Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

Feb 17th 2013 new

To me the leggings look like tights, and that the person has forgotten to put on their skirt or pants. I think some women must not have any idea how they look from behind or else don't care. The front view can be shocking, too. Recently while waiting to go home from work on the bus, I saw a woman down the block wearing pants or such of a color or muted design so form fitting that it looked like she should have a tail (like a Cat in the Broadway play). I looked away so I did not see.

Feb 17th 2013 new

(Quote) Joanne-75060 said: To me the leggings look like tights, and that the person has forgotten to put on their skirt or p...
(Quote) Joanne-75060 said:

To me the leggings look like tights, and that the person has forgotten to put on their skirt or pants. I think some women must not have any idea how they look from behind or else don't care. The front view can be shocking, too. Recently while waiting to go home from work on the bus, I saw a woman down the block wearing pants or such of a color or muted design so form fitting that it looked like she should have a tail (like a Cat in the Broadway play). I looked away so I did not see.

--hide--

LOL! Maybe we should start saying, "Excuse me, I think you forgot your pants."

We can call it Operation Remember Your Pants! laughing

Feb 17th 2013 new
"Operation Remember Your Pants"....

O RYP.

Pants & rips shouldn't go together, I dare say.

scratchchin

Oh, well. Carry on. embarassed
Feb 17th 2013 new

(Quote) Kahirup-898887 said: How is this different from the skinny jeans that a lot of the ladies wear?
(Quote) Kahirup-898887 said:

How is this different from the skinny jeans that a lot of the ladies wear?

--hide--

Hi Kahirup! Which begs the question, how is that different from the skinny jeans that alot of the men wear? mischievous Now, that's a fashion crime, if I ever saw one!! rolling eyes Chelle

Feb 17th 2013 new

(Quote) Chelle-924354 said: Hi Kahirup! Which begs the question, how is that different from the skinny jeans that al...
(Quote) Chelle-924354 said:

Hi Kahirup! Which begs the question, how is that different from the skinny jeans that alot of the men wear? Now, that's a fashion crime, if I ever saw one!! Chelle

--hide--

I've even seen men in DC wearing tight spandex pants while jogging too...I'll also never understand the need for a guy to have to take his shirt off in public while jogging or for any reason...I don't care how hot it is outside...keep your shirt on...it's inappropriate and you'll survive...a cotton t-shirt(or an Under Armour type shirt) is not going to be the difference between life or death....

Feb 17th 2013 new

(Quote) Tara-916865 said: Leggings are not pants! Say it with me, everyone! LEGGINGS ARE NOT PANTS!
(Quote) Tara-916865 said: Leggings are not pants! Say it with me, everyone! LEGGINGS ARE NOT PANTS!
--hide--

Tara,

Amen, sister, amen!!! clap clap clap

Feb 17th 2013 new

(Quote) Christina-933729 said: (Quote) Tara-916865 said: Leggings are not pants! Say it with me, everyone! L...
(Quote) Christina-933729 said:

Quote:
Tara-916865 said: Leggings are not pants! Say it with me, everyone! LEGGINGS ARE NOT PANTS!

Tara,

Amen, sister, amen!!!

--hide--

Right. When anyone wore leggings in the 80's and 90's we knew enough to wear a big shirt or sweather to cover up yourself so your sweater or whatnot looked like a tunic or dress. Right, they are not pants. I am pretty surprised at how they are back but being worn all wrong. It is really off the mark. I am not sure why women are even considering this to be ok. Now yoga pants can be more forgiving Right? I don't own any, so I wouldn't know.

Feb 17th 2013 new

When leggings came out in about 1987 they were thick and so they were like pants. Now they are not. Is this what others are saying and seeing?

Feb 17th 2013 new

NO NO NO NOOOO!!!!!

TIGHTS ARE NOT PANTS!!!!

We call them "tights" down here.

I seriously hate with every cell in my body when women do that. I do not want to see what you had for breakfast, nor every nook and craney the Lord [or your visit to the buffet] placed on your body. You wouldn't walk around in body paint? Its the same thing!!

Put a long shirt over them, put them under pants, put them under a nice dress. But never alone. Never by themselves.

Ugly things they be, an abomnination. And anyone who would wear them to Church best be examining their consciences. Of course, I've seen people show up to Church in much more revealing clothing then those hideously crafted things.

TIGHTS ARE NOT PANTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!*

*If I could increase the font, I would. I really really would. [narrows eyes]

As an aside, I sometimes get the sad face because this being a Catholic site, this is one of those moments where I truly feel in the pit of my soul that a good F word wouldn't go astray to describe those horrid things.

Feb 17th 2013 new

(Quote) Brian-144650 said: Ok, out again comes the perhaps weekly or monthly installment of 'can o worms'. Are yoga ...
(Quote) Brian-144650 said:

Ok, out again comes the perhaps weekly or monthly installment of 'can o worms'. Are yoga pants and leggings appropriate to wear 'on their own' I have no problem with leggings undneath a skirt or dress or something but to wear leggings as pants...ummm ? Inappropriate thats all I am saying.

2nd question - would you ever wear either to mass?

3rd question - would you wear them ever? if so then where?when?

--hide--

If a woman has the body to wear them appropriate places, who cares? Enough with the false modesty. I wouldn't wear form fitted clothing to church, male or female. . . . .

Posts 41 - 50 of 113