Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion related to learning about the faith (Catechetics), defense of the Faith (Apologetics), the Liturgy and canon law, motivated by a desire to grow closer to Christ or to bring someone else closer.

Saint Augustine of Hippo is considered on of the greatest Christian thinkers of all time and the Doctor of the Church.
Learn More: Saint Augustine

Mar 18th 2013 new

(Quote) Jessica-897416 said: I am not sure about anyone else but I really wish that we could be blessed with priests today l...
(Quote) Jessica-897416 said:

I am not sure about anyone else but I really wish that we could be blessed with priests today like Padre Pio or St. John Vianney who stay in the confessional for hours at end to hear confessions and not a mere 30 minutes to an hour once a week before Saturday evening mass and priests that can read souls. I also don't get who some priests change the words to the absolution prayer. Comments...

--hide--

The Archdiocese of Hartford has set up a Lenten Reconciliation/Confession website. The link is below. It is very detailed in how to make a good Confession, from soup to nuts. It is specific about confessional prayers. Questions and answers for those who haven't been to Confession in years. It is a good resource.

All the CT parishes are having Monday confessions from 6PM to 7pm during Lent.

www.light4you.info

1. Don't Panic

Get Prepared

Frequently Asked Questions
Examination of Conscience
Guide to Confession

2. Go:

Find a place

All parishes are listed by town in alphabetical order.

3. who we are

Archdiocese of Hartford.

In this Year of Faith we are called to celebrate, deepen, and share the spiritual richness of our Catholic faith. This year will be marked by evangelization efforts, increased Catholic formation opportunities, prayer, and liturgical celebrations.

The Archdiocese of Hartford is pleased to invite all Catholics in the Archdiocese, especially those who have been away from the Church or the Sacrament of Reconciliation, also known as Penance, or Confession, to experience God’s mercy and forgiveness.

Sincerely yours in Christ,

Archbishop Mansell

Mar 20th 2013 new

(Quote) Paul-866591 said: At the same time, with so many problems still existing too many of which border on heresy...
(Quote) Paul-866591 said:

At the same time, with so many problems still existing too many of which border on heresy, we are also told to shop for a parish if our local one does not meet our needs.

Of course, we have always had that right. But to be encouraged to use that right is truly an indication of the depth of the problems.

--hide--

Well, yes, but I am beginning to see that the problem is not entirely outside of myself, so maybe the solution needs to come from inside as well...

Posts 101 - 102 of 102