Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Mar 3rd 2013 new

(Quote) Michelle-754765 said: Not as easy to meet people as others, I do agree with you on that. I have no idea what the de...
(Quote) Michelle-754765 said:

Not as easy to meet people as others, I do agree with you on that. I have no idea what the deal is with "lack of responses" because it irritates me as well. Maybe has something to do with being a "religious" site?

--hide--

I agree with you. I am new at the whole "online dating" and new to this site. I find it quite frustrating and disappointing the lack of responses and interest....??? However, I have chosen this site exactly because, like myself, its members value our Catholic believes and hopefully, live their lives by its principles! If our faith is important to us, finding a "practicing man" can be a bit difficult, and this site will hopefully provide a greater opportunity to meet such a man...??!! I trust that CM members are more trustworthy than those on other sites thus eliminating some of the "dangers" and unreliable information !!!! One more thing, living in Miami and trying to find someone "nearby" has also been challenging, but I hope and pray that this will change......!!

Mar 3rd 2013 new
I feel very fortunate because I have been able to meet a few very nice Catholic women F2F in a relatively short time. Whether one of those relationships will develop into the lifelong commitment that I'm seeking remains to be seen. However, I'm truly thankful to have had the opportunity to at least meet women from this site who are, frankly, quite wonderful. In addition, I've been able to correspond with a number of women who, if we lived closer to one another, I would definitely want to meet F2F. That being said, Maine tends to be a summer destination for many people (being Vacationland and all), so if anyone happens to be in the vicinity of Portland, let me know and I'd love to meet for coffee. I can only speak for myself and my experiences here may not reflect those of many others, but CM does provide a valuable service. As has been said, it's simply a tool (and a good one, I think). So, I hope you won't get discouraged. Whenever you read the profile of someone who appears to meet the criteria you're looking for, don't be passive - send a message! With God's help, it only takes one person to fulfill your dream.
Mar 3rd 2013 new

(Quote) Lucy-41785 said: Mary is right! (Yes, that's even in writing, Mar! ) Attend or organize an event! <...
(Quote) Lucy-41785 said:

Mary is right! (Yes, that's even in writing, Mar! ) Attend or organize an event!

I KNOW it's hard that first time. But really, folks, I see so many people in these forums who are frustrated in not meeting others, but when I look at the people attending events and organizing them, I don't see nearly enough. I've dated two CM men I've met at events.

Like Jackie 198, I attended CM Ireland 2011 and in 10 days, I made friends with whom I'm planning vacations with and receiving uplifting cards, texts and phone calls from still two years later. The CM Indy peeps are the group I count as my first official event (I knew I was going to meet a LOT of people, and I am NOT a big group person.) Yet I had a blast, and they are now stuck with me years later! I kid, but I THINK they are mostly glad... I know I am!

Repeating: Attend or organize an event - event just a simple Mass and meal meet-up in your area. (I've posted that three times tonight. I think it's safe to say I feel fairly strongly about it! )

--hide--

Our first Indy event was a corn maze and dinner afterward.. It doesn't have to be complicated..

Mar 3rd 2013 new

(Quote) Gene-529847 said: Hi Moire,Yes, a "non-practicing" Catholic. What are the odds?
(Quote) Gene-529847 said:

Hi Moire,

Yes, a "non-practicing" Catholic. What are the odds?

--hide--

Probably pretty good since about 40% of Catholics are 'non-practicing'..

Mar 3rd 2013 new

(Quote) Moire-630682 said: I'm giving this site another shot after trying (at last count) 6-7 other dating sites over th...
(Quote) Moire-630682 said:

I'm giving this site another shot after trying (at last count) 6-7 other dating sites over the past few years. I originally signed up two or three years ago, but after "chatting" with guys for weeks on end none of them ever asked me out, so I wound up canceling my subscription. This time around it seems even worse; I've only been in contact with one guy and he IMs, rather than messages me, which I have a harder time with personally since I am up and around a lot. I've sent emoticons/short messages to several other guys with no response.

I mean, I'm fully aware it might just be me, but... I don't get it. Again, I've been on other sites, and even though I may not be in a relationship I at least got lots of dates and met some nice/interesting people. What's the deal? Has anyone else encountered this?

--hide--
Yes, Moire. I've met and had dates with several CM ladies. All of them were pleasant and the dates went well. A few of them led to additional dates. Some are looking for friendship only (nothing wrong with that); in a couple of cases, distance and circumstances have interfered with pursuing anything further. In one situation, the lady (a widow) realized she wasn't ready to get back into the dating scene, but the evening was still very pleasant.

There are more women on this site I'd like to meet, but, again, it's timing, location, and circumstances.

It proves to me there's great potential on CM. Keep at it.

Mar 3rd 2013 new

(Quote) Marcella-935732 said: I agree with you. I am new at the whole "online dating" and new to this...
(Quote) Marcella-935732 said:

I agree with you. I am new at the whole "online dating" and new to this site. I find it quite frustrating and disappointing the lack of responses and interest....??? However, I have chosen this site exactly because, like myself, its members value our Catholic believes and hopefully, live their lives by its principles! If our faith is important to us, finding a "practicing man" can be a bit difficult, and this site will hopefully provide a greater opportunity to meet such a man...??!! I trust that CM members are more trustworthy than those on other sites thus eliminating some of the "dangers" and unreliable information !!!! One more thing, living in Miami and trying to find someone "nearby" has also been challenging, but I hope and pray that this will change......!!

--hide--
Let's begin by extending a warm welcome to you, Marcella. You've found CM and the forums -- a good place to get acquainted. You'll find a variety of topics, hopefully some of them will be of interest and you will join in the discussions.

The key element is to be patient. Being a newcomer, realize that things don't happen overnight. I took a quick look at your profile and found a fine collection of photos (excellent view of St Peter's Square). CM is like a dating toolkit -- one needs to use as many tools as possible for maximum exposure. Not all features are for everyone, but there's enough variety to pique almost everyone's interest. If you can attend CM gatherings and events, you'll meet and greet other members personally.

Mar 3rd 2013 new

Thank you Steve for your response. I am also wondering if I will be able to meet someone. I feel more encouraged reading your response.

Mar 3rd 2013 new

New post alert! Welcome Cindy!

I have met several people on the site for F2F meetings. One was truly disastrous (involving a trip to Chicago from KY) and a couple stood me up, but ten or so of them have been good, and I have definitely enjoyed getting together with the CM Indy group. I am still keeping up hope even if lately it has been a bit of a dry period.

Rob

Mar 4th 2013 new
Just joined a few days ago and am catching up reading all your posts. It has been helpful. For starters, Patrick, thanks for the lovely poem. In 10 years you will still be younger than me right now and as you say...closer to perfect but still young. Lol. Peter you say you are in Philly. My hometown but now in Music City and % of Catholic singles my age is slim to none. Guess I will dance my way through this phase of my life. Where is the closest event you guys mentioned? Happy searching!😀😍
Mar 4th 2013 new

Standing you up is inexcusable. sad

Posts 151 - 160 of 200