Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion related to learning about the faith (Catechetics), defense of the Faith (Apologetics), the Liturgy and canon law, motivated by a desire to grow closer to Christ or to bring someone else closer.

Saint Augustine of Hippo is considered on of the greatest Christian thinkers of all time and the Doctor of the Church.
Learn More: Saint Augustine

02/19/2013 new

I just happened to have lunch today with a young priest who spent 16 hours in two days doing nothing but listening to confessions for women of Spainish decent. (He spoke fluent Spainish) He was so deeply touched by the abject misery of the human condition he experienced, and impressed on how difficult it is for these women trying to live in our country. Yet at the same time he was moved by clear evidence of God's tender work in their lives. To be emersed in this misery humbled him to the core yet left him stronger, more insightful, & deeply grateful for the God who cares for us all so deeply... rose rose rose

02/19/2013 new
We have confession1 hour before the Vigil Mass on Sat...THAT IS IT....for a fairly large parish...if you don't make you are just out of luck.....
02/20/2013 new

(Quote) Sue-501768 said: We have confession1 hour before the Vigil Mass on Sat...THAT IS IT....for a fairly large parish...if you d...
(Quote) Sue-501768 said: We have confession1 hour before the Vigil Mass on Sat...THAT IS IT....for a fairly large parish...if you don't make you are just out of luck.....
--hide--

Sue can you make an appointment with the priest?

02/20/2013 new
(Quote) Jan-672216 said: Sue can you make an appointment with the priest?
(Quote) Jan-672216 said:

Sue can you make an appointment with the priest?

--hide--

Oh yes, of course...I was just commenting on how it is in my parish... biggrin
02/20/2013 new

(Quote) Debbie-514749 said: This is so beautiful David... Sounds like Our Lord also graced you with a healthy dose ...
(Quote) Debbie-514749 said:

This is so beautiful David... Sounds like Our Lord also graced you with a healthy dose of self knowlege in the process too... *smile*

Something similar happened to me though I was cut off just before Mass like that three separate times. And I forget how many other things "happened" to prevent me from getting to confession for a whole six weeks after I needed to! (felt like I was starving) But the priest Our Lord finally sent just showed up at our retreat center out of the blue & heard my confession on the spot! That dear man became my spiritual director & guided me through some of the most difficult times of my life... I had gone through a real trial in faith in those weeks of trying to get to that confession, but Our Lord rewarded in abundance through that wait... So amazing how God works!

--hide--

It's only by subduing our own will and yielding in matters of personal preference that we master ourselves and attain the grace to love God more and hate sinfulness. Sin is much easier to resist when we love God so much that we come to hate sin - not merely because sin results in punishment but more so because it separates us from God.

Those 3 days of mortification of will and desire which we each experienced helped our eventual reconciliation and penance to be much more meaningful and full of grace. God was loving us in a way that didn't feel like love until our eyes were opened to his hand in these event.

What a wonderful and loving Father we have! theheart

02/20/2013 new
(Quote) David-364112 said: It's only by subduing our own will and yielding in matters of personal preference that ...
(Quote) David-364112 said:

It's only by subduing our own will and yielding in matters of personal preference that we master ourselves and attain the grace to love God more and hate sinfulness. Sin is much easier to resist when we love God so much that we come to hate sin - not merely because sin results in punishment but more so because it separates us from God.

Those 3 days of mortification of will and desire which we each experienced helped our eventual reconciliation and penance to be much more meaningful and full of grace. God was loving us in a way that didn't feel like love until our eyes were opened to his hand in these event.

What a wonderful and loving Father we have!

--hide--

David, I think someone wanted you to learn patience and in so doing gave you a greater experience as you said to be open to the healing graces we receive in confession.

In this year of Faith, the archdiocese I live in is having confessions every Monday night from 6-7 during this Lenten season? Are there other diocese doing the same, offering confessions extra days?
02/20/2013 new

(Quote) David-364112 said: It's only by subduing our own will and yielding in matters of personal preferenc...

What a wonderful and loving Father we have!

--hide--

You are so right David...

But that will is so hard to get a hold of at times.... It's only in taking baby steps towards self mastery & practicing the dreaded "submit" word that the elusive peace I crave can be found. Can't say that I like the process... but God is always right. I've found it's the difficult things that bring the most grace. But I've got to be willing to accept the process & let God work... *darn*

I agree.... There are not words enough to express how wonderful Our God is. He brings us what we need... not what we want. And there lies... JOY! rose

02/21/2013 new

(Quote) Mary-814080 said: . . . In this year of Faith, the archdiocese I live in is having confessions every Monday night f...
(Quote) Mary-814080 said:

. . . In this year of Faith, the archdiocese I live in is having confessions every Monday night from 6-7 during this Lenten season? Are there other diocese doing the same, offering confessions extra days?
--hide--

This past Tuesday every parish in our diocese had 2 hours of confessions with more than one priest hearing them. God provides.

02/21/2013 new
(Quote) David-364112 said: This past Tuesday every parish in our diocese had 2 hours of confessions with more than one...

This past Tuesday every parish in our diocese had 2 hours of confessions with more than one priest hearing them. God provides.

--hide--

Each church within driving distance here has community penitential gatherings with three to four Priests so everyone has the opportunity during Lent and Advent. It is always well published. They start with prayers and handing out guidelines for Examination of Conscience, then tell where which Priest will be even if sometimes the Priest has to use a storage room in smaller churches.
02/21/2013 new
It is also available every Saturday evening and Sunday morning. And by appointment with the Priest...
Posts 41 - 50 of 102