Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Feb 28th 2013 new
(Quote) Patrick-624504 said: Have you ever thought of gathering your own statistics from ALL members as to their sucess ra...
(Quote) Patrick-624504 said:

Have you ever thought of gathering your own statistics from ALL members as to their sucess rate and turn it into a pie chart, love heart or something visual. Just as a sign to those of us that there is cupid about and X out of Y have found love, friends, compaionship and other positive things just to give a boost when needed?

--hide--

Patrick, I have found the success stories helpful. It gives me encouragement to see that two people have met from this site and are married or making plans to have a future together. Hang in there. :)
Feb 28th 2013 new

(Quote) Mary-363093 said: Al - if I ever come to MN, I'll get something going, I promise! For a...
(Quote) Mary-363093 said:

Al - if I ever come to MN, I'll get something going, I promise!

For a while I was traveling back and forth between Indy and San Diego - living in both cities - so I put together outings in both states depending on when I knew I would be in town. Met LOTS of great people who have become good friends.

In the meantime - don't wait for me, you should jump right in!

Start a thread in the Meet Ups Room here in the Fora - use your town or city in the title with "- Get Together For Dinner?" and see what happens. Reply to anyone that posts, and ask for location / restaurant suggestions as well as help narrowing down the best date / time. Keep it simple, make sure the restaurant will take separate checks and that is isn't so noisy you can't hear each other. Do a search for those living within a reasonable driving distance and write to them, ask them to check out the thread, and see if they want to get together.

Also, if you EVER see anyone post in the Fora that lives nearby - DEFINITELY reach out to them!

--hide--

All of what Mary posts above is spot on.

As for the bolded part, that's how she sucked me in. Reasonable driving distance for me is 3 1/2-4 hrs. for their Indy events. I posted that they sounded like a fun group and the next thing you know, she's saying, "You aren't that far away!" Then another gal west of me in IA offered to drive (THAT Mary is now married to Michael from CT...they met at a CM event) with me for company...and the rest is history! eyepopping wave

I'd also suggest that everyone be open to just going, regardless of whether or not there is anyone you are 'interested' in. I think a lot of people want a gathering, but when they see no one their age or the right sex, they don't go. If YOU sign up, someone else may see YOU, and go just for THAT reason. You'll never know unless you try...

Feb 28th 2013 new
(Quote) Lucy-41785 said: All of what Mary posts above is spot on. As for the bolded part,...
(Quote) Lucy-41785 said:

All of what Mary posts above is spot on.

As for the bolded part, that's how she sucked me in. Reasonable driving distance for me is 3 1/2-4 hrs. for their Indy events. I posted that they sounded like a fun group and the next thing you know, she's saying, "You aren't that far away!" Then another gal west of me in IA offered to drive (THAT Mary is now married to Michael from CT...they met at a CM event) with me for company...and the rest is history!

I'd also suggest that everyone be open to just going, regardless of whether or not there is anyone you are 'interested' in. I think a lot of people want a gathering, but when they see no one their age or the right sex, they don't go. If YOU sign up, someone else may see YOU, and go just for THAT reason. You'll never know unless you try...

--hide--

You bring up a good point. The Phoenix CM event coming up in the spring looks fun, but I noticed there is no one around my age that will be there.
Feb 28th 2013 new

Moire,

I want to add this tip:

Listen to Millie ! biggrin

Feb 28th 2013 new

(Quote) Lucy-41785 said: I'd also suggest that everyone be open to just going, regardless of whether or not there is anyone y...
(Quote) Lucy-41785 said: I'd also suggest that everyone be open to just going, regardless of whether or not there is anyone you are 'interested' in. I think a lot of people want a gathering, but when they see no one their age or the right sex, they don't go. If YOU sign up, someone else may see YOU, and go just for THAT reason. You'll never know unless you try...

--hide--

Great comment, Lucy!

SOME CM'ers look at an event page to see who has already signed up, and if there is nobody they see any romantic potential in already committed to going, they decide to skip it.

BIG MISTAKE! eyepopping irked

EVERYONE attending an event has other people in their lives. They may have brothers, sisters, other Catholic friends, relatives, co-workers, church friends, neighbors, etc. ANY event attendee may be the way you'll be introduced to your match. heart

DON'T automatically discount ANYONE as being without potential to impact your life in some positive way. scratchchin You just need to make the effort, take that first step, and come out and meet people. wave

I've never heard anyone REGRET getting together with other CMers. I've heard PLENTY of people regret missing a fun outing. weeping

Mar 1st 2013 new

(Quote) Mary-363093 said: Al - if I ever come to MN, I'll get something going, I promise! For a...
(Quote) Mary-363093 said:

Al - if I ever come to MN, I'll get something going, I promise!

For a while I was traveling back and forth between Indy and San Diego - living in both cities - so I put together outings in both states depending on when I knew I would be in town. Met LOTS of great people who have become good friends.

In the meantime - don't wait for me, you should jump right in!

Start a thread in the Meet Ups Room here in the Fora - use your town or city in the title with "- Get Together For Dinner?" and see what happens. Reply to anyone that posts, and ask for location / restaurant suggestions as well as help narrowing down the best date / time. Keep it simple, make sure the restaurant will take separate checks and that is isn't so noisy you can't hear each other. Do a search for those living within a reasonable driving distance and write to them, ask them to check out the thread, and see if they want to get together.

Also, if you EVER see anyone post in the Fora that lives nearby - DEFINITELY reach out to them!

--hide--

Mary ironically and amazingly Jessica is doing a CM event close to Rochester, MN on June 1 that she just annouced today in another thread so we are good for now.

