Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

02/17/2013 new

(Quote) Kahirup-898887 said: Interesting question... let's see what the women have to say... and maybe the fashion polic...
(Quote) Kahirup-898887 said:

Interesting question... let's see what the women have to say... and maybe the fashion police too

--hide--
laughing laughing laughing

02/17/2013 new

(Quote) Jim-50634 said: Federal government workers...Senators' staff...maybe it's their lunch break...I'...
(Quote) Jim-50634 said:

Federal government workers...Senators' staff...maybe it's their lunch break...I'm just a police officer observing my surroundings...

--hide--

WOW. They get to do more than eat lunch and use the restroom on their lunch breaks? Wow.

02/17/2013 new

I taight PE for years and I am a marathon runner. I do wear them to the grocery store on the way home, but I would never wear them to work now or to church.

02/17/2013 new

I liked Indy Catholic's insightful video, referencing JPIIs Love and Responsibility, thanks.

A guy I was dating recently explained that he appreciated my modest dress because he didn't have to worry about where his eyes might land. I remember my father complaining about the way young girls dressed when he taught junior high back in the 1960s.

Finding modest clothing can be a challenge though; I've actually shopped at the Salvation Army to find good (sometimes brand-new) pieces that aren't too revealing, because they're not the latest fashion. And there are a few sites like Land's End and Mikasa Rose which offer attractive, modest clothing.

02/17/2013 new

(Quote) Barbara-689659 said: Finding modest clothing can be a challenge though; I've actually shopped at the Salvation A...
(Quote) Barbara-689659 said:

Finding modest clothing can be a challenge though; I've actually shopped at the Salvation Army to find good (sometimes brand-new) pieces that aren't too revealing, because they're not the latest fashion. And there are a few sites like Land's End and Mikasa Rose which offer attractive, modest clothing.

--hide--

The best way to have this change is to (1) stop buying the immodest clothing, (2) write to the companies requesting modest clothing and telling them what you refuse to buy, and (3) encouraging as many others as you can to do likewise.

Doing the right thing is more than likely going to be a challenge. We can't let that stop us! There's nothing wrong with shopping at the Salvation Army, and it helps a charity, to boot. If necessary, hire a Catholic stay-at-home mom to make the clothes for you -- then you both win!

02/17/2013 new

I wear both on a regular basis and at work. I also wear pajama pants and sweat pants just as often. I run a dance studio. So these kind of pants are what I typically teach in. Do I go out in public in them? Sometimes. If they are tight, like the leggings, then I have an oversized t-shirt or sweatshirt that I wear with them. Now that doesn't mean I run around in them on my days off. But there are times where it is easier to wait til I get home to change eventhough I have to run into a store on the way home.

02/17/2013 new

(Quote) Brian-144650 said: 'its not how much skin is showing but how much of the body is shown in almost exact purporti...
(Quote) Brian-144650 said:

'its not how much skin is showing but how much of the body is shown in almost exact purportion to what it would look like naked'.

--hide--
How is this different from the skinny jeans that a lot of the ladies wear?

02/17/2013 new

(Quote) Kahirup-898887 said: How is this different from the skinny jeans that a lot of the ladies wear?

How is this different from the skinny jeans that a lot of the ladies wear?

--hide--

Skinny jeans are still denim which means it's a thicker fabric. Leggings are typically cotton which is thinner and less "forgiving," especially in private areas.

02/17/2013 new

(Quote) Tara-916865 said: Skinny jeans are still denim which means it's a thicker fabric. Leggings...
(Quote) Tara-916865 said:

Skinny jeans are still denim which means it's a thicker fabric. Leggings are typically cotton which is thinner and less "forgiving," especially in private areas.

--hide--
I was responding to the statement "how much of the body is shown in almost exact purportion to what it would look like naked"

But to respond to your statement, then do I take it that if the leggings are made using a thicker fabric (and maybe with a zip front and 2 back pockets) then it would be okay?

02/17/2013 new

(Quote) Kahirup-898887 said: I was responding to the statement "how much of the body is shown in almost exact purpo...

I was responding to the statement "how much of the body is shown in almost exact purportion to what it would look like naked"

But to respond to your statement, then do I take it that if the leggings are made using a thicker fabric (and maybe with a zip front and 2 back pockets) then it would be okay?

--hide--

A thicker fabric can do wonders... lol

Posts 31 - 40 of 113