Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Feb 25th 2013 new

(Quote) Jay-564527 said: I would add to the posts already given that it also depends on your location. I am about to move to...
(Quote) Jay-564527 said:

I would add to the posts already given that it also depends on your location. I am about to move to my third city since joining CM. I have met some very nice people, but the amount of people online relatively close to my area has fluctuated quite a bt. Seems CM is just more popular in certain parts of the US.

I am getting ready to move to Louisville, KY. I did a quick search and after viewing the results I am wondering where did all the catholics go in that area. Versus I looked into a job offer in Chicago and did a search and went wow, look at all the people on CM in that area.

You may be experiencing that as well.

--hide--

I want to welcome you to the Bluegrass state (soon). There is a very large CM population in Indy - I just went to their Chili Cook Off and they even had one gentleman from Texas! No, there is not a large population but Indy and Cincy are not very far away. As a relocated Texan, it ain't all that bad!

Feb 25th 2013 new

(Quote) Moire-630682 said: I'm giving this site another shot after trying (at last count) 6-7 other dating sites over th...
(Quote) Moire-630682 said:

I'm giving this site another shot after trying (at last count) 6-7 other dating sites over the past few years. I originally signed up two or three years ago, but after "chatting" with guys for weeks on end none of them ever asked me out, so I wound up canceling my subscription. This time around it seems even worse; I've only been in contact with one guy and he IMs, rather than messages me, which I have a harder time with personally since I am up and around a lot. I've sent emoticons/short messages to several other guys with no response.

I mean, I'm fully aware it might just be me, but... I don't get it. Again, I've been on other sites, and even though I may not be in a relationship I at least got lots of dates and met some nice/interesting people. What's the deal? Has anyone else encountered this?

--hide--

Yes, I have actually met someone from CM. It was an experience to remember. We dated but it wasn't meant to be and we parted ways however mutually decided to stay as friends. I am no longer looking for "the one" on this site or in general anymore. I leave my relationship fate in the hands of God. Now on CM before my subscription ends, I am just seeking friendships only.

Feb 25th 2013 new

(Quote) Laurel-904204 said: I want to welcome you to the Bluegrass state (soon). There is a very large CM popul...
(Quote) Laurel-904204 said:

I want to welcome you to the Bluegrass state (soon). There is a very large CM population in Indy - I just went to their Chili Cook Off and they even had one gentleman from Texas! No, there is not a large population but Indy and Cincy are not very far away. As a relocated Texan, it ain't all that bad!

--hide--

Hello Laurel! Good to see you posting. I'm so glad we got to know each other at the Indy Chili Cookoff. Don't forget, Loogootee is only between 'here' and 'there'!!!

Feb 25th 2013 new

I met a really nice guy about 3 or 4 years ago when I was member. I traveled to Colorado to visit him. It was really nice and an adventure. Things didn't work with him so I tried going out with guys from Mexico but I didn't like it. That's why I came back to CM. God willing this time I will have better luck.

Feb 25th 2013 new

As far as marriages and relationships go, if some of you guys know our numbers please let us know because we have no idea. About all we know is that we get between 50-80 couples per month telling us they are engaged or married. Of that number we turn some into success stories. However the reality is that most couples never let us know. Believe me we we did have an accurate count. I am also dubious of some the claims from the large websites because they are not using actual stats but survey information.

I do know that I can't go anywhere anymore an not run into someone who knows someone who met on CatholicMatch. I know that Donna keeps trakc of many couples and I suspect some are not even in our member story area. We have never focused on trying to track down every couple we focus on providing stories that show the diversity in our couples and in their relationships. But at the end of the day we simply try to provide a service that is just one of many tools that singles can use to be open to God introducing them to their future spouse.

www.catholicmatch.com

Feb 26th 2013 new

(Quote) Brian-278516 said: About all we know is that we get between 50-80 couples per month telling us they are engaged or m...
(Quote) Brian-278516 said:

About all we know is that we get between 50-80 couples per month telling us they are engaged or married.

--hide--
Wow, I think that is awesome!! and encouraging. It is probably even more than that because, like you say, some people don't inform the admin of their success here.

