Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

02/19/2013 new

(Quote) Marge-938695 said: I have to laugh, Steve. The last time a CM guy posted that, I responded with, "T...
(Quote) Marge-938695 said:

I have to laugh, Steve. The last time a CM guy posted that, I responded with, "That's because you didn't contact ME". As a result, we had a very lovely friendship that lasted about a year. (He was young enough to be my son, so it ended when he married someone his own age.)

--hide--

Cool. I can always use more friends. highfive

02/19/2013 new

(Quote) Christine-924384 said: I think that it would be a great idea if married couples who met here on CM were able to post...
(Quote) Christine-924384 said:

I think that it would be a great idea if married couples who met here on CM were able to post in a specific forum for free. They would not be in the 'pool' of CM people, but could answer questions that single people would like to ask them ie. about their courtship, long distance issues, children, moving, blending of families, etc. I think that their advice could really be beneficial, and instead of just hearing about success stories, we could 'see' them better.

--hide--

I think that's an awesome idea. Just as in some parishes there seems to be a line of exclusion between adult singles and families. If they met here and married, why exclude them from the community? They could be a great source of advice and encouragement for people who are still looking and for new couples.

02/19/2013 new

...and, for the record Moire, I have met someone from CM in person. Traveled a pretty fair distance to do so too.

02/19/2013 new

I met someone, Moire, who was from this site; she started seeing someone when she was on CM and then did not write back, but she was matched with me six months later on another service. She was the one that nearly became engaged to me, in other threads, that turned out not to substantially believe in Catholic OR Christian elements of faith. . . so yes, I did meet someone, but not while she was on CM.

I met a second person that I would like to pursue that I am currently friendly with, and whom I have met before. . . she's a nice girl, but moved from this area to the city and it doesn't sound like she wants to leave again; I will not live in a city larger than say Topeka or Lincoln. Been there, done that. So, dating might be difficult. . .

By and large, the most advertising CM does is in Diocesan newspapers or in parishes in the City, and we don't have the farmgirls who live in the small communities reading these publications (or they don't have access to them).

I find myself increasingly in disagreement either conservatively, or liberally, as the case may be, with other users, and don't believe I'll continue after the subscription ends. Too few users that subscribe in my area (within 100 miles).

02/19/2013 new

I've had 2 F2F's and dated one of them briefly.

02/19/2013 new
Hi Moire, I've had the same problem. I'm disappointed too, that there aren't more men on this site, who are willing to get to know someone who lives in another State, and who loves their Catholic faith. Try doing a Novena to St. Joseph to find you someone that God wants you to be with.
02/19/2013 new

(Quote) David-364112 said: Me either, but she must be on the ball to dole out such wise advice.
(Quote) David-364112 said:

Me either, but she must be on the ball to dole out such wise advice.

--hide--
(oh) I agree with ya Bro! 100%

02/19/2013 new

(Quote) Moire-630682 said: I'm giving this site another shot after trying (at last count) 6-7 other dating sites over th...
(Quote) Moire-630682 said:

I'm giving this site another shot after trying (at last count) 6-7 other dating sites over the past few years. I originally signed up two or three years ago, but after "chatting" with guys for weeks on end none of them ever asked me out, so I wound up canceling my subscription. This time around it seems even worse; I've only been in contact with one guy and he IMs, rather than messages me, which I have a harder time with personally since I am up and around a lot. I've sent emoticons/short messages to several other guys with no response.

I mean, I'm fully aware it might just be me, but... I don't get it. Again, I've been on other sites, and even though I may not be in a relationship I at least got lots of dates and met some nice/interesting people. What's the deal? Has anyone else encountered this?

--hide--
I'm just here for the weekly quiz! Once I hit 30,000, I promised myself I would leave. laughing

But to answer the question, I have met a few people from this site, most of them a few years ago at a CM event. I see interaction on this site as a supplement to the traditional way of meeting people, not a replacement. If you are counting on CM being your sole avenue to meeting that special guy, you're setting yourself up for disappointment. CM is not as extensive as facebook, match.com, and other larger dating sites. The pool of available matches in your area is much smaller as a result. Use CM to expand your faith and to get a better idea of what it takes to identify a good Catholic man you might meet at Church or other Catholic activities in your area. While it's not impossible to meet someone online here, your chances are still far better IRL.

02/19/2013 new

My own opinion has always been, married folks should stay off the 'puter and spend their time interacting with each other.

02/19/2013 new

My understanding is that she is going to show up at the Florida CM event. That's what I heard anyway.

Posts 31 - 40 of 200