Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

Feb 18th 2013 new

(Quote) Kristen-878108 said: I wish I could double or triple like this post! I certainly understand the importa...
(Quote) Kristen-878108 said:

I wish I could double or triple like this post! I certainly understand the importance of modesty. It is disrespectful to men to flaunt it in front of them - I get that. But I very much appreciate your post which squarely places the responsibility for lust back with the luster. Most women can tell you that being looked at with lust is very degrading - it is not a welcomed behavior. The reason that it is degrading is because the man is not seeing the person, not seeing the dignity of the woman before him. I think only women who have never experienced being respected and loved by a man actually would desire to elicit this response from a man - perhaps they think this is the best they can get? So assuming that many women dress in a way to elicit lust from a man is exactly that - a false assumption. Sometimes I feel that these discussions about immodest women's clothing are just another way for a man with a lust problem to degrade a woman - your example of Muslim women in burqas being beaten brings it to its radical extreme. It is just another way for the man with a lust problem to attempt to prolong his fantasy of control. Instead of throwing stones at women, spend time in prayer and ask God to help you to see beyond the flesh to the dignity of the women before you.

--hide--

Kristen I'm not sure anyone here is trying to guess at a women's motivation for dressing a certain way....I certainly make no assumptions...I can also assure you that this man in no way has a lust problem(not that I think you were directing that at me)...I don't think anyone is suggesting extreme measures

Feb 18th 2013 new

Personally I don't care how women dress....I have my own opinions about skirt lengths, bikinis, tight spandex that shows the whole "world" etc..... I hope if I ever meet the girl of my dreams...she wears jeans and skirts and bathing suits and work-out attire and whatever else....but that she saves her most revealing attire for my eyes only.....and I will save my words of affection for her ears only....

www.youtube.com

Feb 18th 2013 new

(Quote) Jim-50634 said: Kristen I'm not sure anyone here is trying to guess at a women's motivation for...
(Quote) Jim-50634 said:

Kristen I'm not sure anyone here is trying to guess at a women's motivation for dressing a certain way....I certainly make no assumptions...I can also assure you that this man in no way has a lust problem(not that I think you were directing that at me)...I don't think anyone is suggesting extreme measures

--hide--

You are right Jim, my comments were not directed at you - your comments seem reasonable.

Feb 18th 2013 new

(Quote) Jim-50634 said: "Blaming women for our sinful reaction their attire is childish and unmanly."...
(Quote) Jim-50634 said:

"Blaming women for our sinful reaction their attire is childish and unmanly."

I hope you're not accusing anyone here of that....So a man can't even have an opinion without you jumping to the conclusion that they are blaming women for their own sinful reactions...If a man suggests to his daughter that she should dress more modestly....what are his motivations? Or do you just dismiss him as childish and unmanly?

--hide--

No. I'm speaking generally and did not direct any of my statements to you personally. Not at all. Please don't take offense.

My comments were in response to other posts, but I do firmly believe the portion of my statement you quoted above. Men who blame others for the moral decisions they themselves make ARE both childish and unmanly. You'd probably agree with that.

Better to man up and accept responsibility for our decisions to think/do wrong - rather than blame the beautiful woman in revealing attire.

Feb 18th 2013 new

(Quote) Kristen-878108 said: I wish I could double or triple like this post! I certainly understand the importa...
(Quote) Kristen-878108 said:

I wish I could double or triple like this post! I certainly understand the importance of modesty. It is disrespectful to men to flaunt it in front of them - I get that. But I very much appreciate your post which squarely places the responsibility for lust back with the luster. Most women can tell you that being looked at with lust is very degrading - it is not a welcomed behavior. The reason that it is degrading is because the man is not seeing the person, not seeing the dignity of the woman before him. I think only women who have never experienced being respected and loved by a man actually would desire to elicit this response from a man - perhaps they think this is the best they can get? So assuming that many women dress in a way to elicit lust from a man is exactly that - a false assumption. Sometimes I feel that these discussions about immodest women's clothing are just another way for a man with a lust problem to degrade a woman - your example of Muslim women in burqas being beaten brings it to its radical extreme. It is just another way for the man with a lust problem to attempt to prolong his fantasy of control. Instead of throwing stones at women, spend time in prayer and ask God to help you to see beyond the flesh to the dignity of the women before you.

--hide--

Thanks so much kristen.

If I were a psychotherapist instead of an attorney, I'd write up a diagnosis of the dysfunctions which cause some men to revile women due to their own inability to interact with them in a positive and mutually affirming manner. But I'm not so I won't.

wink

Feb 18th 2013 new

(Quote) David-364112 said: Thanks so much kristen. If I were a psychotherapist instead of an attorne...
(Quote) David-364112 said:

Thanks so much kristen.

If I were a psychotherapist instead of an attorney, I'd write up a diagnosis of the dysfunctions which cause some men to revile women due to their own inability to interact with them in a positive and mutually affirming manner. But I'm not so I won't.

--hide--

No offense Dave...but it just seems like par for the course here at CM...you try to have a reasonable discussion in the forums...and the next thing you know we're talking about "men who revile women due to their own inability to interact with them in a positive and mutually affirming manner"...And sure enough...you get an atta-boy for it...Personally I don't see the usefullness in that sort of talk...If you're not addressing anyone particular here...or you're addressing some dude in Saudi Arabia...or just some representation of some guy you know exists out there...I don't see the purpose

Feb 18th 2013 new

There are some yoga pants that are very pretty and stylish. You can wear them outdoors with a nice sweater or top.

How did people survive the 1960s when mini skirts and short dresses were all the rage? eyepopping

Feb 18th 2013 new

(Quote) Julie-42315 said: There are some yoga pants that are very pretty and stylish. You can wear them outdoors with a nice...
(Quote) Julie-42315 said:

There are some yoga pants that are very pretty and stylish. You can wear them outdoors with a nice sweater or top.

How did people survive the 1960s when mini skirts and short dresses were all the rage?

--hide--

We listened to Tiny Tim and he banished all lust from our hearts.

Feb 18th 2013 new

(Quote) Jim-50634 said: No offense Dave...but it just seems like par for the course here at CM...you try to hav...
(Quote) Jim-50634 said:

No offense Dave...but it just seems like par for the course here at CM...you try to have a reasonable discussion in the forums...and the next thing you know we're talking about "men who revile women due to their own inability to interact with them in a positive and mutually affirming manner"...And sure enough...you get an atta-boy for it...Personally I don't see the usefullness in that sort of talk...If you're not addressing anyone particular here...or you're addressing some dude in Saudi Arabia...or just some representation of some guy you know exists out there...I don't see the purpose

--hide--

Once again. it was nothing personal. Shirking or shifting responsibility for moral decisions is not right. Judging by your posts, this is something you don't do. So why fuss? I'm not addressing your conduct.

Feb 18th 2013 new

(Quote) David-364112 said: We listened to Tiny Tim and he banished all lust from our hearts.
(Quote) David-364112 said:

We listened to Tiny Tim and he banished all lust from our hearts.

--hide--

note note "Tip Toe Through The Tulips..." laughing

Posts 101 - 110 of 113