Feb 26th 2013 new

(Quote) Tracy-929496 said: Hello Laurel! Good to see you posting. I'm so glad we got to know each other at the I...
(Quote) Tracy-929496 said:

Hello Laurel! Good to see you posting. I'm so glad we got to know each other at the Indy Chili Cookoff. Don't forget, Loogootee is only between 'here' and 'there'!!!

--hide--
I'm gonna take you up on that soon! (Probably after Easter)! So enjoyed everyone and can't wait to connect again!

Feb 27th 2013 new

(Quote) Laurel-904204 said: I want to welcome you to the Bluegrass state (soon). There is a very large CM popul...
(Quote) Laurel-904204 said:

--hide--

Laurel and Tracy - way to put in a plug for our Indy events! clap clap Your checks are in the mail! cool laughing (Looking forward to seeing both of you again - sooner rather than later!) hug

Seriously K, I agree with what others have posted, that's the BEST way to meet people - attend or organize an event. Indy draws folks from all over - our camp out last year had people from CT to CA, 11 states were represented. biggrin We have a lot of fun when we get together, it takes all the pressure off of a single f2f because one meets several folks in one shot. Worst that can happen is you meet a bunch of new friends.

Anywhere I've traveled, I've posted in the Forum in advance and asked if anyone was interested in getting together - for dinner, for a drink, cup of coffee, etc. 4 years ago in Denver, we had over 20 that met for dinner and went to a club for some dancing afterwards. I didn't know one person before that evening, yet I'm still friends with several of them. heart

What's that saying? If we want something bad enough, we'll MAKE it happen. Praying hug

Feb 27th 2013 new

(Quote) Mary-363093 said: Laurel and Tracy - way to put in a plug for our Indy events! Your checks are in the mail!...
(Quote) Mary-363093 said:

Laurel and Tracy - way to put in a plug for our Indy events! Your checks are in the mail! (Looking forward to seeing both of you again - sooner rather than later!)

Seriously K, I agree with what others have posted, that's the BEST way to meet people - attend or organize an event. Indy draws folks from all over - our camp out last year had people from CT to CA, 11 states were represented. We have a lot of fun when we get together, it takes all the pressure off of a single f2f because one meets several folks in one shot. Worst that can happen is you meet a bunch of new friends.

Anywhere I've traveled, I've posted in the Forum in advance and asked if anyone was interested in getting together - for dinner, for a drink, cup of coffee, etc. 4 years ago in Denver, we had over 20 that met for dinner and went to a club for some dancing afterwards. I didn't know one person before that evening, yet I'm still friends with several of them.

What's that saying? If we want something bad enough, we'll MAKE it happen.

--hide--

Mary when are you coming to MN we need your expertise ?

Feb 27th 2013 new

(Quote) Mary-363093 said: Laurel and Tracy - way to put in a plug for our Indy events! Your checks are in the mail!...
(Quote) Mary-363093 said:

Laurel and Tracy - way to put in a plug for our Indy events! Your checks are in the mail! (Looking forward to seeing both of you again - sooner rather than later!)

Seriously K, I agree with what others have posted, that's the BEST way to meet people - attend or organize an event. Indy draws folks from all over - our camp out last year had people from CT to CA, 11 states were represented. We have a lot of fun when we get together, it takes all the pressure off of a single f2f because one meets several folks in one shot. Worst that can happen is you meet a bunch of new friends.

Anywhere I've traveled, I've posted in the Forum in advance and asked if anyone was interested in getting together - for dinner, for a drink, cup of coffee, etc. 4 years ago in Denver, we had over 20 that met for dinner and went to a club for some dancing afterwards. I didn't know one person before that evening, yet I'm still friends with several of them.

What's that saying? If we want something bad enough, we'll MAKE it happen.

--hide--

Hold the check, Mary. You can repay me by considering letting ME host an event at my place. I didn't get to tell you much about it, but it's truly a little slice of heaven here on earth... fluffy You get a Gold Star! cloud

Posts 121 - 130 of 200