Mar 1st 2013 new

(Quote) Al-939544 said: Mary ironically and amazingly Jessica is doing a CM event close to Rochester, MN on June 1 ...
(Quote) Al-939544 said:

Mary ironically and amazingly Jessica is doing a CM event close to Rochester, MN on June 1 that she just annouced today in another thread so we are good for now.

--hide--

typo Alice is hosting the CM event.

Mar 1st 2013 new

(Quote) Candace-587406 said: Patrick, I have found the success stories helpful. It gives me encouragement to see that two p...
(Quote) Candace-587406 said:

Patrick, I have found the success stories helpful. It gives me encouragement to see that two people have met from this site and are married or making plans to have a future together. Hang in there. :)
--hide--
Thank it bets just hanging!!!!!! wink smile

Mar 1st 2013 new

I hate to tell some of you but. When I first signed up for CatholicMatch it was not even called CatholicMatch and my member# was 2. It took roughly 10-11 years before I finally met my wife. While I have been involved with CatholicMatch since day one and always found it to be the most ideal place to meet women who I thought potentially could end up being my wife that does not mean I stopped being open or looking other places. Football games, parties, bars, Church you name it I always had my eye out. Even as a co-founder of the site I always viewed CatholicMatch as a tool and merely one method for the way I could possibly meet my spouse.

That is why it often saddens mean when I hear people say "Oh I get nothing out of this site" or "This site does not work for me." To me that is a kin to buying a hammer and sitting it on a desk and using it as a paper weight and saying. "Awe this hammer does not work for me." CatholicMatch has as much to do with finiding a spouse as a hammer does in buidling a house. It is a tool but it is how the tool is used by the person that makes all the difference. When I say "how you use the tool" I am not simply talking about if you are web/tech savy. I am talking about how it is used in the context of your life, so your interpersonal skills, how you feel about yourself, how you approach meeting people and dating are all things that contribute to using CatholicMatch as a tool.

We try to generally do our best to provide seven things. 1. A tecnically sound site that works. 2. A good user experience 3. As robust a community as possible where our users have the maximium ability to meet people who could be a potential spouse 5. Tools that facilitate communication and intridcutions for the purpose of romantic as well as friendly realtionships. 6. A support community where singles can grow in their faith, find friendship and understand they are not alone. 7. Resources that assist our users and Catholics as large as living and understanding the single lifestyle better. If we do those seven things well enough then no matter if a person meets their spouse through CatholicMatch or not we feel like we have provided a service that made their life better and that we acted as a good companion while they are or were single. Again that is what makes our service different we do not just focus on matching people and dating or hooking up like the large secular sites we try to focus on how we can benefit the whole person because we simply don't know when or if they will meet Mr. or Mrs. right only God knows that.

We recognice that we can always improve in all these areas and we try to do that EVERY day. Some days are better than others but we do it with a small staff of 12 along with some independent writers and we try to provide a healthy working enviroment where our staff wants to work for us.

Mar 3rd 2013 new

(Quote) Brian-278516 said: I hate to tell some of you but. When I first signed up for CatholicMatch it was not even called C...
(Quote) Brian-278516 said:

I hate to tell some of you but. When I first signed up for CatholicMatch it was not even called CatholicMatch and my member# was 2. It took roughly 10-11 years before I finally met my wife. While I have been involved with CatholicMatch since day one and always found it to be the most ideal place to meet women who I thought potentially could end up being my wife that does not mean I stopped being open or looking other places. Football games, parties, bars, Church you name it I always had my eye out. Even as a co-founder of the site I always viewed CatholicMatch as a tool and merely one method for the way I could possibly meet my spouse.

That is why it often saddens mean when I hear people say "Oh I get nothing out of this site" or "This site does not work for me." To me that is a kin to buying a hammer and sitting it on a desk and using it as a paper weight and saying. "Awe this hammer does not work for me." CatholicMatch has as much to do with finiding a spouse as a hammer does in buidling a house. It is a tool but it is how the tool is used by the person that makes all the difference. When I say "how you use the tool" I am not simply talking about if you are web/tech savy. I am talking about how it is used in the context of your life, so your interpersonal skills, how you feel about yourself, how you approach meeting people and dating are all things that contribute to using CatholicMatch as a tool.

We try to generally do our best to provide seven things. 1. A tecnically sound site that works. 2. A good user experience 3. As robust a community as possible where our users have the maximium ability to meet people who could be a potential spouse 5. Tools that facilitate communication and intridcutions for the purpose of romantic as well as friendly realtionships. 6. A support community where singles can grow in their faith, find friendship and understand they are not alone. 7. Resources that assist our users and Catholics as large as living and understanding the single lifestyle better. If we do those seven things well enough then no matter if a person meets their spouse through CatholicMatch or not we feel like we have provided a service that made their life better and that we acted as a good companion while they are or were single. Again that is what makes our service different we do not just focus on matching people and dating or hooking up like the large secular sites we try to focus on how we can benefit the whole person because we simply don't know when or if they will meet Mr. or Mrs. right only God knows that.

We recognice that we can always improve in all these areas and we try to do that EVERY day. Some days are better than others but we do it with a small staff of 12 along with some independent writers and we try to provide a healthy working enviroment where our staff wants to work for us.

--hide--

Brian old son Ill be dead or ga-ga in 10 years!!!!!!!!!!! But I agree we can always learn and improve. I used to be concieted but now Im perfect! laughing laughing mischievous tongue wink

Posts 141 - 150 of 200