also the time the same teacher stared at us in COMPLETE silence after Immaculate Conception Mass that year, because we had not participated up to her standards. That was a long 90 minutes.

Mar 9th 2013 new

(Quote) Elizabeth-929069 said: While praying the Hail Mary (not me) a little boy said "blessed art those swimmin women" i...
(Quote) Elizabeth-929069 said: While praying the Hail Mary (not me) a little boy said "blessed art those swimmin women" in stead of "blessed art thou amongst women"
--hide--
That IS funny! laughing
I can remember a kid who used to say the Our Father with "Howard be thy name" instead of "hallowed" We were so bad....we didn't correct him for a long time!laughing

Apr 23rd 2013 new

Here are two, fresh ones off the grill...enjoy.

After discussing world issues and hearing the intelligent responses and ideas from 10-year-olds, a child laughed, piped-up and said to her classmates, “Why don't those crabby, power hungry, world leaders just solve their disagreements by waging war on each other by performing their best out of three in Rock-Paper-Scissors?"

:)

Currently, in MinneSNOWta, we're on our fifth round of winter. One little boy asked me the following question.

"Is it possible for Hell to freeze over?"

:) For my own entertainment, I asked, Siri Iphone.

Apr 25th 2013 new

When I was in first grade, I made a mistake while doing my homework. I didn't know what to do as it was a marbled copybook with sewn in pages so I didn't think I could pull it out and start over. I believe someone at home advised me to just cross it out, so I completely blackened it out. At school the next day, Sister Reparata was not pleased at all about it. She must have questioned me and I told her my brother told me to do it. So she marched me to my one older brother's classroom. He denied it. So I named my other older brother. She marched me to his room and I remember him standing towards the front of the room and her pushing or shoving him into the desks in front of his whole class making him fall down. Maybe both brothers had that outcome. I don't think they remember it anymore amazingly enough. I need to find that copybook as it will bring back memories.

Apr 26th 2013 new
I loved my third grade teacher. Sister Richard was also my father's teacher when he was in kindergarten. biggrin Anyway, she was a tiny lady and she had the full black habit to the floor and the black lace up heeled shoes. There was a girl in our class who was always causing trouble and one day she refused to sit down and stop disrupting the class. A second time Sister told her to sit down. The girl responded, 'You can't make me' and started laughing and running around the room. Sister hiked her skirt above her ankles and ran after her and caught her! The girl was so astounded that Sister could run like that and catch her, she did sit down...I couldn't wait to go home and tell mother and dad that sister--at THAT age (whatever it was) can run...and fast! biggrin Our class loved her. She was spunky and kind and a good teacher.

I just remembered too...sometimes she would step to the plate for softball and she had a good swing.
Apr 26th 2013 new
I don't remember anything funny about my 12 years in Catholic school but I do have many good memories. We did have a Father "What a Waste". The cute priest that drove around in the sports car.
Apr 26th 2013 new

When we prepared for the sacrament of Confirmation, we were

given purple mimeographed pages with questions and answers.

One of the questions was: "What is the Holy Chrism made of ?",

and there must have been a typo in the answer as, when the

bishop asked that very question, one of the children raised his hand

and answered:

"The Holy Chrism is made of olive oil and blam."

Apr 26th 2013 new

I only attended Catholic school in third grade, but my family wasn't Catholic then, and I am now, so it had to have a pretty big impact on the person I am today...

I remember one afternoon we were in I guess what would have been first communion class, and the youngest priest at the parish was speaking to us, and he was talking about avoiding temptation. And he said "Do you ever get the urge to just eat paper? Don't do it, it's not good for you."

I don't remember a lot from my days at Catholic school because I was so young, but that was one of the moments I remember vividly. :)

Posts 51 - 60 of 62